CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed and Linkin Park (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=392)

TankGirl 11-01-2002 08:38 AM

Creed and Linkin Park

Hey, I just thought that this would be a great combination for a song or tour... What do you think guys? :D :P Oh yes, I'm a newbie! :angel: :eek: :bounce:

JenRN 11-01-2002 10:06 AM

Welcome Tankgirl!!!!!:D

I really don't care to much for Linkin Park, some of there stuff is o.k. I personally think Creed is on a whole different level!! Creed's music has substance and the music is much better!!!! Sorry just my opinion. :rolleyes:

Steve 11-01-2002 11:07 AM

Linkin Park has too much of a different style... I don't think their style of music would mix well with Creed's... for a song at least. As for touring together, again, it wouldn't make sense because of the two totally different styles of music. I'd bet that a majority of Linkin Park die-hard fans don't like Creed.

Read JDM 11-01-2002 11:09 AM

Linkin Park is one of my favorite bands. If you listen to their remix CD, Reanimation, then you'll know their sounds clashes with no one. They had guys from Jurassic 5 on that disc, for example, but also Korn's and Staind's singers. So, who knows?

InterGirl 11-01-2002 12:26 PM

I agree with JenRN and Steve....it's different style... :rolleyes:

Dogstar 11-01-2002 12:33 PM

Yes, I think they are too different to tour together or make a song. I'm not a huge Linkin Park fan, though I like a few of their songs.

InterGirl 11-01-2002 12:40 PM

Dogstar,for example?? :)

Dogstar 11-01-2002 01:06 PM

Crawling, One Step Closer, My December.

TankGirl 11-01-2002 03:46 PM

Hey, maybe you're right guys... However I am in Linkin Park Underground and for sure you can say I AM LP die-hard fan and I like Creed a lot! But it's prolly just me... I like all of the good rock bands, no matter if it's hard rock, or "light" rock... However I still keep the opinion they would sound marvellous together :P

Oh, and welcome everybody, nice to meet you! :D

Weathered 11-01-2002 03:46 PM

i dont like linkin park...their too rappish/techno....just my opinion though

TankGirl 11-01-2002 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by weathered
i dont like    linkin park...their too rappish/techno....just my opinion though

oh, they're not techno FOR SURE. they just add some electronical samples to the background melodies sometimes, however it's not techno at all! :rolleyes:

And about hte hip hop... I don't like hip hop but the one that Mike Shinoda does just kicks major ass... I love it ... but of course that's just my opinion... :)

Dogstar 11-01-2002 03:56 PM

Hey, TankGirl, my nephew is a Creed freak and he loves Linkin Park, too. He's like you, he likes all kinds of rock.

JenRN 11-01-2002 04:03 PM

The thing I can't stand about Linkin Park is the lead singers voice! His voice is very high-pitched, sounds like a little boy singing. They don't have any originality, they sound like a lot of the bands out now. Sorry don't mean to offend anyone.:confused: I just love The deep sultry voice of Scott Stapp and with Tremonti's guitar work does not get much better!!!!!:stapp: :tremonti: :jam:

TankGirl 11-01-2002 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
Hey, TankGirl, my nephew is a Creed freak and he loves Linkin Park, too. He's like you, he likes all kinds of rock.

Hi Dogstar, I'm glad he likes Linkin Park, however I didn't say I like all kinds of rock... it's not that... it's just that I like good bands representing all kinds of rock :)

TankGirl 11-01-2002 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JenRN
The thing I can't stand about Linkin Park is the lead singers voice!  His voice is very high-pitched, sounds like a little boy singing.  They don't have any originality, they sound like a lot of the bands out now.   Sorry don't mean to offend anyone.:confused:   I just love The deep sultry voice of Scott Stapp and with Tremonti's guitar work does not get much better!!!!!:stapp: :tremonti: :jam:

Well, that's strange cuz the lead singer's voice is the best thing in this band for me, I have to say :) In my opinion he's really competitive with his singing... You know, what you said about Stapp I can repeat the same putting the name of Chester Bennington instead of his... For me they never sounded and do not sound as any other band... It's like... I hear them and I can say "Hey, I know that sound, it's Linkin Park!"

Another thing I hafta say is that :tremonti: really rawks with his guitar... Actually I could say I like his guitar playing more than Stapp's singin :)

But I guess it's just that you're Creed fan and I am LP fan (I like Creed a lot too tho) and we feel the same, just about different music groups... :)

JenRN 11-01-2002 04:29 PM

Yep, and there is nothing wrong with that!!!:D

TankGirl 11-01-2002 04:36 PM

Hell yeah! :D

Oh, and BTW, how do you guys like my nu avatar?

JenRN 11-01-2002 04:40 PM

I am assuming that is Linkin Park?:confused: Is his name Chester?:dunno: Sorry again like I said I am not one of their fans!:D

marlsy 11-01-2002 06:16 PM

Hey I like your guys avitar, where do you find them????????? I want a better fancy one too!!!!! :bounce:

Lady Valkyrie 11-01-2002 06:22 PM

Steve, you are so wrong. I am a huge Linkin' Park fan... just as much as Creed. The only other bands that I feel the same about... in the secular music industry that is... is Nickelback, P.O.D. and 12 Stones. They are all awesome in their own ways.

I see nothing wrong with Creed and Linkin Park coming together. Who are we to put limitations on artistry anyway?

And yes that is Chester. He's my fav... he can truely sing... his voice is beautiful and yet he can scream with such ferver and passion! He's also got the kind of personality that I think is sexy. Yes I said Chester is sexy. I don't limit myself to the Scott Stapps of this world.

