CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Breaking Up? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6592)

Missing Pieces 05-13-2004 07:34 PM

Breaking Up?

Ok, I have a question I need answered. I post on the Seether message board all of the time, and I've heard more than one person mention on there that Creed has broken up, or at least will be. Is there any truth to this?

Dogstar 05-13-2004 07:45 PM

Welcome to the board, Missing Pieces. Not to be mean, but there have been countless threads posted here on the status of Creed if you'd just take the time to check them out. We really don't need more. Thanks.

Missing Pieces 05-13-2004 07:56 PM

I'm sorry I didn't feel like searching through all of that. Back to the Seether board ...

Dogstar 05-13-2004 07:59 PM

Well, others have done plenty of searching. That's what people do when they come to a message board. Have fun at the Seether board...

14Fuel 05-13-2004 08:09 PM

Missing Pieces.................warm welcome! :crest: :jam: To sum some things up just a little for ya, there has not been a "for sure" word on the break up. Mark, Scott P. and Brian all have formed a band with Myles Kennedy (lead singer of Mayfield Four and can also be seen at the end of the movie Rock Star - he gets pulled up on stage to finish the show when Izzy leaves) called Alter Bridge. Scott is doing the solo thing and is working on his acting career. None of us REALLY know if they're broke up for sure. Some say that Scott and Mark haven't talked in like 6 months. Yeah, there's been lot of talk in other threads but I know what it's like being new and searching through allllllllllll of them. But that's what it all kind of boils down too!

BTW - Nice to meetcha

-Sherri :D

RockGoddess 05-13-2004 08:20 PM

Thank you, Sherri. That was nice of you! :)

Agent D 05-13-2004 08:23 PM

Welcome Missing Pieces...let me say you're the first newbie I've seen in a long time with an original cool name. ;)

Missing Pieces 05-14-2004 02:09 AM

Thanks guys for the welcome, well most of you. I did search through some stuff before I posted this, but after awhile of not finding what I wanted....I mean, there are only 100's or 1000's of places to look. Oh, and thanks for the compliment on the name :D

velocityidp 05-14-2004 02:43 AM

There's not been any official announcement, but I really think Creed is finished. To have another band form with Stapp replaced and Marshal willingly rejoining is very significant. We all know the strife between Marsall and Creed over legal matters. Either Brian had a total change of heart, or the real reason Brian left was due to friction between him and Stapp.

Of course, this is all speculation, but I'd ask anyone else to make sense out of all this?

Echelon122 05-14-2004 04:43 AM

Quote:

There's not been any official announcement, but I really think Creed is finished.

I'm inclined to agree with that. Though I think it'd be a benifit to WU actually putting out a press release to that effect, part of me thinks they won't for fear of lost profits from the "Creed name". I think though, a relase to that effect would actually not hurt their "Creed" profits.

Down the road, as I've said before, I'd hope the guys could heal whatever their friendships, that on that level things could be mended, or even just start to be. If Creed's going to be finished forever, I'm glad they had the Philly NYE show to go out on.

Quote:

Of course, this is all speculation, but I'd ask anyone else to make sense out of all this?

I don't think 100% sense can be made out of it without the people themselves actually coming out and saying...and I don't see that happeneing, and I wouldn't ask that it would happen.

Quote:

We all know the strife between Marsall and Creed over legal matters. Either Brian had a total change of heart, or the real reason Brian left was due to friction between him and Stapp.
Probably some of both. I mean he did actually sue everyone...meaning not just "Creed" and the companies, but the individuals as well...so I think not only was there "change of heart" on Brian's part, but also on Mark and Flip's. But I think the real reasons are known to the people involved.

aussiecreeder 05-14-2004 05:06 AM

[quote=Echelon122]I'm inclined to agree with that. Though I think it'd be a benifit to WU actually putting out a press release to that effect, part of me thinks they won't for fear of lost profits from the "Creed name". I think though, a relase to that effect would actually not hurt their "Creed" profits.

Down the road, as I've said before, I'd hope the guys could heal whatever their friendships, that on that level things could be mended, or even just start to be. If Creed's going to be finished forever, I'm glad they had the Philly NYE show to go out on.

right on QOTSA recently broke up in quite messy fashion and Josh went on and they should be fine. If it is indeed the end Wind-Up should put a press release saying so and end the speculation. If there has been no break-up this speculation will continue forever or at least until they hit the studio again or play another show.

TeriB19 05-14-2004 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Welcome to the board, Missing Pieces. Not to be mean, but there have been countless threads posted here on the status of Creed if you'd just take the time to check them out. We really don't need more. Thanks.

I'd like to add my welcome as well, and I would have to agree with Dogstar here. When the news first started leaking out about the possible break up, about a gazillion threads were stared and all sorts of rumors and speculation were running rampant. There were more threads about this topic than any other subject.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missing Pieces
I'm sorry I didn't feel like searching through all of that

It wouldn't have taken that much effort. Sorry if I'm sounding like a bitch here.

Missing Pieces 05-14-2004 01:05 PM

I did search first. I just must have been looking in the wrong places....sorry.

stappaholic 05-17-2004 01:22 PM

It is true, look for an announcement soon.

GeeK_2004 05-17-2004 02:11 PM

why do newbies always wanna come here and try to ....hmmm....saythings that really doesnt needed to be said ?!?!?!

I :dunno::dunno::dunno: