CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Creed made Stapp? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10579)

revisfoot 02-01-2007 11:19 PM

Re: Creed made Stapp?

Honestly, had Creed put out a fourth record, it wouldn't have sold much anyways, because by 2005, that wasn't the "in" sound anymore. Now, it's the indie thing. I just think Creed were going down-hill from Weathered. It was over. There was nothing they could do to fix it, either (well, they could have put out a Taking Back Sunday-style record, but...). I mean, Stapp held on to the Creed sound, and it didn't get much play. Alter Bridge didn't make it either. However, if AB can go more Sevendust-style on this next record, they'll save face. But, Stapp, he's done.

J.T. 02-02-2007 07:27 AM

Uh....no hes not...his record did better than AB's. Shutup and dont say things you know nothing about. Hes far from done.

titan9 02-02-2007 09:55 AM

Honestly, I disagree about the fourth Creed album. Nickelback has had the same sound for 5+ years now and they're still huge on pop radio. What makes Creed different?

Regarding Stapp's career being dead: it depends on what he does with the new album and how willing people are to give him a chance. I believe he still has it in him to be a popular solo artist, but it all depends on radio play.

eusebioCBR 02-02-2007 10:34 AM

Scott has done too much damage to his own reputation.

J-Man 02-02-2007 01:03 PM

May I remind you JT that Stapp couldn't sell concert tickets when he went on his own. The tickets were given out for free, and worse they were just sitting outside the concert door entrance for anyone who wanted them. So do I think Stapp's career took a tumble? Absolutely.

J.T. 02-02-2007 02:56 PM

Still did better than AB.

J-Man 02-02-2007 03:26 PM

No doubt about it, you are definitely a Stapp fan and it shows.

Robin101 02-02-2007 03:42 PM

Is this what happens when Stapp doesn't do something controversial for awhile? We have to revisit old threads? :D

Creed made Stapp...Stapp made Creed. I don't think there's any concrete evidence to support either view. Stapp was the principal songwriter and had one of the most established voices in the business. The Great Divide, however, was proof that he's not quite as effective without Tremonti (and vice-versa). Gone Blind are a very talented band but are Rincon, Curry, Burman and Archer as talented as Tremonti, Marshall and Phillips? I don't think so. In my opinion, Stapp's contributions were the difference between Creed being just another fish in an overcrowded pond and, inevitably, becoming the biggest.

A fourth Creed album would have debuted at #1 and been a huge hit. Weathered went straght to #1 and remained there for eight weeks - a record they share with The Beatles. Not bad for a band on the decline!

Stapp's well documented private life and general mixed reviews of his album were the major reasons behind the rather indifferent start to his solo career. The album, although a solid, if unspectacular effort, seemed lacking in inspiration and, at times, rushed. It was almost as if he was competing with someone...

An inspired Stapp will deliver an outstanding second album. A problem-free Stapp will shift millions of albums and (re)gain the respect of the music industry.

J.T. 02-02-2007 06:07 PM

Yeah, I am a Stapp fan. But I shouldnt have been such a jerk about it. sorry. I just get going when I'm arguing with someone.

titan9 02-02-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eusebioCBR
Scott has done too much damage to his own reputation.

So have lots of other artists. I think people just clamp down on Scott too tight because of his Christian beliefs. And I think if the radio and other people were willing to give the solo stuff a shot, Scott would do a lot better.

J.T. 02-03-2007 01:20 AM

Yeah I hate that. Plenty of other artists do retarded things. But they have a huge thing against Scott because hes a christian. Ugh. X|

eusebioCBR 02-03-2007 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
So have lots of other artists. I think people just clamp down on Scott too tight because of his Christian beliefs. And I think if the radio and other people were willing to give the solo stuff a shot, Scott would do a lot better.

Oh, it's everybody else. When will I learn?:rolleyes:

titan9 02-03-2007 11:58 AM

Oh, I won't deny that Scott has done a lot of stupid things. But so has Scott Weiland and many other "rockstars". And yet they're still given more chances. That's my point. I think people have a double-standard.

eusebioCBR 02-03-2007 01:10 PM

I would say it's a hunger for,"the mighty has fallen". when anybody's rise to fame is so fast and towering there will always be somebody there to take joy when they stumble. It's unfortunate but Scott has given the negative people plenty to work with.

titan9 02-03-2007 06:15 PM

Yeah, that's true. But like I said, I don't think his career is over yet. Or at least I hope it's not. I still feel like he has something good to contribute to the music world.