CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Some Kind Of Monster (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6902)

goddess_bb 06-16-2004 09:58 PM

Some Kind Of Monster

Iwas reading my husband's Maxim today..(yes I do read it if only to know who my competition is in my hubby's dreams)...and it seems

Metallica is releasing a movie to theaters called "Some Kind of Monster" this month where the band namely Lars Ulrich and Kirk Hammett air their dirty laundry..

Okay so I am thrilled cause you all know that I am a HUGE METALLICA fan but Lars said something interesting....
"A film like this couldn't of existed 25 years ago, when rock was about mystery and mythification..."So what do you guys think has rock lost it's mystery and is this a good thing or bad...?????

hayley 06-17-2004 01:35 AM

I heard about that

Higher_Desire 06-17-2004 05:35 PM

Cool. Is it a TV movie, or in theaters? Metallica rocks.

H-D :pimp:

goddess_bb 06-18-2004 01:21 PM

In theatres!!! Yes Metallica RULES!!! Anyone besides me seen them live?? They are incrediable!!

Mulletman 06-22-2004 11:56 AM

I just saw this thread today. I got exited when I heard you reading Maxim. When I saw it was about Metallica... well yea.

Dogstar 06-22-2004 12:33 PM

I soooo can't wait for this movie! A month ago one, of the guitar mags had a DVD promo of it and it looks pretty cool. The reviews have been kind as well. I love Metallica. I saw them once last year and I'm going to two shows this year! As to your question, goddess_bb, I think that yes, rock is more in your face and upfront than it was a few decades ago. I think a lot of bands were into the occult and stuff and that lent itself to more of a mystical feel. Still, I like the honesty that some of the bands have shown over over the years, though I think that a lot of today's music is a little whiny. It's just evolution.

goddess_bb 06-23-2004 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulletman
I just saw this thread today. I got exited when I heard you reading Maxim. When I saw it was about Metallica... well yea.

LOL @ mullet as usual you make me laugh and then you say something that worries me...not a fan huh?? That is too bad...

Dogstar..always the voice of wisdom...Metallica is incrediable live, I never saw Creed..who was better??

I think you are right of the bands being more mysterious..they almost didn't seem human, I think that is why they were so misunderstood-called the devils music or accused of making kids commit suicide..you don't hear those things anymore like you did in say the mid 1980's..and amen so many bands today are such whinners they drive me batty..it takes ALOT for me to even be interested in a new band..I stick with the "REAL" stuff..Metallica, Zombie, System, Korn..etc..and yes let's not forget mood willing--Creed..

PS thanks guys for posting..people don't like my threads I think it's cause I ask them to think..oh well

The Lithium 06-24-2004 06:34 AM

I have just one thing to say:

"If I haven't had music in my life there's a good chance I could be dead... And... I'd much rater be alive!" - James Hetfield

creedsister 06-24-2004 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM

"If I haven't had music in my life there's a good chance I could be dead... And... I'd much rater be alive!" - James Hetfield

I Here Hetfiled, Loud And Clear, :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: its were i find my stregneth, ROCK ON !!!!! THE LITHIUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

goddess_bb 06-26-2004 04:27 PM

Quote:

wow..it's like I wrote that..thanks Lithium

Leader of Men 07-01-2004 01:14 AM

Metallica in a Maxim magazine.. doesn't get much better than that! :smokin:

The Lithium 07-01-2004 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
I Here Hetfiled, Loud And Clear, :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: its were i find my stregneth, ROCK ON !!!!! THE LITHIUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Damn, I most really be your big God, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by goddess_bb
wow..it's like I wrote that..thanks Lithium

Hahah, it's just a quote of him from the film! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leader of Men
Metallica in a Maxim magazine.. doesn't get much better than that! :smokin:

Heeey, Eric, have't seen you around here? How's things working out with Nickelback? :D

goddess_bb 07-01-2004 03:23 PM

Yea life is good with Metallica!! You've seen the movie Lith?? Cool it hasn't come out here yet not sure if it will..damn it!

Leader of Men 07-02-2004 08:48 PM

Quote:

Heeey, Eric, have't seen you around here? How's things working out with Nickelback? :D

Hey, things are going very well, thanks :D

I'm back for a while now, I seem to have more time in the summer.

Dogstar 07-06-2004 07:12 PM

Nice to see you, LOM!