CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Daily Bread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7750)

HeavenBesideYou 10-28-2004 07:22 AM

October 28th

"Is it possible to be happy when we have nothing materially?"

Just as your use of time says a lot about your priorities, so your material things ("treasures") say a lot about your heart and thoughts.

Don't store up treasures here on earth, where they can be eaten by moths and get rusty, and where thieves can break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven... Wherever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will also be.

Matthew 6:19-21

Heaven

:pimp:

Ann Allusion 10-28-2004 01:19 PM

Quote:

Wherever your treasure is, there your heart and thoughts will also be.

and there the treasure will remain...always in my heart...thanks for the "thoughts", Heaven...always enjoy reading them... :)

HeavenBesideYou 10-29-2004 07:20 AM

re:Daily Bread

:wiggle:

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-29-2004 07:21 AM

Daily Bread

October 29th

"I confess, there are little things (and maybe some big things), that I keep from ever placing on that altar."

Because God went first and sacrificed what is most precious to him to save us, he can ask us to surrender ourselves to him. Only one problem: The cotton-picking sacrifice wants to keep crawling off the altar.

I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God -- this is your spiritual act of worship.

Romans 12:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-30-2004 08:31 AM

Daily Bread

October 30th

"A gift from God."

Don't you love gifts! When they're truly given, with no strings attached, all we have to do is receive them. The greatest gift we've ever received has nothing to do with our efforts. It is a gift from God. We didn't earn it, deserve it, or purchase it. God gave it through his sacrificial gift so our salvation would not be our boast, but his kindness.

It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Heaven

Ann Allusion 10-30-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

gifts are definitely cool...and accepting them with humility is always pleasing both to the giver and the receiver....thanks, heaven..have a great weekend.

HeavenBesideYou 10-31-2004 07:45 AM

Daily Bread

October 31st

"God has conquered all our enemies."

The ticker-tape parades that follow a nation's victory in war, the wild celebration that accompanies a sports team upon winning the championship game, the quiet satisfaction of a student finally conquering a difficult subject to receive an A on the final exam, each is a picture of final glorious victory. Most of us will never have the experience of winning a professional sports championship, but the Bible promises us a victory far greater and more lasting. We can experience spiritual victory over sin and death, a victory both sure and final through Christ's victory over death.

Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.

John 16:33

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-01-2004 09:30 PM

Daily Bread

November 1st

"What does it mean to live a 'victorious Christian life'?"

If we are willing, God will help us defeat sin in our lives.

You will be accepted if you respond in the right way...

Genesis 4:7

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-02-2004 06:18 AM

Daily Bread

November 2nd

"Sharing the Gospel."

We've been picked to be on God's team, and we were picked first! We have an important role to play in the unfolding of the world's history. We're here to declare God's praises to those who don't know him so they can find his marvelous light and leave their world of darkness.

You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

1 Peter 2:9

Heaven

creedsister 11-02-2004 10:12 AM

Morever i will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance For we have not followed cunningly devised fables when we made known unto you the power of and the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ But Were Made Eyewitnesses Of His Majesty For He Received From God The Father The Honour AnD The Glory When There Came A Voice To Him From The Excellent Glory This Is My Beloved Son And Whoam I,am Well Pleased And This Voice That Came From Heaven We Heared When We Were With Him In The Holy Mount We Have Also More Sure Word Of The Prophecy Whereunto ye do well that Take Heed As Unto A Light That Shines In A Dark Place Untill The Day Dawn And The Day Star Arise In Your Hearts Knowing This First That No Prophecy CAME Not In Old Time By THE WILL OF MAN, haha But Holy Men Of God Spoke As They Were Moved By The Power Of The Holy Ghost. 2 peter 1 .15.21. For They That Are After The Flesh Do Mind The Things After The Flesh, Plan Not For Tommrow For We Yet Know What It Will Bring , Worry Not Of What Ye Will Wear Or Eat Or Do, But They That Are After The Spirt the things of the spirt Those Things In Fact Will Find You, But To Be Carnally Minded Is Death But To Be Spirtual Minded Is Life And Oh Yes That Peace That Passes All Logic and understanding So, Romans 8.5.6 I Wait For The Lord Of My Soul And In HIS WORD Do I Hope My Soul Waiteth For The Lord More Than They Whatch For Morning I Sayyyyy More Than They That Whatch For Morning Pslams 130

HeavenBesideYou 11-03-2004 06:35 AM

Daily Bread

November 3rd

"Another tie???"

Remember, yes, there are things we don't like about our government. But God has truly blessed us to enjoy the protection of the authorities. But we also live in the time of some of the greatest persecution ever known in the Christian era. So as we pray for our leaders and thank God for our freedoms, let's not forget the persecuted church all over the world.

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Romans 13:1

Heaven

creedsister 11-03-2004 11:03 AM

For By Him All Things Were Created That Are in Heaven And that Are In Earth Visble And Invisible Whether They Be Thrones Or Dominions Or Principalities Or Powers All Things Were Created By Him For Him 1 Col Even The Day Of Evil He Created Nothing Gets By Him :D Or Never Will :jam:

HeavenBesideYou 11-04-2004 06:33 AM

Daily Bread

November 4th

"A new covenant"

God willingly entered into a new agreement with us, his creatures, sealed it with the blood of his Son Jesus, and sent the Spirit to give us the power to live the life of this new covenant. God has made a covenant of love and grace with us. The Almighty has then turned around and made us worthy and competent to share that covenant with others. Now wonder it is life-giving: it brings life to us and through us!

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant - not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:6

Heaven

Ann Allusion 11-04-2004 09:02 AM

always enjoy reading your posts in the mornings, thanks, Heaven...:)

creedsister 11-04-2004 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou
November 4th

"A new covenant"

God willingly entered into a new agreement with us, his creatures, sealed it with the blood of his Son Jesus, and sent the Spirit to give us the power to live the life of this new covenant. God has made a covenant of love and grace with us. The Almighty has then turned around and made us worthy and competent to share that covenant with others. Now wonder it is life-giving: it brings life to us and through us!

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant - not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:6

Heaven

The Spirt Rocksssssssss