CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What other bands do Alter Bridge fans listen to? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10214)

RMadd 12-21-2005 10:13 PM

Re: What other bands do Alter Bridge fans listen to?

The only whole album I can really listen to by PJ is Ten, their first. Seems like I only like one or two songs off of each of the rest of their albums, but there's no way I could sit down & actually listen to any other straight through.

guitardude1985 12-21-2005 10:26 PM

I found it took repeated listening to the albums after VS to really get into them.

Soundslave 12-21-2005 10:37 PM

Ahh lets see...Soungarden, Audioslave, Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Mayfield Four, and Alter Bridge I listen to quite a bit. I'm just getting into Queensryche and I listen to Tantric and Default every once in a while.

Lately I've been enjoying some softer stuff like Coldplay, Jeff Buckley, and Damien Rice.

Ana4Stapp 12-21-2005 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Mayfield 4, Foo Fighters, Audioslave are really the only modern rock bands I enjoy.

Same here..cause they are definitely the bands I listen to the most!;)

uncertaindrumer 12-22-2005 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattr652
Ahh lets see...Soungarden, Audioslave, Led Zeppelin, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Mayfield Four, and Alter Bridge I listen to quite a bit. I'm just getting into Queensryche and I listen to Tantric and Default every once in a while.

Lately I've been enjoying some softer stuff like Coldplay, Jeff Buckley, and Damien Rice.

Wow... besides Coldplay, great taste, lol!

Dogstar 12-22-2005 12:09 PM

I listen to a lot of stuff, but here's what I've been into of late:

Nine Inch Nails, Led Zeppelin, Tool, Alice In Chains/Jerry Cantrell, A Perfect Circle, Pearl Jam, U2, Springsteen, Soundgarden, Audioslave, Floater (these guys own my ass), The Black Keys, Black Label Society, Metallica, Creed, Mayfield Four, Black Market Radio, Dark New Day, Queens of the Stone Age, Kyuss, Jeff Buckley, Sleater-Kinney, Foo Fighters, Neil Young, Gov't Mule, Radiohead, Coldplay, Rage Against the Machine, Dust For Life...the list goes one :D

uncertaindrumer 12-22-2005 03:37 PM

A couple I forgot about earlier are Metallica and Tool and Radiohead.

Dogstar 12-22-2005 05:37 PM

I forgot Opeth, too :D

RMadd 12-22-2005 07:03 PM

I've been listening to some Genesis & Peter Gabriel lately as well.

Said Eyes 12-25-2005 05:59 PM

I'm afraid I'm going to out myself as someone who hates the generic modern rock music you folk are all raving about (Submersed, Sevendust, Dark New Day, 3 Doors Down etc), but I really can't stand it.

Bands I'm currently in love with:

The Arcade Fire
Sufjan Stevens
The Shins
John Mayer Trio
The Mars Volta
Elliott Smith
Jeff Buckley

And awesome bands in a second tier of liking, if you will:

Muse
Radiohead
Our Lady Peace
Doves
The Mess Hall
The Polyphonic Spree
Architecture in Helsinki
Black Mountain.

And when my only Christmas gifts were a record player and my dad's old collection, well, theres a whole lot of awesomeness in there it's unbelievable. Rolling Stones, Beatles, Santana, Zepellin, Pink Floyd, Tim Buckley, Queen, Bob Dylan, the Boss...

Dogstar 12-27-2005 06:49 PM

I'm curious about Black Mountain, Said Eyes. What are they like? Any recommendations for me song-wise? Thanks in advance :D.

uncertaindrumer 12-27-2005 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Said Eyes
I'm afraid I'm going to out myself as someone who hates the generic modern rock music you folk are all raving about (Submersed, Sevendust, Dark New Day, 3 Doors Down etc), but I really can't stand it.

You're smart. It sucks. lol

Quote:

Bands I'm currently in love with:

The Arcade Fire
Sufjan Stevens
The Shins
John Mayer Trio
The Mars Volta
Elliott Smith
Jeff Buckley

And awesome bands in a second tier of liking, if you will:

Muse
Radiohead
Our Lady Peace
Doves
The Mess Hall
The Polyphonic Spree
Architecture in Helsinki
Black Mountain.

And when my only Christmas gifts were a record player and my dad's old collection, well, theres a whole lot of awesomeness in there it's unbelievable. Rolling Stones, Beatles, Santana, Zepellin, Pink Floyd, Tim Buckley, Queen, Bob Dylan, the Boss...

Besides some of the bands I have never heard, and Our Lady Peace (who I hate), very nice taste. Although the classic rock is of course on top of my list.

Said Eyes 12-27-2005 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
You're smart. It sucks. lol

Shhhh! They have ears everywhere! Even in the trees...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I'm curious about Black Mountain, Said Eyes. What are they like? Any recommendations for me song-wise? Thanks in advance :D.

This sums it up. (White Light/White heat is a Velvet Underground record for those not in the know)
Quote:

Originally Posted by allmusic.com review
"Modern Music" and "No Satisfaction" rock a White Light/White Heat tumble that's nevertheless well done, particularly on the former, which features some spectacular sax assistance from Vancouver area player Masa Anzai. The remainder of Black Mountain positions stoner rock chording over swirling vintage keys and the ever-impressive vocals of McBean and Webber.

Dogstar 12-27-2005 09:44 PM

Cool. Sounds like something I'd like. Thanks, Said Eyes!