CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Annie's Story (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8356)

whitebird 01-09-2005 06:41 PM

I just got back from seeing the puppies, oh my gosh, they almost had to frisk me when I walked out the door. They were so cute, I could hardly stand it!!!

We took pictures and had them developed right away, but I'm never letting my husband take pictures again. He either stuck his finger in the top of the picture, or he cut my head off. Oh well, I guess it isn't about me, just the puppies.

As I said before, they are only 4 weeks old, but all have homes waiting to adopt them. There is even a waiting list of families, in case someone isn't able to adopt at the last minute.

They were really cute tucked into a basket that I brought.

Dogstar 01-09-2005 06:51 PM

Awww, what a great story, whitebird! I'm glad all are safe and sound and going to great homes. I wish I could have a dog, but I don't have a yard and it just wouldn't be fair to the dog. However, I just got two new kittens, whose mother was found wandering around in our parking garage at work. A colleague took her home and then to the vet, who told her the cat was pregnant. My cat of 16 years had died in March and when this woman told me about the cat, whom she named Jade, I was like, I'll take two if you have enough. Well, they were born in October and I got them a week ago. They are beautiful. Theo is black with a little white face and belly and paws, and Rose is gray with white paws and a white belly. They are loving their new digs :D.

whitebird 01-11-2005 05:52 AM

Kerri, I'm so excited for you!! I remember when you lost your dear little friend, wasn't her name Darryl? I was hoping that you would be able to accept another into your life. Now you have two new babies, that is really great!

Rescue babies, being adopted together, what a great story. I wish I could send you a baby gift.

Dogstar 01-12-2005 01:36 AM

Awwww, thank you, whitebird. That's amazing that you remembered Darryl. It took me awhile to get over losing her, but I finally did and felt that the time was right for some new babies, especially given the situation. The neatest thing is that they have started playing with some of Darryl's toys, which I had left on a bookshelf as a little memorial. They are alive again and I feel as if Darryl is watching over my two new kitties and having a go with them. :). And it's funny. One of them is a big-time lap cat, which Darryl was. You never know how their personalities will be and I'm so grateful that one of them likes to be close to me. The other one is coming around, but Theo is definitely a lap cat. It's as if Darryl knew just what I needed. :D

whitebird 01-12-2005 05:48 AM

It seems that when the time is right, these little stray babies come into our lives, as though they have been sent. Perhaps you are right, and Darryl is looking after you.

I believe my dog Mika, who died several years ago, looks after me too.

Good luck with your babies Kerri, and I would love to hear how they are doing, from time to time. Keep this going, and you can tell me stories.

Dogstar 01-12-2005 11:36 AM

Thanks, whitebird, and I will keep you updated.

whitebird 01-12-2005 03:00 PM

I was reading Annie's story to a group of children, when my eyes misted, over the beauty of the rescue, and I noticed that the children were misting up too. Children aren't afraid to show what they feel, they are true to their hearts.

I know that some people believe tears are a sign of weakness, but I believe happy tears are joy and love, leaking out of the windows of your soul.