CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Daily Bread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7750)

HeavenBesideYou 10-20-2004 11:08 PM

Daily Bread

October 20th

"Self control"

We exercise self-control by watching what we say. How often we wish we could call back words as soon as they have left our mouth!

Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

Ephesians 4:29

Heaven

:pimp:

HeavenBesideYou 10-21-2004 07:21 AM

Daily Bread

October 21st

"I do want to do your will."

Too many of us are paranoid about the word law and find it hard to hear a scripture like this. But we must recognize that the goal of the New Covenant of grace and Spirit is that God's law is written on our hearts, not on tablets of stone. Jeremiah prophesied of such a day. The focus, desiring to do God's will, a passion to love the things our Father loves and despise the things he despises.

I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.

Psalm 40:8

Heaven

creedsister 10-21-2004 01:19 PM

:jam: :jam: :jam:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou
October 20th

"Self control"

We exercise self-control by watching what we say. How often we wish we could call back words as soon as they have left our mouth!

Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

Ephesians 4:29 I do but the best advice i could give on that matter nobody is above it how hard you try and try It sometimes Slips im faced with ordeals that would make the pope :cuss: And i feel Bad About It But I Know That Jesus Loves Me And He Understands Im Not Making Excues By No Means But Sometimes You Can Foucus On Your False It Does You No Good Just Shake It And Carry On And Get Back To What Matters SERVING JESUS Amen!!!

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-22-2004 07:26 AM

Daily Bread

October 22nd

"Carry each other's burdens."

I feel so burdened myself, that sometimes I can't even see others' burdens. But Jesus reminds me that if I am to be like him, I will be a burden carrier. This is why he came, why he died, and why his resurrection is so important -- to lift from us the burdens of sin, death, and depravity.

Carry each other's burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Galatians 6:2

Heaven

Ann Allusion 10-22-2004 10:27 AM

as *always*...any burden becomes more balanced with a little help from others... :D

excellent reminder, heaven... :)

creedsister 10-22-2004 12:00 PM

Oh boy yes we can feel our brothers and sisters burdens if he lives with in us We Know Excaltey Who to pray for and sometimes We dont why when God Takes My Burdens Time And Time Again HE WILL SHOW ME ANOTHER Who Needs Him The Lord Knows The Need He Knows And If You Know Him You Will Know One Faith One Lord One Babtism The Lord Knows All The Prayers Of His Children PRAISE JESUS :jam: :jam: Blessings

HeavenBesideYou 10-23-2004 07:32 AM

Daily Bread

October 23rd

"Give me words of direction for the confused."

Knowing the right word at the right time is a great gift. But even the best of speakers has to admit that the best of his or her words are not nearly as good as those the Spirit gives. Nevertheless, we must not excuse ourselves of insensitive speech, unkindness, or even missed opportunities because we were not paying attention to what was said, were not spiritually in tune with the needs of our companions, or simply did not know Scripture well enough to bless others with gracious speech at the appropriate time.

A man finds joy in giving an apt reply, and how good is a timely word!

Proverbs 15:23

Heaven

Ann Allusion 10-23-2004 11:42 AM

Quote:

A man finds joy in giving an apt reply, and how good is a timely word!
Proverbs 15:23

nicely put, heaven....

creedsister 10-23-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
nicely put, heaven....

How Good is it THE WORDS OF THE PURE ARE PLEASANT :)

HeavenBesideYou 10-24-2004 07:37 AM

Daily Bread

October 24th

"Obeying God brings great joy."

From the six-year-old who leaves her game because her mother has called her in for supper to the business executive who pays his taxes on time, we all live in a web of relationships dependent upon obedience to authority. Like a loving parent, God sets standards for our good and to protect us from evil and harm. Even though God's command is sometimes difficult, or doesn't make sense from our human perspective, obedience will always bring blessing, joy and peace.

Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers.

Psalm 1:1

Heaven

creedsister 10-24-2004 01:30 PM

Quote:

October 24th

"Obeying God brings great joy."

