CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Rename this board to "The Christianity Board" (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4448)

Lechium 09-23-2003 02:26 PM

Rename this board to "The Christianity Board"

Cuz people seem to associate spirituality with bible reading over here. Noone ever talk about other phylosophies and religions (cuz they're all "wrong" right?".
Sorta sad and boring.

Steve 09-23-2003 03:39 PM

I think the issue is that just about everyone here are Christians so when they discuss religious or spiritual topics, they talk out of their own beliefs.

This board is open to all religious and spiritual topics. It is not limited to Christianity.

Dogstar 09-23-2003 04:55 PM

If people are strong in their beliefs, they aren't likely to go researching other religions. I don't think they necessarily believe other faiths are wrong, they just don't have the information to discuss them. And Steve's right, it just happens to be that most of the people here are Christians.

Leader of Men 09-23-2003 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve
I think the issue is that just about everyone here are Christians so when they discuss religious or spiritual topics, they talk out of their own beliefs.

This board is open to all religious and spiritual topics. It is not limited to Christianity.

Nicely put.

Because Creed has some christian lyrics, they seem to draw a christian crowd

JulieCitySlicker 09-23-2003 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
If people are strong in their beliefs, they aren't likely to go researching other religions. I don't think they necessarily believe other faiths are wrong, they just don't have the information to discuss them. And Steve's right, it just happens to be that most of the people here are Christians.

You hit it right on the nose Dogstar:angel:

mel!ssa 09-23-2003 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
Noone ever talk about other phylosophies and religions.  Sorta sad and boring.

Well i don't see you talking about other philosophies. Anything you ever come up with is 'here's a site to prove Christianity is wrong'.

ZION1010 09-23-2003 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve

Im All For It...

bgivens33 09-24-2003 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar

That's the problem.

Aimee 09-24-2003 04:25 PM

:rolleyes:
Quote:

Well i don't see you talking about other philosophies.
You know what, Melissa, you're right. I hadn't thought about it before, but if you don't like that this is a Christian based board, then stop whining about it and put up more threads about other religions. Then, if no-one comes, ivite some other people you know to gather here. Geez. I hate it when people piss and moan instead of finding a solution!

JulieCitySlicker 09-24-2003 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bgivens33
That's the problem.

I see absolutely no problem with that;) :rolleyes: We have found the right thing for us, so why research and keep searching for others:confused:

bgivens33 09-24-2003 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
I see absolutely no problem with that;) :rolleyes: We have found the right thing for us, so why research and keep searching for others:confused:

Because researching other beliefs is the gateway to tolerance and increased wisdom. How do you plan on "saving" someone if you don't even know what they believe? Saying, "I don't even know what you believe, but I do know it's wrong" is being ignorant.

JulieCitySlicker 09-24-2003 07:20 PM

Ya:rolleyes: and you were knocking MrSeeker for name calling

Dogstar 09-24-2003 09:10 PM

Quote:

Because researching other beliefs is the gateway to tolerance and increased wisdom.  

Amen to that! Well said.

Lechium 09-25-2003 11:54 AM

Quote:

<b>Because researching other beliefs is the gateway to tolerance and increased wisdom. &nbsp;How do you plan on "saving" someone if you don't even know what they believe? &nbsp;Saying, "I don't even know what you believe, but I do know it's wrong" is being ignorant. </b>

heh you're so right.
believeing in absolute right and wrong (and thinking that you are absolytly right) makes people pretty reidiculus at times.
also imposing onto others "we will save you" a la missionaries... that's just silly

Torn Signs 09-25-2003 05:13 PM

anyone a wicca?
;)
I'm not but I know it is all about nature...you can tell me more...

Peace out ;)