CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed songs NOT in drop D (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12441)

austin. 07-18-2009 01:45 AM

Creed songs NOT in drop D

I know alot of Creed songs like Higher, My Own Prison, Lullaby, Torn (don't quote me on that one), and alot more are in drop D tuning. I'm a newbie to guitar, and I'm determined to learn a Creed song before the Creed concert in Atlanta I'm going to. My dad is easily the best guitar player around, and can play anything he wants. He aces all Creed songs. What If intro is real easy for him. But he says drop D is harder and will mess my head up switching between standard tuning and drop D.
What's the simplest, easiest, not drop D song?
________
BABI MAC

Dark_Knight 07-18-2009 03:25 AM

Re: Creed songs NOT in drop D

Drop D is actually easier if you ask me...at least that's what I thought when I was learning guitar. The easiest song in standard would probably be "Don't Stop Dancing" though...pretty simple.

austin. 07-18-2009 03:56 AM

Ok, Pre-Weathered.
Dad quit listening after Human Clay
________
VAPORIZER.ORG

revisfoot 07-18-2009 02:13 PM

Austin,

The first song I learned was What's This Life For. It's in standard, and it's only four chords. Pity for a Dime is in standard as well. Hope that helps.

Dark_Knight 07-18-2009 02:21 PM

^Those are your only choices right there then haha "What's This Life For" is probably the easiest of those 2.

austin. 07-18-2009 02:25 PM

What's this life for it is then.
Thanks guys.
________
Michigan marijuana dispensary

skyguy86 07-18-2009 02:48 PM

I know they are in drop D, but two songs to learn that are fairly easy are Freedom Fighter and My Own Prison

And drop D isnt harder than standard, its just different. The only difference is the bottom string is tuned down a whole step. This makes power chords a billion times easier (and they were already simple to begin with). The only thing that'll throw u off is relearning the scales because now u have to shift the position of the bottom string up 2 frets. Everything else is exactly the same.

austin. 07-18-2009 03:14 PM

Have 3 acoustics only right now, so Freedom Fighter wouldn't be the best right now.
I'm looking to get a PRS Tremonti with my first few paychecks.
________
Vaporizer Shop

TheGreatDivide 07-18-2009 04:06 PM

how do you play Whats This Life For...... I've tried tabs and learning the chords but my problem is I learn best if you tell me where my fingers go.

austin. 07-18-2009 05:20 PM

well dad tells me that the chords are easy, but playing it right us hard. he is pretty much against teaching me in drop d right now. he says my own prison is the easiest to him. he doesnt know freedom fighter. any other suggestions?
________
YAMAHA YZ426F

skyguy86 07-18-2009 05:32 PM

ummm those are the only 2 that i really know lol

Agent D 07-18-2009 06:46 PM

I think One is in standard tuning.

Dark_Knight 07-18-2009 10:48 PM

Yeah I forgot about One...it's not that hard either really.

austin. 07-19-2009 04:37 PM

One is pretty hard. The beginning is.
________
BMW 326

TRU-FLIP 07-21-2009 12:14 PM

I know with AB some of the songs are standard tuning, just dropped down a half step. Im not sure if any creed songs are like that... but... if there are then that might be some you would want to look into