CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Another small clip from Michael (nothing special) (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6325)

Higher_Desire 04-15-2004 06:25 PM

Another small clip from Michael (nothing special)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel @ CreedPit
Just wanted to let you all know that when they pick a name that does not mean that I will be able to tell you what it is right away. Copyrights need to be done first and URL's need to be snatched up. When I get the ok I will let you all know.

Michael

Just found this one too...
Quote:

Actually I'm not sure how long it takes. Regardless, I'm pretty sure you all will see a press release regarding the state of Creed and the official announcement of the new band's name. Don't qoute me on this though, I'm just making an edjucated guess.

Michael

H-D :punk2:

Trees of Wisdom 04-15-2004 06:33 PM

And yet you quoted him. :rolleyes:

I think we should get an announcement about the new band in the next month or so. The new band just started to record today! "About the state of Creed"?! What does that mean? Are they going to wait until Mark's new band is ready to announce that Creed is over? :confused:

hayley 04-15-2004 06:53 PM

Ahh I hate waiting

tremonti4life04 04-15-2004 07:38 PM

well, just remember too that creed always gave us a wait for a new album, and it was always worth it! So this is worth the waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.........

Shadow 04-15-2004 07:39 PM

Quote:

Just found this one too...

Actually I'm not sure how long it takes. Regardless, I'm pretty sure you all will see a press release regarding the state of Creed and the official announcement of the new band's name. Don't qoute me on this though, I'm just making an edjucated guess.

Michael

Oh Boy....here we go again....

I know I'm going to get my head bit off for this comment, but I'm to the point where I just wish Michael wouldn't say anything. Either confirm something 100% or don't say anything. I would rather not know. I go into "Creed" withdrawal too easily.

velocityidp 04-15-2004 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tremonti4life04
well, just remember too that creed always gave us a wait for a new album, and it was always worth it! So this is worth the waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.........

Well, except for Weathered... :)

aussiecreeder 04-15-2004 10:01 PM

while this has opened a can of worms thanks for posting anyhow! it will be good to have some reliable word on creed's future rather then the current situation and obvioulsy we won't get the band name straight away (probably chosen by now.)

facelessman 04-15-2004 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velocityidp

ouch

Trees of Wisdom 04-16-2004 12:03 AM

Quote:

I think I'll have to agree with that.

facelessman 04-16-2004 12:05 AM

alright, it wasnt that bad...could have been better though

Trees of Wisdom 04-16-2004 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessman
alright, it wasnt that bad...could have been better though

They really half-assed the writing process if you tell me. :rolleyes:

facelessman 04-16-2004 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom

i think the lyrics were good, but comparing it to MOP and HC, it wasnt as good...if that makes sense

Trees of Wisdom 04-16-2004 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessman
i think the lyrics were good, but comparing it to MOP and HC, it wasnt as good...if that makes sense

The album was decent; it wasn't great. But it was crap compared to MOP and HC.

facelessman 04-16-2004 12:27 AM

Quote:

The album was decent; it wasn't great. But it was crap compared to MOP and HC.

yes it was decent

aussiecreeder 04-16-2004 01:20 AM

Weathered was better then HC IMHO and at about the same level as MOP. HC was not as consistent with songs like Wrong Way and Say I not as good as some of the others (Never Die as well). Weathered went in some different directions and if the process went a bit longer it would have being out of this world. Saying that MOP would be their best album, then Weathered and HC last but by no means least.

Dogstar 04-16-2004 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
Weathered was better then HC IMHO and at about the same level as MOP. HC was not as consistent with songs like Wrong Way and Say I not as good as some of the others (Never Die as well). Weathered went in some different directions and if the process went a bit longer it would have being out of this world. Saying that MOP would be their best album, then Weathered and HC last but by no means least.

Hmmm, gotta disagree with you there about Weathered being on par with MOP. I thought Weathered was wildly inconsisent. It has its moments, but it doesn't come close to the vibe of MOP. I mean, Lullaby?? That just doesn't belong on a rock record. MOP record had a much deeper, darker feel to it than Weathered even came close to. MOP was much more raw lyrically and musically and HC was a notch or two down from MOP in my estimation but still rockin' hard enough for me. Weathered went too commercial and poppy for my liking. It was rushed and I think the label wanted to cash in on the Creed formula as long as it could. Overall, it just doesn't move me the way the other two do. I haven't listened to it in a loooooong time.

Higher_Desire 04-16-2004 02:01 AM

I seem really seperated from all of you on the topic of Weathered. I love it. I love HC. I love MOP. I love Creed. I am just happy to have thier music and find it un uplifting part of my life. Their music has helped me through some tough times. All 3 albums have. I don't analyze their music to determine what is better than a previous album.

