CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Stapp will be playing Creed songs on tour!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7705)

musiclover291 10-15-2004 03:55 PM

I think we have to just wait and see. I will reserve judgement untill he starts touring.

RMadd 10-15-2004 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heinzel
when Stapp plays some creed songs acoutisc, then it's ok with me. I mean him alone on the guitar. But, when he plays them live with a band....

agreed... i'm alright w/ acoustic, but a backup band that's not Creed? fuck no

The Lithium 10-15-2004 05:59 PM

That's what I'm saying!

StillACreedFan 10-15-2004 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
agreed... i'm alright w/ acoustic, but a backup band that's not Creed? fuck no

I agree 100%.

ctfan 10-15-2004 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
This SUCKS big time!!

I just downloaded a fresh interview with him from PBF, and he said he will be playing Creed songs on his tour, which is awful!! Flip, Mark and Brian were such a big part of that band, it's not fair to them or the fans! He also played Higher live acoustic in the studio, now he did it really well, but it was still awful!! That's Mark's song Goddammit! It felt like he was playing a cover! AB have decided to never ever play a Creed song, and that is, to me, the right decision.

Very disappointing!

Mark has made it pretty clear that he's pretty much ashamed of Creed and it's music. I remember the comment he made about WAWO, and how people shouldn't remember them for that one song. Funny thing is...when I hear that song, Mark doesn't come to mind.

If Alter Bridge wants to perform Creed songs, I guess they could. I don't really see anyone stopping them from doing it. It would be hard though...because Myle's voice just doesn't fit. Maybe that's why they haven't. :)

Dogstar 10-15-2004 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan
Mark has made it pretty clear that he's pretty much ashamed of Creed and it's music. I remember the comment he made about WAWO, and how people shouldn't remember them for that one song.

Could you cite the source on this one? Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember him saying that, or is that your interpretation of things he has said about Creed and its music?

TeriB19 10-15-2004 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan
Mark has made it pretty clear that he's pretty much ashamed of Creed and it's music.

Where in the WIDE world did you get this from??? I'd love to see this documented someplace. Please post proof or retract.

Mark et al have moved on from Creed, but I'm sorry, I know Mark's never said he's been ashamed of Creed or their music. Perhaps he was ashamed of some of the behavior, but ashamed of the music?? When he wrote almost all of the music?? Really. I want what you're smoking. :smokin:

Trimontana 10-15-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Could you cite the source on this one? Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember him saying that, or is that your interpretation of things he has said about Creed and its music?

Man iīm with you again, every one insists about that Mark said this...or maybe itīs that you wanted that Mark would said...but he never did.

StillACreedFan 10-15-2004 10:18 PM

Quote:

I remember the comment he made about WAWO, and how people shouldn't remember them for that one song.
He's right though. WAWO isn't a great example of what Creed was.

Steve 10-15-2004 11:21 PM

Quote:

Mark has made it pretty clear that he's pretty much ashamed of Creed and it's music. I remember the comment he made about WAWO, and how people shouldn't remember them for that one song. Funny thing is...when I hear that song, Mark doesn't come to mind.

I'd like to see a source on this one as well. However giving you the benefit of the doubt, so what if Mark said that. It's a true statement isn't it? Why would you want your band to be known for one song? That's a "one-hit-wonder" band. Mark would be absolutely right in saying that. Sure, WAWO brought in all the fans when it was released as a single. That was the song that went mainstream. However there was much more to Creed than one song, and we all know it. I think that statement would simply mean that he doesn't want to be known as a one-hit-wonder band, which they obviously were not.

The Lithium 10-16-2004 05:15 AM

Yeah, I will join the club here, where did you find out about the fact that Mark is ashamed for great songs he have written?

aussiecreeder 10-16-2004 05:15 AM

i don't really have a problem with stapp covering a couple of creed songs a night
as long as he doesn't become creed with some orignal songs thrown it. my biggest fear is a GNR scenario.

jammy123 10-16-2004 05:17 AM

the day he performs my sacrifice .....

The Lithium 10-16-2004 08:59 AM

What about that day?

Trimontana 10-16-2004 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammy123
the day he performs my sacrifice .....

First it was Higher and WAWO and now My sacrifice. Letīs guess what song Stapp will perform next....DSD??? or OLB???. What your recon guys??'.

Thatīs anoying!!!!!.