From the six-year-old who leaves her game because her mother has called her in for supper to the business executive who pays his taxes on time, we all live in a web of relationships dependent upon obedience to authority. Like a loving parent, God sets standards for our good and to protect us from evil and harm. Even though God's command is sometimes difficult, or doesn't make sense from our human perspective, obedience will always bring blessing, joy and peace.

Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with scoffers.

Psalm 1:1

Heaven

Your Right It Dosent Make Sense From A Human Perspective Not Only Obeying My Friend But In All Things In Gods Works His Ways Is Not Our Ways The Way We Would Do Something And Just Know It Would Be The Perfect Thing To do His Way Is Still Better!!!! And Except The Small Blessings Of The Day Everday The Righteous, Are Blessed Everyday And The Self Righteous Miss Out On All Of Their Blessings Of Each And Everyday And Some Be So Blind They Would Call A Blessing A Curse They See Noir Hear Not And Over Look The Beauty And The Power Of His Kingdom. GOD BLESS YA HEV....................... :jam: :jam: :jam:

HeavenBesideYou 10-25-2004 07:25 AM

Daily Bread

October 25th

"You alone are worthy of my praise, my songs, and my life."

Hearts full of thanks -- that's what makes for good singing! With Jesus as the source of our salvation and center of our future, how can we not sing! But singing is not just for us and God. God wants our songs to bless others. It is our ultimate spiritual talk.

Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 5:19-20

Heaven

creedsister 10-25-2004 10:22 AM

Whoooooooooooooo :jam: :jam:

HeavenBesideYou 10-26-2004 07:31 AM

Daily Bread

October 26th

"How can I be happy in the midst of difficult circumstances?"

Difficult circumstances help us better understand what Christ went through for us and make us partners with him.

Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-27-2004 07:35 AM

Daily Bread

October 27th

"Living and sharing the wonderful news about the Lord!"

Godliness is like sunshine, radiating its warmth and light from God himself. Witnessing is like starlight, reflecting the Son to others.

Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who turn many to righteousness will shine like stars forever.

Daniel 12:3

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-28-2004 07:22 AM

October 28th

"Is it possible to be happy when we have nothing materially?"

Just as your use of time says a lot about your priorities, so your material things ("treasures") say a lot about your heart and thoughts.

Don't store up treasures here on earth, where they can be eaten by moths and get rusty, and where thieves can break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven... Wherever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will also be.

Matthew 6:19-21

Heaven

Ann Allusion 10-28-2004 01:19 PM

Quote:

Wherever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will also be.

and there the treasure will remain...always in my heart...thanks for the "thoughts", Heaven...always enjoy reading them... :)

HeavenBesideYou 10-29-2004 07:20 AM

re:Daily Bread

:wiggle:

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-29-2004 07:21 AM

Daily Bread

October 29th

"I confess, there are little things (and maybe some big things), that I keep from ever placing on that altar."

Because God went first and sacrificed what is most precious to him to save us, he can ask us to surrender ourselves to him. Only one problem: The cotton-picking sacrifice wants to keep crawling off the altar.

I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God -- this is your spiritual act of worship.

Romans 12:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-30-2004 08:31 AM

Daily Bread

October 30th

"A gift from God."

Don't you love gifts! When they're truly given, with no strings attached, all we have to do is receive them. The greatest gift we've ever received has nothing to do with our efforts. It is a gift from God. We didn't earn it, deserve it, or purchase it. God gave it through his sacrificial gift so our salvation would not be our boast, but his kindness.

It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Heaven

Ann Allusion 10-30-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

gifts are definitely cool...and accepting them with humility is always pleasing both to the giver and the receiver....thanks, heaven..have a great weekend.

HeavenBesideYou 10-31-2004 07:45 AM

Daily Bread

October 31st

"God has conquered all our enemies."

The ticker-tape parades that follow a nation's victory in war, the wild celebration that accompanies a sports team upon winning the championship game, the quiet satisfaction of a student finally conquering a difficult subject to receive an A on the final exam, each is a picture of final glorious victory. Most of us will never have the experience of winning a professional sports championship, but the Bible promises us a victory far greater and more lasting. We can experience spiritual victory over sin and death, a victory both sure and final through Christ's victory over death.

Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.

John 16:33

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-01-2004 09:30 PM

Daily Bread

November 1st

"What does it mean to live a 'victorious Christian life'?"

If we are willing, God will help us defeat sin in our lives.

You will be accepted if you respond in the right way...

Genesis 4:7

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-02-2004 06:18 AM

Daily Bread

November 2nd

"Sharing the Gospel."

We've been picked to be on God's team, and we were picked first! We have an important role to play in the unfolding of the world's history. We're here to declare God's praises to those who don't know him so they can find his marvelous light and leave their world of darkness.

You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

1 Peter 2:9

Heaven

creedsister 11-02-2004 10:12 AM

Morever i will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance For we have not followed cunningly devised fables when we made known unto you the power of and the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ But Were Made Eyewitnesses Of His Majesty For He Received From God The Father The Honour AnD The Glory When There Came A Voice To Him From The Excellent Glory This Is My Beloved Son And Whoam I,am Well Pleased And This Voice That Came From Heaven We Heared When We Were With Him In The Holy Mount We Have Also More Sure Word Of The Prophecy Whereunto ye do well that Take Heed As Unto A Light That Shines In A Dark Place Untill The Day Dawn And The Day Star Arise In Your Hearts Knowing This First That No Prophecy CAME Not In Old Time By THE WILL OF MAN, haha But Holy Men Of God Spoke As They Were Moved By The Power Of The Holy Ghost. 2 peter 1 .15.21. For They That Are After The Flesh Do Mind The Things After The Flesh, Plan Not For Tommrow For We Yet Know What It Will Bring , Worry Not Of What Ye Will Wear Or Eat Or Do, But They That Are After The Spirt the things of the spirt Those Things In Fact Will Find You, But To Be Carnally Minded Is Death But To Be Spirtual Minded Is Life And Oh Yes That Peace That Passes All Logic and understanding So, Romans 8.5.6 I Wait For The Lord Of My Soul And In HIS WORD Do I Hope My Soul Waiteth For The Lord More Than They Whatch For Morning I Sayyyyy More Than They That Whatch For Morning Pslams 130

HeavenBesideYou 11-03-2004 06:35 AM

Daily Bread

November 3rd

"Another tie???"

Remember, yes, there are things we don't like about our government. But God has truly blessed us to enjoy the protection of the authorities. But we also live in the time of some of the greatest persecution ever known in the Christian era. So as we pray for our leaders and thank God for our freedoms, let's not forget the persecuted church all over the world.

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Romans 13:1

Heaven

creedsister 11-03-2004 11:03 AM

For By Him All Things Were Created That Are in Heaven And that Are In Earth Visble And Invisible Whether They Be Thrones Or Dominions Or Principalities Or Powers All Things Were Created By Him For Him 1 Col Even The Day Of Evil He Created Nothing Gets By Him :D Or Never Will :jam:

HeavenBesideYou 11-04-2004 06:33 AM

Daily Bread

November 4th

"A new covenant"

God willingly entered into a new agreement with us, his creatures, sealed it with the blood of his Son Jesus, and sent the Spirit to give us the power to live the life of this new covenant. God has made a covenant of love and grace with us. The Almighty has then turned around and made us worthy and competent to share that covenant with others. Now wonder it is life-giving: it brings life to us and through us!

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant - not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:6

Heaven

Ann Allusion 11-04-2004 09:02 AM

always enjoy reading your posts in the mornings, thanks, Heaven...:)

creedsister 11-04-2004 09:13 PM

Quote:

November 4th

"A new covenant"

God willingly entered into a new agreement with us, his creatures, sealed it with the blood of his Son Jesus, and sent the Spirit to give us the power to live the life of this new covenant. God has made a covenant of love and grace with us. The Almighty has then turned around and made us worthy and competent to share that covenant with others. Now wonder it is life-giving: it brings life to us and through us!

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant - not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:6

Heaven

The Spirt Rocksssssssss

HeavenBesideYou 11-05-2004 06:26 AM

Daily Bread

November 5th

"I get so tired sometimes, and I need a place to escape."