H-D :punk2:

Dogstar 04-16-2004 02:04 AM

That's great for you, H-D, but not everyone has the same reactions to things. I'm happy to have the music, too, but I like the first two albums better than Weathered. I still like Weathered, but I don't enjoy it as much as the other two CDs.

hayley 04-16-2004 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I mean, Lullaby?? That just doesn't belong on a rock record.

I have to agree with you there. But I guess rocks bands need to experiment or the albums can get boring if you have the same range of rock over and over again.
I mean Pearl Jam's indifference doesn't belong on a rock album, but the lyrics are what matters most, and there is a very long stretch of meaning between Indifference and Lullaby.

My thoughs on Weathered, I do agree with Dogstar, the lyrics on Weathered didn't come close to MOP or HC, but Weathered was still a very touching album. I do think that it was fairly rushed and you can tell that in the album, compared to other Creed songs. Weathered comes last in my list of Creed albums, and HC the first. To me, my personal experiances Human Clay suits me best, lyrically and musically, that's why I rate it my favourite. But Weathered still is a beautiful album.

Dogstar 04-16-2004 02:15 AM

Well said, Hayley. I agree. I like it still, just not as much as the others. WGMB still sends chills down my spine.

johellion 04-16-2004 09:18 AM

Quote:

I have to agree with you on that..... WEATHERED was not their best stuff...the first 2 albums were the best!!!!!

aussiecreeder 04-16-2004 10:12 AM

Human Clay hasen't had the staying power with me as the other two albums have. When I first bought it, it was the best thing since sliced bread but I don't find it as consistent as the other two albums, which is strange since that is levelled at Weathered it seems. With Weathered you have Bullets and Freedom Fighter which give you a good kick up the backside, then the truly epic WGMB and Signs is a good rocker although lyrically weak IMHO.

Then its the commercial rock period but some great songs in OLB, MS and SHWM which has an awesome solo. Weathered is something a little different, Hide was something a little different that turned out great while DSD and Lullaby show a willingness to take a risk and the later while not their greatest song does show Scott's range. MOP would be the clear leader if Sister wasen't on the album. Its not bad but its clearly the weakest track IMHO.

I will agree that the lyrics did seem rushed with Weathered and they should have got someone to take the bass duties. Compare it to the 3rd album from basically any other rock group and it stands tall.

I honestly have the feeling this new album could blow Creed's stuff out of the water........I would have never said that a couple of months ago.

Dogstar 04-16-2004 12:04 PM

Quote:

...while DSD and Lullaby show a willingness to take a risk and the later while not their greatest song does show Scott's range.

I think it shows they (or the label) wanted to cross over to make yet more money.

RockGoddess 04-16-2004 12:15 PM

Quote:

I honestly have the feeling this new album could blow Creed's stuff out of the water........

Ditto.

aussiecreeder 04-16-2004 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockGoddess
Ditto.

well you've seen and heard them thanks! :) Dogstar I fail to see how Lullaby could be an income generator considering that it wasen't a single, received no radio play as far as i know and it hasen't really being received that well by the "hardcore" fans. rockgoddess can you tell us if anyone of note was at the showcase? such as Myle's MF4 bandmates, his muscian friends from other notable bands, the guys from Submersed or other friendly bands such as Indorphin, Sevendust etc: I guess someone would have said something if Stapp was there.

Dogstar 04-16-2004 12:39 PM

I was talking more about DSD...that one was released as a single and played on easy listening, pop stations, light music stations....

Jez 04-16-2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

with songs like Wrong Way and Say I not as good as some of the others
:eek: I'm going to pretend I didn't read that...

Trees of Wisdom 04-16-2004 01:30 PM

Quote:

Well said, Hayley. I agree. I like it still, just not as much as the others. WGMB still sends chills down my spine.

Are those good or bad chills?

Trees of Wisdom 04-16-2004 01:31 PM

Quote:

I was talking more about DSD...that one was released as a single and played on easy listening, pop stations, light music stations....

DSD got me really ticked off at Creed. Not only was the music video in a church, but the lyrics sounded very preachy.

Trees of Wisdom 04-16-2004 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockGoddess
Ditto.

Only you would know. :(

Dogstar 04-16-2004 01:33 PM

Quote:

Are those good or bad chills?

:rolleyes:
Good. I love that song....

And Jez, right on...I love Say I big time, along with Wrong Way. I don't consider them weak songs at all.

Trees of Wisdom 04-16-2004 01:36 PM

Quote:

:rolleyes:
Good. I love that song....

