CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Submersed.com (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6262)

aussiecreeder 04-11-2004 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yeah, Wind Up's probably focusing everything on the Tremonti project...:mad:

ummm i guess so but they could still be in the studio recording or mixing. i really want this to come out, such a dearth of quality rock and roll out there. i think band's like "the new band" and Submersed are going to make tenor vocalists the new thing like baritones used to be the in thing and to some extent still are. i hope it doesn't become so cliched as Hugo Ferreria trying to sound like Scott Stapp, trying to sound like Scott Weiland, trying to sound like Eddie Vedder but its a possiblity. I don't think any of these guys are rip-offs but its a common misconception obviously.

Dogstar 04-11-2004 02:28 AM

LMAO, I hear ya on the vocalists :D....Still, it seems SubmerseD has been delayed and delayed. This seems to be a Wind Up pattern with the newer bands. It took Evanescence forever to get their stuff out. I think Wind Up gave them a year to get voice lessons and rework their stuff. I'm just getting impatient :D

aussiecreeder 04-11-2004 03:20 AM

Quote:

LMAO, I hear ya on the vocalists :D....Still, it seems SubmerseD has been delayed and delayed. This seems to be a Wind Up pattern with the newer bands. It took Evanescence forever to get their stuff out. I think Wind Up gave them a year to get voice lessons and rework their stuff. I'm just getting impatient :D

voice lessons? i wasen't aware of that i did know about getting "life experiences" however. The perils of a small label I guess.

Dogstar 04-11-2004 04:46 AM

Yeah, I read the stuff about the voice lessons in a magazine a while back...I'm not impressed with Amy's voice post-lessons, so God knows what it was like before them ;).

aussiecreeder 04-11-2004 08:09 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I read the stuff about the voice lessons in a magazine a while back...I'm not impressed with Amy's voice post-lessons, so God knows what it was like before them ;).

i personally think she has one of the better female voices in popular music, some of their stuff grabs me but i'm not their biggest fan. ben moody writing stuff for avril and the like what the?

Trees of Wisdom 04-11-2004 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
i personally think she has one of the better female voices in popular music, some of their stuff grabs me but i'm not their biggest fan. ben moody writing stuff for avril and the like what the?

The thing that gets me from liking Evanescence a lot is the fact that they use turntables.

Dogstar 04-11-2004 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
ben moody writing stuff for avril and the like what the?

Exactly, probably more label demands. Grrrrrr. Avril...ICK.

Trees of Wisdom 04-11-2004 07:39 PM

Quote:

Yeah, Wind Up's probably focusing everything on the Tremonti project...:mad:

I think so. Mark Tremonti's project has gone much quicker. It's been well over a year since Submersed entered the studio with Mark and Flip.

RMadd 04-11-2004 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
Four songs wouldn't be considered a "shitload".

unless of course it's, say, their first studio album, and they likely won't have many more than 12, so you'll know parts of 2/3 of the songs before the album even hits shelves

aussiecreeder 04-11-2004 09:04 PM

Quote:

Exactly, probably more label demands. Grrrrrr. Avril...ICK.

grrrr i hear here i think he's writing for kelly clarkson as well, i think we can safely call him a sell-out now. stuff i've read seems to point amy has a bit of an indie streak while ben is totally mainstream and likes to make as much money as possible. probably good thing he left........

Dogstar 04-11-2004 09:50 PM

LOL, handmedown...I still can't believe he's writing for Avril...Ewww, didn't know about the Clarkson thing...BLECH.

Bridge of Clay 04-11-2004 10:07 PM

c'mon... Avril is hot!!! And I gotta admit she has a few nice tunes, despite it's totally aimed at teens.

Anyway, Submersed got back to studio to record a few more songs. If it wasn't for that, their album would've been released by now. They're actually in studio, in Cali, with Linkin Park producer. I also think Michael mentioned on another board that's due to late june (or july?).

Dogstar 04-11-2004 10:11 PM

Avril may be hot but she can't sing worth a damn :D.

RMadd 04-11-2004 10:39 PM

avril's not hot.... she's okay... i find her particularly unattractive when she got on all that goth punk eye shadow crap

Trees of Wisdom 04-11-2004 10:59 PM

Quote:

Avril may be hot but she can't sing worth a damn :D.

I don't know much about vocal ability, but I think she can sing all right.