CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed: The Resurrection (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12832)

Dark_Knight 11-04-2009 04:31 PM

Creed: The Resurrection

New interview with Scott:

http://www.exploremusic.com/intervie...e-Resurrection

TheGreatDivide 11-04-2009 05:32 PM

Re: Creed: The Resurrection

at least he admits what kinda of a person he was

meeceek 11-04-2009 06:48 PM

Great interview! Thanks for putting it up. Lots of interesting stuff there, especially toward the end.

00iceman 11-05-2009 10:40 AM

Excellent interview. This is definitely a new Scott Stapp. I have a new appreciation for several tracks on the album. Thanks for posting!

Icedmofo 11-05-2009 05:04 PM

I must say that my jaw hit the ground with some of the stuff about his singing technique.

He thinks he has a better range than he's ever had

He thinks he's a better singer than he was

He thinks screaming all the time is better for your voice than singing powerfully

I just don't get how he can be so oblivious to what he sounds like.

Other than that i loved the interview.

My Sacrifice 11-05-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icedmofo
I must say that my jaw hit the ground with some of the stuff about his singing technique.

He thinks screaming all the time is better for your voice than singing powerfully

Haha. My thoughts exactly . I can't understand how he has better range now. He is my favorite vocalist, but the voice is not better than it used to be.

lmaiello 11-05-2009 07:46 PM

Can someone post this interview up on YouTube?

TrulyAmazing 11-05-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmaiello
Can someone post this interview up on YouTube?

:laugh: need not worry im for sure it will up over there shortly it dont take youtube long Thanks For Posting The Interview Guys :rockon:

Chase 11-05-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icedmofo

He pretty much admits that he holds back and refuses to sing like he used to, for fear of the health problems that will come from it. I would hope that he knows that he doesn't sound good live, as a result of this new way of "singing."

Tremontiriffs77 11-06-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
He pretty much admits that he holds back and refuses to sing like he used to, for fear of the health problems that will come from it. I would hope that he knows that he doesn't sound good live, as a result of this new way of "singing."

-Creed sounding great on a cd and average live is fine as Id rather see them stick around and not have to call it quits if Stapp damages his voice causing the nodules that form on his vocal cords.. I cant say I really blame him..I think that is why they only chose to perform certain songs on this tour..It was a way of keepin him from destroying his voice..I still think he would sound fantastic again if he quit smoking..Im sure that has alot to do with it..But the man did give up drugs and drinking..so I guess its a goo tradeoff for now..

josha31042 11-07-2009 12:33 AM

Actually....screaming all the time is better for your voice than going through your whole range.......but, that was pretty much all he was right about.

Anyway.
He did sound great on this cd. But its still nothing when compared to their other cd's.

Icedmofo 11-07-2009 02:31 PM

If you are singing properly through your whole range, then no, it is not healthier to scream all the time.

The damage to your vocal chords is far greater from screaming than by singing properly anywhere else in your range.

If you are singing improperly, it's pretty much even, you're going to wear out your voice either way.

Mr. Prophet Man 11-07-2009 03:05 PM

I think this is the first time ever that he verbally recognized Alter Bridge.

lmaiello 11-07-2009 03:58 PM

HaS this been posted on YouTube yet? I am dying to see it!!

TheGreatDivide 11-07-2009 05:00 PM

yeah that surprised me to mentioning Alter Bridge