And Jez, right on...I love Say I big time, along with Wrong Way. I don't consider them weak songs at all.

"Say I" is such an awesome song. It has some metal-ness to it.

RockGoddess 04-16-2004 03:12 PM

Quote:

I guess someone would have said something if Stapp was there

LMAO. Stapp was most definitely not there.

That I can remember off the top of my head Craig from 4 Years Past and Bill Peck were there. If there were other musicians, I don't recall, but that doesn't mean there weren't.

Apparently John Connolly (sp?) from Sevendust has a cd with some of the new band's stuff on it and he said it was awesome. Gimme a sec and I'll copy the post from another board.

Here ya go:

Quote:

He speaks very HIGHLY of the new band...says it is so awesome and we are going to be blown away. Coming from him...it is pretty much solid..john knows his shit. He said he has the cd and it is incredible..he had nothing but great things to say. He said brian is as awesome as ever..i just hope they do a tour and come my way!

This was posted by someone who is good friends with Connolly.

Shadow 04-16-2004 04:28 PM

Quote:

I'm surprised to hear you say that TOW because I know you are a Mark fan. Mark contributed more lyrics to Weathered then he did on MOP and HC, which were mostly Stapp lyrics (except for Torn). And, if you remember the interview with Mark (that's on the Mark Tremonti web-site), he felt it was Creed's best album.

Lullaby is okay, but it should have never been played in concert. With the exception of maybe one or two songs, I love all of Creed's music, even the lesser known TWIMC and ITTE.

Dogstar, I agree with you about WGMB. It gives me chills too - especially seeing it live. It's the song I remember the most for the concert.

Trees of Wisdom 04-16-2004 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
I'm surprised to hear you say that TOW because I know you are a Mark fan. Mark contributed more lyrics to Weathered then he did on MOP and HC, which were mostly Stapp lyrics (except for Torn). And, if you remember the interview with Mark (that's on the Mark Tremonti web-site), he felt it was Creed's best album.

Lullaby is okay, but it should have never been played in concert. With the exception of maybe one or two songs, I love all of Creed's music, even the lesser known TWIMC and ITTE.

Dogstar, I agree with you about WGMB. It gives me chills too - especially seeing it live. It's the song I remember the most for the concert.

More lyics doesn't mean the majority of the lyrics. Mark has only written one full song, unless you also want to count "Before I Die". And it doesn't matter if Mark says it's their best album. All artists hype up their albums. All I can recall is Scott Stapp saying that "Weathered" was Creed's most diverse album.

Trees of Wisdom 04-16-2004 04:35 PM

I think WGMB would give anyone chills and make you remember the most live and in concert, especially the people who attended the Chicago show. ;)

Shadow 04-16-2004 04:43 PM

Quote:

More lyics doesn't mean the majority of the lyrics. Mark has only written one full song, unless you also want to count "Before I Die". And it doesn't matter if Mark says it's their best album. All artists hype up their albums. All I can recall is Scott Stapp saying that "Weathered" was Creed's most diverse album.

Scott still did the majority, but Mark wrote part of MS and OLB was Marks - This info, per Michael, in an older post here One Last Breath - Mark had all the lyrics, music and vocal melodys done for that song. Scott kept Mark's lyrics and vocal melody's for the chorus and the bridge but rewrote the verses lyrically

I remember Stapp saying the same thing. You have to agree with that - look at Bullets and Freedom Fighter compared to Lullaby.

Trees of Wisdom 04-16-2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Scott still did the majority, but Mark wrote part of MS and OLB was Marks - This info, per Michael, in an older post here One Last Breath - Mark had all the lyrics, music and vocal melodys done for that song. Scott kept Mark's lyrics and vocal melody's for the chorus and the bridge but rewrote the verses lyrically

I remember Stapp saying the same thing. You have to agree with that - look at Bullets and Freedom Fighter compared to Lullaby.

Weathered would have been more awesome if it had more songs like "Bullets" and "Freedom Fighter".

Dogstar 04-16-2004 06:25 PM

Quote:

Weathered would have been more awesome if it had more songs like "Bullets" and "Freedom Fighter".

Or more songs like What If, Illusion, Sister...

RMadd 04-16-2004 10:40 PM

I'm too lazy to read every stinking post, but I'll comment on something I think I saw. I agree that Weathered was their worst album (not in the sense that it's terrible, but that it's the least of the 3). OLB, MS, SHWM, Hide, they're good songs... but the rest are nothing spectacular. For me, HC just barely beats out MOP, w/ Faceless Man, WAWO, Higher, and Inside Us All vs. WTLF, One, MOP, and Sister.