CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Daily Bread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7750)

HeavenBesideYou 02-04-2007 08:32 AM

Re: Daily Bread

January 4th

"Forgiveness"

Since forgiveness is an expression of love, a person whose life has an endless supply of love should be demonstrating an endless supply of forgiveness. We can experience unlimited love in our relationship with God. It is this resource that makes it possible for us to forgive others again and again. First, we recognize that God forgives us time and time again. Second, we want to express God's love in a world that needs desperately to witness it.

Come back to me, and I will heal your wayward hearts.

1 Kings 19:3-4

Even if he wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, forgive him.

Luke 17:4

It is far better to forgive and forget than to hate and remember.

~Unknown

Heaven

:pimp:

HeavenBesideYou 02-05-2007 06:12 AM

February 5th

"God is faithful."

We can trust his promises to be kept and his purposes to be good. How do we know? The sunrise each morning is a reminder that the Father of heaven and earth is at work keeping his universe in working order. If it is true in nature, it is true in the spiritual realm as well. Greet each sunrise as a reminder of God's faithfulness.

The word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.

Psalm 33:4-5

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-06-2007 06:07 AM

February 6th

"Eternal pursuit."

The pursuit of God is one of the few life choices we can make that has no strings attached. We give very little, and receive so much. Money, fame, power, prestige all sound nice, but they require more effort than they are worth. Worse, they pay temporary benefits that fade away, leaving us empty, lost, and alone.

Pursue God, and you will find that He will bless you continually!

Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.

Psalm 16:4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-07-2007 06:06 AM

February 7th

"Thought, deed, and word."

Hard bread to swallow, but we are all called to be Christian in thought, deed, and word. If the love of God truly dwells in our hearts, then we should show it by the way we treat and talk about others. What we say matters a great deal, and God will judge us on our words and feelings, as well as on our actions.

He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.

Psalm 15:3

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-08-2007 06:02 AM

February 8th

"I can't stress this enough..."

We often talk about the privileges of being a child of God... Forgiveness, salvation, a future in heaven with Him, the gift of the Holy Spirit, and ultimate victory when Christ comes. One of the greatest privileges we get, however, is the opportunity to act toward those who dislike and hate us in a way that reflects the character of God himself. Anyone can return hate for hate, but it takes a child of God to return a blessing and a prayer for their enemies.

[Jesus said,] "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."

Matthew 5:43-45

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-09-2007 06:06 AM

February 9th

"Amazing!"

The gift of forgiveness is often best appreciated by those who need it the most. The Reverend John Newton experienced this truth firsthand. His tombstone tells the story: "John Newton, clerk, once an infidel and Libertine, a servant of slavers in Africa, was, by the rich mercy of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, preserved, restored, pardoned, and appointed to preach the faith he had so long labored to destroy." These words were written by Newton himself, a testimony to God's transforming power. After years as a hardened slave trader, that "wretch" met Jesus Christ and abruptly turned to defend the gospel he had so long despised.

Throughout Newton's years of ministry, God's amazing grace remained central to Newton's thinking. When it was suggested he retire (at age eighty-two!) due to poor health and a failing memory, he responded, "My memory is nearly gone, but I remember two things: that I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Savior!"

For God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so very much, that even while we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead.

Ephesians 2:4

Amazing grace! how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind but now I see.

~Amazing Grace , John Newton ( 1725-1807 )

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-10-2007 07:59 AM

February 10th

"Smile again on your desolate sanctuary..."

Most of us can think of one or two "inherited consequences" in our lives. Others may have made bad decisions, but we seem to be suffering the results. This is what Daniel was experiencing in Babylon. He knew he was there because his nation was being punished for generations of sinfulness. So he prayed for his people... God's people. From the land of punishment, he begged the Lord for forgiveness. His plea for mercy was based solely on God's compassionate character.

The Lord still disciplines his people when they refuse to walk in his ways, only now God's people are the church rather than an actual nation. Spend some time today praying for the Lord's forgiveness and guidance to help what has become of His wounded church.

O our God, hear your servant's prayer! Listen as I plead. For your own sake, Lord, smile again on your desolate sanctuary.

O my God, listen to me and hear my request. Open your eyes and see our wretchedness. See how your city lies in ruins for everyone knows that it is yours. We do not ask because we deserve help, but because you are so merciful.

O Lord, hear. O Lord, forgive. O Lord, list and act! For your own sake, O my God, do not delay, for your people and your city bear your name.

Daniel 9:17-19

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-11-2007 10:24 AM

February 11th

"So, what is love defined?"

A healthy definition of love is crucial to understanding the central message of the Bible. According to the Bible, love is not confined to sexuality, nor is it primarily a feeling at all. The Bible teaches that love is a commitment. As a commitment, love is not dependent of good feelings, but rather on a consistent and courageous decision to extend oneself for the well-being of another. That commitment then produces good feelings, not the other way around. Jesus became the perfect demonstration of God's unconditional love for us by laying down his life for our benefit.