Read JDM 11-01-2002 06:49 PM

I think it's fair for someone to say they don't like Linkin Park, as everyone's obviously entitled to their opinion, but I will say that Linkin Park definitely doesn't sound like every other band. In fact, I don't think anyone sounds like Linkin Park. They are a true blend of many different styles, which was their goal from the start. That's why their original name was Hybrid Theory (and that ended up being the name of their album). Linkin Park, to me, is the band that best represents what a lot of the bands of this generation tried in vain to accomplish. Other bands that tried to mesh styles often came out sounding like one style slightly influenced by another, whereas with Linkin Park, really, you never know what you're going to get from song to song. They're just brilliant, in my mind, and I definitely think they could work something out with Creed because, like I said, Linkin Park can work with basically everyone and produce something splendid.

JenRN 11-01-2002 10:13 PM

ok ok ok I see I am out numbered here, oh well, that is life ya know!!!! I do like the re-mix's they do with other bands etc.. but what can I say Creed is still and ALWAYS be my favorite!!!!!! I love many other bands as well, I have over 300 Cd's so I am not just a Creed fan!!!!! But Scott Stapp sorry Lady V, he is tops in my book!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

InterGirl 11-02-2002 07:32 AM

haha,okay,Chester is sexy,but I prefer Mike... ;) and, although they play different music, I'm veeery interested how would sounds their common song... :band: :punk3: :tremonti: :stapp: ;)

marlsy 11-02-2002 01:58 PM

I like Linkin Park also, but not as much as Creed, for they are my fav. rock group. I also like System of the down, now they can ROCK!

Read JDM 11-02-2002 02:16 PM

You guys crack me up. You do realize you're allowed to like more than one band, don't you? :lol: Man, I can't even count all my favorite bands, but Creed is obviously at the top of the list, and Linkin Park is very high up there, too. I also consider myself a diehard fan of Fuel, Our Lady Peace, Third Eye Blind, 12 Stones, Oleander, Foo Fighters, Weezer, Incubus, and God only knows how many more.

Dogstar 11-02-2002 02:56 PM

Same here, Read, I like soooo many. I always have such a hard time when someone asks for your top 10 bands, singers, albums. Way too many to list and the order changes all the time.

Read JDM 11-02-2002 08:12 PM

Exactly. My top 10 favorite bands list usually consists of the same four or five bands at the top of the list, but then the next five are just recent favorites. If you asked me this time last year, for example, then Nickelback would've been high up in my list of top 10; I haven't listened to them in a while and they probably wouldn't make my list if I made one right now, but yet I still think they're awesome and consider them a favorite band. There's a lot of good music out there, despite what people might say!

JenRN 11-02-2002 11:14 PM

Ya Read... I know what you mean about liking other bands but the fact remains the same I just really love Creed and their CD's NEVER leave my car cd deck, no matter what mood I am in I can ALWAYS find a song of their's to match it!!!! Some of my other favorites are also Nickleback and godsmack, Incubus, Red hot chilli peppers and the list goes on and on !!!!:D

PaulMcCoygirl 11-03-2002 02:18 AM

I agree with you about them touring together. They would definitely sell out at all of the shows! Welcome to the BB's hope you have fun here! :D

faceless kiwi 11-03-2002 04:28 PM

Yeah they definately would sell out shows.
I sont like linkin park at all, mainly coz of the rap, its just not my thing.
I dont think creed and linkin park would be a good mix at a concert at all.

Read JDM 11-04-2002 08:45 AM

Another thing I think would be good about a Creed/Linkin Park tour is that both bands, while loved amongst their fans, are widely disrespected by large numbers of people. Those who can't get into the Creed sound often accuse Creed of being crappy or cheezey or both, and the same goes for lots of the people who don't like Linkin Park. So, I think both bands would have a lot to gain by having the chance to play for each other's fan base.

TankGirl 11-09-2002 04:26 PM

Yes, it's Chester aka Chazzy Chaz :D

Thanks, Lady Valkyrie!

Anyways, yeah, I think Mike is more sexy than Chaz but I have more respect for Chaz :)

Oh, and the 3 things I can't tolerate at all is stupidity, meanness and UNtolerance. I just can't stand when people are so damn untolerative... As to HATE band just for the music they play or for how they look like... Loosers... :rolleyes:

Fortunately, I haven't found anyone like that on these boards :)

SweetXtreme4 11-09-2002 05:51 PM

I like both bands! but I don't think they "mesh" well. Just my opinion though.

DangerousDan85 11-12-2002 02:50 PM

I used to be a big Linkin Park fan I mean I had their DVD. I was dissapointed that they haven't put any new material out. I didn't want to here all their old songs only more hip hop/electronica. Maybe when they put out heavier stuff I'll be into them again

PaulMcCoygirl 11-12-2002 10:47 PM

LP's new cd is supposed to be coming out in late 2003. :dancing:

Siana 11-13-2002 02:43 AM

LP are more suitable for teenagers...they don't have those deep Creed lyrics..

DangerousDan85 11-13-2002 02:57 AM

I agree I me I'm still 17 and I like music with substance and meaning. Linkin Park just started to get on my nerves. I know this isn't Linkin Park (technically) but I hated "It's Going Down" it was so annoying. I also hate Adema from the songs I've heard.

Siana 11-13-2002 09:37 AM

I think Adema is a way better that LP..."It's going down" was a huge flop,really

InterGirl 11-14-2002 02:52 AM

and for me LP is better than Adema,and I like "It's going down" ;) but that's just my opinion...

Siana 11-14-2002 08:22 AM

that ok ;) i respect any opinion here