CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Audioslave heading for the studio!!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6591)

Dogstar 05-13-2004 07:14 PM

Audioslave heading for the studio!!!!

Got this e-mail today from Sony Music:

"Audioslave is going into the studio to record their second album very soon. Interscope Records will be releasing this next album.

In order to keep you up-to-date with the latest Audioslave news, Sony Music would like to give your email address to Interscope Records. If you do not want your email address given to Interscope A&M Records for this purpose, please Click here to unsubscribe by May 20, 2004.

You can always continue to get the latest on Audioslave at www.audioslave.com

(c) 2004 Sony Music Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SMOS | 550 Madison Avenue 24th Floor | New York, NY 10022
Sony Privacy Policy "

Don't know the reason for the label switch, but whatever. Wasn't Soundgarden originally signed by A&M?....Anyway, it's great news about the studio work...I'm stoked!

WeatheredWoman 05-13-2004 07:20 PM

Thnx so much for the info Dogstar!!! :thumbsup:

Something beautiful is coming up... again!!! :D

Trees of Wisdom 05-13-2004 07:25 PM

You beat me to it. I was going to post about this! :mad:

Dogstar 05-13-2004 07:40 PM

LOL, I think everybody must have gotten the e-mail at the same time. It's great news, though. That means a tour, I'm sure...Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Can't WAIT.

Trees of Wisdom 05-13-2004 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
LOL, I think everybody must have gotten the e-mail at the same time. It's great news, though. That means a tour, I'm sure...Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Can't WAIT.

Wasn't Audioslave's former label Epic?

I can't wait for the album. I am guessing that the album will be released in October or November.

Dogstar 05-13-2004 07:55 PM

Yeah, it was but I think it's a subsidiary or something. Fricken Sony owns a lot.

aussiecreeder 05-13-2004 08:40 PM

were not both labels fighting over the band and came to a compromise which was Epic releasing the first, Interscope the second etc? this is great news another album to look forward to this year. the debut was good but not as good as soundgarden's stuff. hoping for something great this time around. lets hope for less dj effects from morello.

Dogstar 05-13-2004 08:42 PM

Yeah, I think Interscope was that other label, now that you mention it. I love Morello's effects :D...

aussiecreeder 05-13-2004 08:49 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I think Interscope was that other label, now that you mention it. I love Morello's effects :D...

it was a bit overdone on their debut album i thought, its cool just a bit too much of it. i would like some more complexity and show off a bit more! :D hard to believe he was in a band with adam jones, that would have been something.

Dogstar 05-13-2004 08:53 PM

Hmmm, I don't know. I really loved their debut. I didn't find the effects overdone. I thought most of them fit a lot of the songs...I mean, they will never be Soundgarden or Rage. It's a different mix. I'm just really curious about the new stuff, though.

aussiecreeder 05-13-2004 08:58 PM

the effects weren't really that bad, the biggest problem was that the album was too long and their were too many so-so songs. keep this one to 12 songs and release the rest as b-sides and/or soundtracks. i also don't think cornell's voice is what it used to be. hoping its back up to that mid 90's level, this would be in my top 3 albums that i'm looking forward to this year! :)

Dogstar 05-13-2004 09:05 PM

Wow, I love every song on that album. I never skip any of them. I think the weakest one may be Cochise, but even that one is cool. I agree about Cornell's voice, but that happens with age, alcohol and cigarettes, LOL...I don't think he'll ever reach that early to mid-90s form again.

Trees of Wisdom 05-13-2004 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
were not both labels fighting over the band and came to a compromise which was Epic releasing the first, Interscope the second etc? this is great news another album to look forward to this year. the debut was good but not as good as soundgarden's stuff. hoping for something great this time around. lets hope for less dj effects from morello.

Actually, they're whammy effects. And they're pretty cool.

Steve 05-13-2004 09:11 PM

There's a few songs on the album I don't like but that doesn't really ruin the album. I just reach over and hit the "Next" button on my cd player. I think it was a solid album, one of my favs for the year it was released.