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.

John 14:2

a·ga·pe : –noun, plural

1. the love of God or Christ for humankind.

2. the love of Christians for other persons, corresponding to the love of God for humankind.

3. unselfish love of one person for another without sexual implications; brotherly love.

Heaven

HeavensOnFire 02-11-2007 10:40 PM

Glory To God,

LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART BODY MIND AND SOUL, even untill death he prayed into the will of his father, THE WILL OF GOD WAS NOT JUSTIFIED IN THOSE WHO LOVED HIM THE MOST EYES, HE DIED AND AROSE AGAIN IN THE WILL OF GOD, AMEN THE MIGHTY GOD, Even The Lord HATH SPOKEN, AND CALLED THE EARTH FROM Rising Sun the sun unto the going down therof out of zion the perfection of beauty gOD HATH SHINED OUR GOD SHALL COME AND SHALL NOT KEEP HIS SILENT A FIRE SHALL DEVOUR BEFORE HIM HE SHALL CALL TO THE HEAVENS FROM ABOVE AND TO THE EARTH THAT HE MAY BE THE JUDGE OF HIS PEOPLE GATHER MY SAINTS THOSE THAT HAVE MADE A CONVEANT WITH ME BY SACRAFICE AND THE HEAVENS SHALL DECLARE HIS JUSTICE FOR GOD IS JUDGE HIMSELF , I WILL NOT REPROVE FOR THY SACRIFICES OR ANY BURNT OFFERINGS TO HAVE CONTINUALLY BEFORE ME I WILL TAKE IT NOT, Psalm 50,

HeavenBesideYou 02-12-2007 06:15 AM

February 12th

"Always love."

Pretty tall order and pretty tough stuff. Only God is "always." But then Christians are fueled to a always love through the Holy Spirit! Feeling shortchanged? Check out the promised source of "always" love in Romans 5:5.

Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13:6-7

Heaven

HeavensOnFire 02-12-2007 07:56 PM

Amen And Amen,

THE OLDEST MESSAGE OF A CHRISTIAN HISTORY STILL STANDS AMEN AND AMEN AMEN AND AMEN, LOVE BELIEVES ALL THINGS ENDURESSSSSSSSS ALL THINGS AND HOPES ALL THINGS, GREATER LOVE HATH NO NO MAN THAN THIS THAT A MAN LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS FRIENDS, John 15,13,

HeavenBesideYou 02-13-2007 06:22 AM

Amen!!!

:banana:

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-13-2007 06:23 AM

February 13th

"The Lord sees you."

Putting forth a great deal of effort is much easier when we can feel we've accomplished something. There is a basic instinct within each of us that likes praise and reward. We need to feel that we are noticed when we do what is good and right. The Lord sees all that we do, and His pleasure is ever with us. His abundant blessings come to all who truly love Him and pursue Him with all their heart, mind, and soul.

The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath be recompensed me.

Psalm 18:20

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-14-2007 06:58 AM

Valentine's Day 2007

"The Ultimate Valentine's Love!"

The Israelites had just escaped from slavery in Egypt when God gave them the Ten Commandments. He promised to "lavish" his love on them, if they would obey these laws. Exodus 20:6 is an astounding promise of God's love and faithfulness to his people; "But I lavish my love on those who love me and obey my commands, even for a thousand generations."

It is all too easy for us to feel separated from God, all alone, and unloved, but Romans 8:35-39 assures us that is it impossible to escape God's love, even if we don't feel his love; "Can anything ever separate us from Christ's love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or are hungry or cold or in danger or threatened with death. [Even the Scriptures say, 'For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.'] No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away. Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord."

You see God's love never fails. Rest secure in the knowledge that nothing can separate you from God's love, and have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 02-15-2007 06:08 AM

February 15th

"A prayer for love."

Each of us needs each other. God uses other believers to strengthen us and make us holy. As you pray for strength to be faithful to God, you should expect his answer to come through those believers who worship with you. Likewise, you should earnestly pray that God might use you to strengthen other believers.

When Paul wrote to the Thessalonians, his love and concern for them were apparent in every word. When he prayed for them, he asked the Lord to make their love for one another overflow. Paul prayed that the Thessalonian church might become a loving, supporting community of faith. The strong, silent, loner Christian didn't fit into Paul's understanding of how God works among his people.

May God himself, our Father, and our Lord Jesus make it possible for us to come to you very soon. And may the Lord make your love grow and overflow to each other and to everyone else, just as our love overflows toward you. As a result, Christ will make your hearts strong, blameless, and holy when you stand before God our Father on that day when our Lord Jesus comes with all those who belong to him.

1 Thessalonians 3:11-13

When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.

~Charles Reade

Heaven