CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Some information on Hillaree Stapp.... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=759)

tremontigirltpa 12-05-2002 05:57 PM

Some information on Hillaree Stapp....

A friend of mine told me some information about Hillaree since this whole arrest thing. He sent me to this website that has public record information. I don't know if anyone knows this but she tried to kill herself back in May of 1999. That is why Scott has full custody- I hope this link works for people to view. It was in public records. This may be old news - but I just heard about it. This is so sad. I hope that she gets help and does what is best for their son.

http://image.clerk.leon.fl.us/official_rec...c=&generate=yes

hotforscott 12-05-2002 06:23 PM

very interesting. i was wondering what the psycological exams were for and now this clears things up. thanks for the post.

souldancer 12-05-2002 07:57 PM

I have to say this and I know most will not agree, but I just find it scary, when people can get hold of records so easily. As long as someone isn't hurting anyone else (and this may or may not be the case here, we don't know) - Keep Big Brother away and leave people's private lives alone! .. we can be seduced into juicy gossip so easily these days ... OK, Grinchdancer is getting off her soap box now

hotforscott 12-05-2002 08:02 PM

it's is scary, i guess there is just a lot of gossip going around, all the time, i wouldn't want something like that made public about me, yet i do get interested in reading it about other people. i guess that is one of my flaws. i don't think anyone will disagree, what you are saying is only the truth.

tremontigirltpa 12-05-2002 08:15 PM

I agree and I understand what you mean about how easy it is to get public records- that is scary - people can get it on anyone at anytime.

I personally don't plan on hurting anyone with this information - I just was given this information and decided to share. Whatever someone decides to do with the information is their choice.

I however just think that this will help make people understand the situation better and maybe give Hillaree some slack - she obviously has serious mental issues - which sometimes people cant control, even if they want to, unless they get help and hopefully they can make it through. I was raised with a parent that was mental and actually had attempted suicide 3 times. I am in no way trying to create a problem out of this information but just help people see it from a different light.

Dogstar 12-05-2002 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
I have to say this and I know most will not agree, but I just find it scary, when people can get hold of records so easily.  As long as someone isn't hurting anyone else (and this may or may not be the case here, we don't know) - Keep Big Brother away and leave people's private lives alone!  .. we can be seduced into juicy gossip so easily these days ...    OK, Grinchdancer is getting off her soap box now

Grinchdancer...that's cute. I like that...

This is one of the disadvantages of an open government by the people and for the people. This took place in a public setting, a courthouse, and as such it is public domain and thus available for the public to see. It's the same with records regarding taxes, school budgets, and salaries of state, federal or municipal employees. Our tax dollars fund these branches and services, so as a taxpayer, if I want to see what John Q paid in taxes last year, I am permitted. It's what is done with the information that can be damaging. In some cases, issues involving children are kept private even in the public domain. Each state has different laws regarding those issues.
As flawed as this system may be, I would rather err toward open government than dictatorial. In some small way it makes the people who run the branches and services we fund a little bit accountable to us. Just MHO

Ok, I'm stepping off my soapbox as well ;) .

I didn't know about this, tremontigirltpa, and it does indeed put things in a different light. She does have some serious issues and problems to overcome. Not that it excuses her using violence to solve them, but it nonetheless highlights just how troubled she has been.

tremontigirltpa 12-05-2002 08:55 PM

Exactly - it doesn't justify her actions - but gives us an understanding of what she may be going through and also may help us be more supportive (as if we are not already) to Scott. I can't imagine what he has gone through trying to protect his son as well as watching a woman that I'm sure he still cares about and was in love with at one point , fall apart the way she is. I know it was difficult for my father when my mother did what she did.

John 3:16 12-05-2002 09:27 PM

May I just say that this breaks my heart for the whole Stapp family and more importantly Jagger. This family desperately needs our prayers and I know that I will keep Hil in my prayers as she really needs them to restore her soul so that she can offer Scott and Jagger her best. My God, what this family has had to endure.

John

Dogstar 12-05-2002 09:29 PM

Amen, John 3:16...nice to see ya back.:)

souldancer 12-06-2002 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
I would rather err toward open government than dictatorial. In some small way it makes the people who run the branches and services we fund a little bit accountable to us.

Depends who the dictator is! J/K!!! Very eloquent DS..you should be a speechwriter! Yeah, an open government allows us to see the dark side and keeps those elected/appointed on their toes - thank goodness for auditors! (I think I am just too cynical from having worked for special districts and living in this state capitol)
And, Termontigirl, I think it's great that you wanted to share a broader picture of a complex issue. I didn;t read the article earlier and can;t access it now, but I just have problems (more cynicism) about 'information' - I guess it's a 'trust' issue I need to work out. What is the source? What is their intention? It's sad when complicated issues are broken down into short headlines and sound bytes. And psychologists can differ in their diagnoses and treatments. I still haven't resolved OJ Simpson and Anita Hill's cases!
I appreciate John's message of compassion for all involved! Thanks - John. Sometimes the catchy details and incidents oveshadow the reality that these are people's lives.

Weathered 12-06-2002 09:05 AM

this link didnt work for me

tremontigirltpa 12-06-2002 09:28 AM

The link takes a minute to load and you also have to have Acrobat on your computer because it is a .pdf file... here is the link again.....

http://image.clerk.leon.fl.us/official_rec...c=&generate=yes

shunammite 12-06-2002 09:59 AM

I am sure Hillaree is very troubled, but suicide attempts can also be attempts to manipulate things and get your way. However that doesn't mean she doesn't feel at the end of her rope. But it doesn't mean...well I don't know what it means.

I think Stapp's art should come first, but I know he can't ignore the people in his life. And he's human, he can't be "mature" all the time either, with so much stress and no one who really appreciates the pressures he is under.

No one really understands the pressures ANYONE else is under.

But we can try.

This is a wonderful site, my first post here, now I know where the real fans hang out, I have spent time at two other sites, it is good fellowship and Creed info, but a lot of negativity also.
God knows they have enough negativity without "fans" giving them more.

TeriB19 12-06-2002 10:30 AM

<i>God knows they have enough negativity without "fans" giving them more.</i>

Truer words were never posted! Shunammite, you have come to the right place. We all have our disagreements at one time or another, but this is the best site on the 'net for true Creed fans. Not as much negativity here. Lots of positive feelings toward the band and toward each other.

Dogstar 12-06-2002 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by souldancer
I guess it's a 'trust' issue I need to work out. What is the source? What is their intention? &nbsp;It's sad when complicated issues are broken down into short headlines and sound bytes. &nbsp;And psychologists can differ in their diagnoses and treatments.

That's true, it's how the information is used/intended that can upset people. That information wouldn't see the light of day if Scott weren't in the public eye. And because our nation has an attention span of about three seconds, sound bytes are all most can handle. No one wants to seem to dig deeper for the full story. That's what irritates me about the media, and I'm a member of it.