BTW, the debut album was released on Epic Records which is owned by Sony Music. Interscope Records is owned by Universal Music. As far as I know, they are separate companies. Maybe Universal recently merged or bought out Sony Music? Universal did just merge with NBC...

aussiecreeder 05-13-2004 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
There's a few songs on the album I don't like but that doesn't really ruin the album. I just reach over and hit the "Next" button on my cd player. I think it was a solid album, one of my favs for the year it was released.

BTW, the debut album was released on Epic Records which is owned by Sony Music. Interscope Records is owned by Universal Music. As far as I know, they are separate companies. Maybe Universal recently merged or bought out Sony Music? Universal did just merge with NBC...

whammy effects? oh sorry... :D

it was a solid album and i'm living in the past but compare it to batmotorfinger or superunknown. sony and universal must have a friendly relationship if sony is promoting a interscope release. my fav from audioslave was "light my way". if its cut down to 12 songs or so i'm sure it will be sweet as!

Dogstar 05-13-2004 09:26 PM

LOL, but you really can't compare it to the SG albums. This band has different dynamics, different influences, different writing. I have a hard time picking a favorite off it, LOL....I'm partial to Shadow on the Sun, Set If Off, What You Are, Last Remaining Light, I Am the Highway...ok, I'll stop now, hehehe.

aussiecreeder 05-13-2004 09:31 PM

Quote:

LOL, but you really can't compare it to the SG albums. This band has different dynamics, different influences, different writing. I have a hard time picking a favorite off it, LOL....I'm partial to Shadow on the Sun, Set If Off, What You Are, Last Remaining Light, I Am the Highway...ok, I'll stop now, hehehe.

in theory audioslave should be better then sg and ratm combined even if its just a mix of the best of the both worlds. is there an acoustic version of i am the highway? love that song.....

Dogstar 05-13-2004 09:34 PM

I know there are live semi-acoustic versions of it floating around, but I don't know if there is an official studio acoustic release.

jango 05-13-2004 11:22 PM

http://www.theskyiscrape.com/multime...10-28d2t08.mp3

There's a killer version of Like a Stone done by Cornell at a Santa Barbara PJ show...

Dogstar 05-13-2004 11:27 PM

OMG, that show was awesome. I got to watch a friend's boot of it...That was such a friggin killer show!!!!

jango 05-13-2004 11:30 PM

Temple of the Dog reunited... does it get any better? No it doesn't, children.

Dogstar 05-13-2004 11:32 PM

It ruled!

jango 05-13-2004 11:34 PM

Not to mention the fact that Jack Irons was behind the set for two songs... amazing show. Good enough to become the 03 fan club single... :)

Dogstar 05-13-2004 11:36 PM

Hahaha, for sure...and thanks for the link, jango.

aussiecreeder 05-13-2004 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jango
Temple of the Dog reunited... does it get any better? No it doesn't, children.

another album (under a different album) would send me into a cold sweat! :D matt cameron and chris cornell back in the same band, with stone's cool groves and mike showing the world how good he is really is! :) a full reunion show (perhaps on the anniversary of andy's passing) would be just out of this world. great musos, great music and a great singer does it any greater? :)

aussiecreeder 05-13-2004 11:40 PM

Quote:

Not to mention the fact that Jack Irons was behind the set for two songs... amazing show. Good enough to become the 03 fan club single... :)

i love jack's work on no code but dave a is the best drummer spinal tap oh i meant pj has had IMO, a great power drummer and you can't go past "Go".

Steve 05-19-2004 01:03 AM

Quote:

http://www.theskyiscrape.com/multime...10-28d2t08.mp3

There's a killer version of Like a Stone done by Cornell at a Santa Barbara PJ show...

Wow I missed the remainder of this thread. Thanks for the link.

aussiecreeder 05-19-2004 05:23 AM

Quote:

steve if you are a fan of cornell in general that site also has that whole show where chris also played "can't change me" from his acoustic album. best song from that album IMO is "Disappearing One" and that album is better then Audioslave's debut IMHO.

Steve 05-19-2004 11:18 AM

I didn't like his solo album as much as I like Audioslave's debut. His solo album was good, but I just like Audioslave better.

