CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The interviews of AB and Stapp (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9759)

The Lithium 10-15-2005 04:36 AM

The interviews of AB and Stapp

Isn't it sad and a bit of ironic that when someone interviews AB about Stapp you always hear; "Scott Stapp is a jerk anyway, go AB!!". And when you hear somene intervewing Stapp you always get: "Well, they suck, they just don't sell any records". - (Hello, the album did go gold, jack-ass! And people just don't buy records anymore... They download 'em!)

rabidgopher04 10-15-2005 10:53 AM

Yep. Simply amazing.

RMadd 10-15-2005 12:58 PM

yes it's amazing.
you know what's also amazing Lith? your obvious bias against Stapp. i find it odd you made an editorial comment of sorts when mentioning Stapp's discussion of AB. and yet you said nothing with regard to the stuff AB's been saying about Stapp. In my mind, it's really immature of all 4 of them (incidentally, I haven't heard much from Mr. Marshall, who had the most significant run-in w/ Stapp prior to the events leading up to the band's dissolution). IMO Stapp, Tru, and Flip all need to grow up. At the risk of sounding too kitschy, why can't we all just get along?

bobben 10-15-2005 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Hello, the album did go gold, jack-ass! And people just don't buy records anymore... They download 'em!

Gold is not very good! At least not compared to their previous achivements. If they ever reach platinum then it good! And how long did it take to get there?! 6 months or so!?

And...to state that the recordbuying community are still in form: Of U2's 14-15 albums, their latest have sold the most, and that's in these "downloading times"! :cool:

Dogstar 10-15-2005 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
IMO Stapp, Tru, and Flip all need to grow up.

LOL, but they're rock stars. By definition, (at least in my mind) they are immature to begin with :D

Ok, back to the topic. I think they all need to stfu about one another and let the music do the talking :D.

Bridge of Clay 10-15-2005 06:05 PM

Actually, Brian was the only one who actually dissed Stapp: "he's a pathological fucking liar" while Stapp called Mark "a fucking asshole".

And about growing up... AB stories about Stapp are the same from day one while Stapp changed his version about what happened 3 or 4 times in less than a month of interviews...

so what was your point?

titan9 10-15-2005 08:36 PM

I agree, Dogstar, they need to just shut up already. The past is just that, the past. What's done is done. Instead of digging everything up again in interview after interview, they oughta just brush aside the questions(about Creed) and only talk about their present stuff. Name-calling(on both sides) does no good.

jmhonline 10-15-2005 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
Actually, Brian was the only one who actually dissed Stapp: "he's a pathological fucking liar" while Stapp called Mark "a fucking asshole".
so what was your point?

Either you haven't read many of ab interviews, or you have a very narrow definition of diss. Maybe you have your own definition. Everyone but myles has "dissed" stapp.

titan9 10-15-2005 08:54 PM

Well, I guess it kinda depends on how you interpret the interviews. I mean, Mark nor Flip have ever flat out called Stapp a name(like Brian has), but they have insinuated things about Stapp that could be taken as bashing, depending on how you view the comments.

Dogstar 10-15-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I agree, Dogstar, they need to just shut up already. The past is just that, the past. What's done is done. Instead of digging everything up again in interview after interview, they oughta just brush aside the questions(about Creed) and only talk about their present stuff. Name-calling(on both sides) does no good.

I agree. They've both made their points. It's time to move on -- for both sides.

geletmote 10-15-2005 09:40 PM

Look IMO, all of you guys miss creed.. and u just know it, even u alter bridge fans... U miss creed,simple.. dont worry about all these arguments and bullcrap, u jsut want them together again and you know its going to be really hard to make that happen, so now u live on in the words of a song you're a melody.

PS: AB's music is good but a perfect example would be adidas (3 stripes) which was creed and now CHEAP 2 stripes which is ALTER BRIDGE.. its jsut not happening.

peter g

Chase 10-16-2005 02:57 AM

Quote:

And about growing up... AB stories about Stapp are the same from day one while Stapp changed his version about what happened 3 or 4 times in less than a month of interviews...

so what was your point?

Stapp hasn't changed his story regarding the medication and steroids he was taking because of the pressures to continue the Weathered Tour.

The Lithium 10-16-2005 06:12 AM

Damn, this will be a clever post! :D Check it out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
your obvious bias against Stapp. i find it odd you made an editorial comment of sorts when mentioning Stapp's discussion of AB.

Why do you think you know me so well? You don't! Cut it out! I think Scott has been a jerk from time to time, but I still like his music.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobben
Gold is not very good! At least not compared to their previous achivements. If they ever reach platinum then it good! And how long did it take to get there?! 6 months or so!?

First gold was 50,000 records. Then they changed it to 30,000 records. Now they're gonna change it again to 20,000 records. A few years ago every record company had about 80 employeeds, now they have around 20. And they have to collaborate to survive. Why? 'Cause no one buys CDs anymore! They download 'em! If you check ABs downloads on the internet VERY many have downloaded ODR! I checked the BitTorrent sites www.ThePriateBay.org and www.isoHunt.com. And you know what I found out? Only on those two sites 24520 people have downloaded ODR!!! (Illegaly). And that was from TWO sites!! If you count in all the other BT-sites, (which is A LOT), plus P2P-programs like DC++, Kazaa, LimeWire, etc... You can easly figure out that more people have downloaded their stuff instead of buying it! And people burrow CDs from their friends and burn 'em etc, etc... Of course that is a factor why they don't sell as much as Creed did!

Quote:

Yeah, I agree 100%

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmhonline
Either you haven't read many of ab interviews, or you have a very narrow definition of diss. Maybe you have your own definition. Everyone but myles has "dissed" stapp.

You're way out of line, man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
Stapp hasn't changed his story regarding the medication and steroids he was taking because of the pressures to continue the Weathered Tour.

Things he said last year:
-"Creed is getting back together"
-"I'm sure another Creed record will be out down the road"
-"Mark is uncle Mark to my baby boy, I don't see why this break up would end a friendship"

Things he has said this year:
-"I was Creed, I wrote all the Creed songs"
-"Creed was over after Human Clay. It says in the lyrics on Weathered that this is the last album that I'm making with these guys"
-"My so-called friends"
-"Mark is a fucking asshole"

Do you deny that he has changed his stories?

geletmote 10-16-2005 09:53 AM

Hey Lithium were does it say in the lyrics on Weathered that this is the last album that I'm making with these guys" ???

The Lithium 10-16-2005 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geletmote
Hey Lithium were does it say in the lyrics on Weathered that this is the last album that I'm making with these guys" ???

Don't ask me, ask Stapp! He said it. I was just quoting him.