CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New Album by PearlJam maybe? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5276)

jango 01-14-2004 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide
oh LOL!

i think i remember that now but I probably didn't pay much attention to you. So you were a troll but somehow you a fan of some description. Are you one of the many who liked perhaps even loved MOP but hated everything since? Isn't it a little strange to spend time on a board of a band you don't even like. When can I expect you at Synergy?

So could that line be more generic perhaps more then one person? I think that someone such as Stapp or Lewis is the obvious canditate but i'm sure i'm misinterpreting it.

"(G-R-E-E-D)
(G-R-E-E-D)
(G-R-E-E-D)
it's a disease and they're all green
it emanates from their being
a satiation with occupation
and like weeds with big leaves
stealing light from what's beneath
where they have more
still they take more
i know, then i don't
there's a stow-away with my throat
it's deceiving, i don't believe him
we can scream out our doors
behind the wall, a fat man snores
in his dreams, he's choking ti leaves
well i guess there's nothing wrong with what you say
but don't sell me, "there can't be better ways"
tell the captain, "the boat's not safe, and we're drowning"
turns out he's the one making waves, waves, waves...
i said there's nothing wrong with what you say
believe me, i'm just asking you to sway
no white or black, just grey
can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
brain...
(G-R-E-E-D)
(G-R-E-E-D)"

In one of the Riot Act shows, Ed changed the lyrics to "I know, then I don't/There's a stowaway with mith throat/It's deceiving/His band's named Creed." Then concluding the song with "C-R-E-E-D, C-R-E-E-D."

In my opinion, Green Disease is a sociopolitical song detailing the evil corporate-controlled America and society's acceptance of the American ideal being entirely monetarily based. In my own interpretation, a satiation is complete satisfaction with greed and the pursuit of riches, supported by a government "occupation" via large corporate chains. However, does Ed specifically mean this? I doubt it. This is what I get from it... As Ed says "Interpret, don't translate." As for the Creed line, perhaps for that show the stowaway was Stapp. However, on any other day, the stowaway is any corporate driven enterprise, in their case, Sony. Through his voice and his words he encourages and drives the political viewpoints of many, with good intent. However, his voice and the stowaway therein are, when all is said in done, controlled by money and corporate greed, the opposite of what Pearl Jam has stood for. Again, this is my opinion. There are NO exact interpretations of Pearl Jam music, which is why it appeals to so many.

RMadd 01-15-2004 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Man, those guys have been busy! They just released Lost Dogs! Way cool. Thanks for the news.

Does it make a difference that they just released it? As has been previously stated, it's a rarities and other B-sides compilation... so, if I'm not mistaken, most songs already had studio versions recorded?

Dogstar 01-15-2004 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
Does it make a difference that they just released it? As has been previously stated, it's a rarities and other B-sides compilation... so, if I'm not mistaken, most songs already had studio versions recorded?

Yes, but I'm sure there is still a lot of work involved in selecting and mixing and production. Sheesh. That was an old post anyway. What's your point?

RMadd 01-15-2004 12:24 AM

calm down, eh? this was the first time i've read in the thread, so i was trying to get an idea of what the heezy was going on... and your post just piqued my curiosity. Is it that time of month again, b/c I've noticed some of your recent posts being not-too-nice...

Dogstar 01-15-2004 01:33 AM

That's quite a sexist remark, and I don't really appreciate it. I could say the same about your posts. So you could take a chill pill as well.

hayley 01-15-2004 02:21 AM

Time out guys

Take it easy Bearfan

jango 01-16-2004 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
calm down, eh? this was the first time i've read in the thread, so i was trying to get an idea of what the heezy was going on... and your post just piqued my curiosity. Is it that time of month again, b/c I've noticed some of your recent posts being not-too-nice...

Your post did not serve to enlighten others or benefit the conversation as a whole... so it was unnecessary. Perhaps had you entered the discussion earlier, it may have been pertinent. Lay off.

Dogstar, he/she's a Republican, it's to be expected. ;)

Dogstar 01-16-2004 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jango
Your post did not serve to enlighten others or benefit the conversation as a whole... so it was unnecessary. Perhaps had you entered the discussion earlier, it may have been pertinent. Lay off.

LMAO! :D, and thanks, jango :)

hide 01-17-2004 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jango

LOL oh so that explains why Jango is such a PJ fan! hehe

To be fair there are quite a few more "conserative" PJ fans and I would place myself in that category but they are a few and far between. But I must say that Bush and Howard have to go! Jango that is an interstering interpratation there and it makes a lot of sense.

I never thought that a major part of the song dealed with Stapp but I have always thought that he is the stowaway. Good intentions but used by the corporate machine for bad results? Interstering!