RMadd 05-19-2004 11:27 AM

Audioslave kicks ass! Temple of the Dog was pretty cool, too.

jango 05-19-2004 02:09 PM

Quote:

No prob... and yes, Cornell's solo album was mediocre at best.

Dogstar 05-19-2004 02:16 PM

I love Cornell's solo album tons, but I don't think it's better than Audioslave.

aussiecreeder 05-19-2004 08:27 PM

Quote:

No prob... and yes, Cornell's solo album was mediocre at best.

?????? your music taste is good for the most part IMO, but medicore at best?

can't change me
flutter girl
preaching the end of the world
wave goodbye
moon child
disappearing one
pillow on your bones

hell the whole album is fantastic

aussiecreeder 05-19-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

I didn't like his solo album as much as I like Audioslave's debut. His solo album was good, but I just like Audioslave better.

see if i was a mod i would ban you for such an uneducated comment! :D

jango 05-20-2004 09:56 PM

Quote:

?????? your music taste is good for the most part IMO, but medicore at best?

Here's why it is mediocre. When discussing an album such as this, comparisons are drawn not to popular music (which sucks innumerable amounts of crap) but to credible bands associated with the musician... ie Soundgarden. Cornell's album is great compared to modern rock, but mediocre when compared to, say, Superunknown or Badmotorfinger.

So it would be easy to state "Chris Cornell's album rocks!" But there's more to it than that... good music is held to a higher standard in my books. ;)

aussiecreeder 05-20-2004 11:18 PM

Quote:

Here's why it is mediocre. When discussing an album such as this, comparisons are drawn not to popular music (which sucks innumerable amounts of crap) but to credible bands associated with the musician... ie Soundgarden. Cornell's album is great compared to modern rock, but mediocre when compared to, say, Superunknown or Badmotorfinger.

So it would be easy to state "Chris Cornell's album rocks!" But there's more to it than that... good music is held to a higher standard in my books. ;)

its great to have high standards but there is a flaw in your arguement. soundgarden were one of the most popular bands of their day and superunknown one of the most loved albums of the time. that with ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene.

jango 05-20-2004 11:49 PM

Quote:

its great to have high standards but there is a flaw in your arguement. soundgarden were one of the most popular bands of their day and superunknown one of the most loved albums of the time. that with ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene.

No, there is not a flaw.

You are once again interpreting music from a popular viewpoint... "ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene" to the mainstream industry.

My opinion is based on my tastes and subsequent higher standards, not society's tastes. Consequently, I hold bands to a higher standard that I deem quality music, not what MTV deems defining albums.

aussiecreeder 05-20-2004 11:56 PM

Quote:

No, there is not a flaw.

You are once again interpreting music from a popular viewpoint... "ten and nevermind were the defining albums of the seattle scene" to the mainstream industry.

My opinion is based on my tastes and subsequent higher standards, not society's tastes. Consequently, I hold bands to a higher standard that I deem quality music, not what MTV deems defining albums.

but in your previous post you talked about popular music which describes soundgarden. however talking about popular or indie music is an irrevelant discussion. the positions of only liking popular music or being an indie snob are both silly positions to take, as long as the music is good then who cares about the numbers? there are good mainstream bands and bad indie bands.....

Sincirr 05-27-2004 03:44 AM

I cannot even try to compare Soundgarden or Audioslave with Cornell's solo album.

There is a deeeeeper edge with Euphoria morning. Its just different. Its more viscerally than cerebrally experienced; whereas soundgarden, I dunno, I sorta get inspired a little more in the mind when I listen to them.

Euphoria morning is an honest and I would almost even say intimate view into a brilliant man, that needed to take another direction to get some stuff out. I adore it. It's not mediocre if U r percieving it correctly.

SCOTTSMYMAN 05-27-2004 09:39 AM

Sincirr, you said it beautifully. I wasn't even sure I would like his solo effort but was really surprised with how much I LOVED it! (Not to mention my 2 year old sings along in the back seat.She just loves it!!!! Won't even take a bath without wanting the music on!!)

As far as Audioslave, I love them too. Thanks for the info Kerri!!