The Lord provides us with a place to rest in this climb of ours through life. He welcomes us, shades us, protects us, and enables us to go forth strengthened and renewed. We are never far from this rest. All we need do is turn to the Lord, and He will grant us respite.

This is my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.

Psalm 132:14

Heaven

creedsister 11-05-2004 10:36 AM

:bow: :jam: :jam: :jam: Amen And Amen Hear My Cry O, Lord Attend My Prayer From The End Of The Earth Will I Cry Unto Thee When My Heart Is Overwhelmed Lead Me To The Rock That Is Higher Than I pslam 61

HeavenBesideYou 11-06-2004 05:54 PM

Daily Bread

November 6th

"Idiosyncratic submission."

Jesus is Lord! God's plan was purposed in Christ. It centered on Christ coming at the right time. God's plan was to bring unity in Christ by making him Lord of all! What's more, this plan that brings our salvation brings God great pleasure. God is the only saving God and Jesus is both our Savior and Lord. So the real issue we face today is this: What area of our lives, our hearts, our secrets, our sin, our rebellion, have we not submitted to his lordship?

He made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment - to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.

Ephesians 1:9-10

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-07-2004 07:15 AM

Daily Bread

November 7th

"World Prayer"

God wants us to be a praying people. But more than that, God wants us to pray for people. The blessing of that kind of prayerful life is that we get to live peaceful and quiet lives full of godliness and holiness. So pray, dear friend in Jesus, pray as if world peace depends upon it, because it does!

I urge, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.

1 Timothy 2:1-2

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-09-2004 06:20 AM

Daily Bread

November 8th

"Trusting in God brings peace."

It means recognizing that God is trustworthy and then trusting him above all else.

In him our hearts rejoice, for we are trusting in his holy name.

Psalm 33:21

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-09-2004 06:22 AM

Daily Bread

November 9th

"Ultimate stain remover."

Nothing stains quite like sin. It not only leaves a stain in our heart but a residue in our minds. But God's grace is shown in that he doesn't just forgive our sins, he doesn't just forget our sins, he banishes them. They are gone. The stain is removed, the guilt is taken away. We are clean by his grace.

Come now, let us reason together,' says the Lord. 'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

Isaiah 1:18

Heaven

creedsister 11-09-2004 10:05 AM

:jam: :jam:
Quote:

November 8th

"Trusting in God brings peace."

It means recognizing that God is trustworthy and then trusting him above all else.

In him our hearts rejoice, for we are trusting in his holy name.

Psalm 33:21

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-10-2004 06:18 AM

Daily Bread

November 10th

"God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding."

Isn't that a beautiful phrase!

Rather than spending a lot of time talking or thinking about how marvelous God is, let's praise him in prayer.

God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth,' and to the rain shower, 'Be a mighty downpour.'

Job 37:5-6

Heaven

creedsister 11-10-2004 11:52 AM

he seals up the hand of every man that all men may know his work and the beasts go into dens and remain in their places out of the south comes the whirlwhind, and cold out of north by the the breath of god frost is given and breadth of the waters is straitened also by watering he wearith the thick cloud and it turned round about his counsels that they may do whatsoever :D he commandeth theme on the face of the earth, THATS AWSOME, He Causeth It To Come Whether For Correction or his hand of mercy, I Take Comfort In Knowing I Serve God That Is Working On My Case Around The Clock And Knowing The Just From The Unjust And Knowing AT ALL TIMES What Me Done Rather It Be For CORRECTION OR HIS LAND OR MERCY, hehe YOUR RIGHT, PRAISE THE LORD :jam: :jam: :jam:

HeavenBesideYou 11-11-2004 06:26 AM

Daily Bread

November 11th

"I confess that my eyes and my heart are often distracted by the stuff that is temporary."

Love for things, especially temporary ones, can sure get us in trouble. Even worse, we can begin to think they will make us happy or fill the empty places in our hearts. But if we really place our hopes and dreams in our Father, we are attached to eternity, and what we need most is always with us!

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world - the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes, and the boasting of what he has and does - comes not from the Father but from the world.

1 John 2:15-16

Heaven