CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tell Us How MOP Rocks (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8892)

NeedforCreed 03-31-2005 08:44 PM

Tell Us How MOP Rocks

Guess you can tell, I am a huge MOP fan. Post here if you think it rocks.

burnie022 03-31-2005 11:29 PM

yeah that album rocks. it has Torn, MOP, Pity For A Dime, What's This Life For, One, which are my favorites, and that's half the album right there. the rest kick ass too. that's an awesome album with awesome lyrics and music.

revisfoot 04-01-2005 02:30 AM

The music on MOP is SO heavy at times. Unforgiven, anyone?

And, then, it's so mellow, so soft, yet so brooding.

100% awestastic!

Bridge of Clay 04-01-2005 07:45 AM

I like HC and Weathered better.

The Lithium 04-01-2005 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
I like HC and Weathered better.

Yeah, I agree!

titan9 04-01-2005 11:39 AM

MOP is definitely my favorite Creed album.(but I love the other albums as well) You've got the two best Creed tracks(in my opinion, anyway) in "One" and "My Own Prison" and you've got a slew of other great tracks like "Pity for a Dime", "Illusion" and "What's This Life For". It seems like every track on MOP is sheer, utter brillance. The whole album is just great music. I can never get tired of MOP.

shiver 04-02-2005 10:21 PM

MOP was the best. It was made by starving artists, guys who, at the time, were getting along, and showcases each members talents. The other two became too pop, too commercial, less rock. It's funny because I got MOP and HC about two months apart, and it took me three years to really realize how great MOP was. I can listen to every song on that album and never skip, but the other two I skip tracks every-once-in-a-while. Basically, if I could only own one Creed album, it would be MOP.

RMadd 04-02-2005 11:41 PM

for me, it's my 2nd favorite album, behind HC (largely for sentimental value of the sophomore effort), but far superior to Weathered

Ana4Stapp 04-03-2005 04:59 PM

Actually MOP is my favorite Creed album, 'cause it has awesome songs (music & lyrics).
Torn, MOP, WTLF, Ode, Pity for a Dime are great and of course ,Unforgiven (my fav. MOP song) really rocks... ;)

Ana4Stapp 04-03-2005 05:04 PM

Of course I 'm listening to MOP right now

uncertaindrumer 04-04-2005 12:00 PM

MOP was by far Creed's best album. It was the only one that was even semi-original, it was the one with the best musicianship by far (what on Earth happened to Flip's drumming skills between MOP and HC? Did he just FORGET how to play drums?), it has less annoying lyrics, the vocals are better... It's just better.

Tremonti seemed to have either been pressured into making bland radio friendly songs on the later albums or he decided to do it on his own... although that doesn't make much sense due to recent events. Either way, HC and Weathered just don't stack up with MOP.

Unforgiven is just genius, Pity for a Dime's solo as well. The only songs I DON'T like on the album are the title track (whiny annoying song indicative of later Creed singles) and One (even if I liked the instrumentation, I simply CANNOT listen to a song with lyrics that bad).

titan9 04-04-2005 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Unforgiven is just genius, Pity for a Dime's solo as well. The only songs I DON'T like on the album are the title track (whiny annoying song indicative of later Creed singles) and One (even if I liked the instrumentation, I simply CANNOT listen to a song with lyrics that bad).

Lol, those aren't going to be popular words around here. ;) I will agree with you on Pity For a Dime's solo being awesome, though. And I'll also agree with you on MOP being the best Creed album.

Ana4Stapp 04-04-2005 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
MOP was by far Creed's best album.

Unforgiven is one of the best (the better one in MOP, indeed) Creed songs, cause both, lyrics and music are really good;) Unforgiven really rocks...and yeah, MOP is the Creed's best album.

By the way, did you see Unforgiven (never asked question!)live in Viva Overdrive ???? It's awesome! ;) and Flip's work is just terrific...

uncertaindrumer 04-04-2005 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
Unforgiven is one of the best (the better one in MOP, indeed) Creed songs, cause both, lyrics and music are really good;) Unforgiven really rocks...and yeah, MOP is the Creed's best album.

By the way, did you see Unforgiven (never asked question!)live in Viva Overdrive ???? It's awesome! ;) and Flip's work is just terrific...

No, where can I get that?

uncertaindrumer 04-04-2005 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Lol, those aren't going to be popular words around here. ;) I will agree with you on Pity For a Dime's solo being awesome, though. And I'll also agree with you on MOP being the best Creed album.

I'm already not very popular on these boards, but I didn't think insulting One's lyrics would be damning... I mean, what on earth could anyone like about those lyrics is beyond me. But to each his own, lol