CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Is yoga evil? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4464)

Torn Signs 09-25-2003 05:15 PM

Is yoga evil?

My master of Tae Kwon Do brought this up. He says clearing your mind like that in yoga is letting it being taken by Satan...so it is evil. I'm rather confused on how this matter should be thought about. Your pros and cons would be of great interest...especially if you use some beliefs lol.

Peace out. ;):bounce:

Dogstar 09-25-2003 07:27 PM

Wow, that's a first. I'd never heard that before. Just because you clear your mind, doesn't mean Satan has to enter it...It could just as easily be filled with good spiritual thoughts. I tend to think of yoga as a sort of cleansing, getting rid of the impurities in your body and your mind. It's a good release.

hotforscott 09-25-2003 07:33 PM

i have never heard that either.

ZION1010 09-25-2003 08:25 PM

well let me start a sermon to anwser your question torn a we all know that god speaks to us in diffrent ways and so does the evil one what he would use against me he would not use against some one else he knows your weakness and he knows when to busta move so clearing your mind can be an open target for the evil one to place thoughts there if your mind is not upon christ now yoga could be deadley to someone whos seeking truth from god and is not strong enough yet to desern he can place thoughts in your mind and lies if you need clarity sometimes the best way to do it is ask god for clarity and understanding and take it one day at time and anotherway to clear the mind is to pray for others and when i need clarity i take hot baths AND LISTEN TO MUSIC NOT WHAT I NORMALY LISTEN TO BUT THE OLDER CHURCH HYMS FOR SIMPLER TIMES IT GETS ME BACK ON TRACK........PEACE

TeriB19 09-25-2003 08:57 PM

Ok, this is the weirdest thread I've ever been in. I don't believe for a minute that yoga is evil. Goodbye.

JulieCitySlicker 09-25-2003 09:07 PM

Thats news to me:confused:

Torn Signs 09-25-2003 10:39 PM

My master has wierd opinons, I think Zion helped answer it the best. Thanks, Bud! And thanks for everyone else's comments.

Peace out ;)

P

Aimee 09-25-2003 11:33 PM

Also, isn't Tae Kwon Do like a Zen art? And isn't Zen like Yoga? Maybe you should ask him about that. If you find peace in the zone with the focus of TKD, Yoga is the same thing. :confused:

DangerousDan85 09-26-2003 03:15 AM

:lol:

TeriB19 09-26-2003 08:01 AM

When I don't feel like going to the gym I make up my mind that exercise equipment is evil.
:devil:=Crosstrainer
:devil:= Treadmill
:devil:= Recumbent Bike
:devil:= Step Class
:devil:= Weight machines

See, it's really easy to do!

JenRN 09-26-2003 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aimee
Also, isn't Tae Kwon Do like a Zen art? And isn't Zen like Yoga?  Maybe you should ask him about that. If you find peace in the zone with the focus of TKD, Yoga is the same thing. :confused:

I was thinking the same thing Amy! So I guess that makes Tai Chi evil too:rolleyes: So what does you instructor of Tae Kwon Do tell you while you are working out? Does he tell you that you are being overcome by Budda? Give me a break. My husband has taught martial arts for over 15 years does he think that, ummmmmm NO!

Sheila63 09-26-2003 12:15 PM

For me, yoga and also meditating help to center or ground me which only helps me feel more spiritual and closer to the earth and God.

Torn Signs 09-26-2003 05:28 PM

To give you all a clue, he is a Christian. A huge one. I am not him so I can not interpret it like he did. I can't explain it well either. 15 years, cool! What kind?

Peace out. ;)

Lechium 09-27-2003 03:11 PM

I say we go down and stone to death 1st joga instructor we see in the name of god. Who's with me?

mel!ssa 09-28-2003 07:13 AM

Yeah, whatever.

I think what your instructor meant was something along the lines of, the exercising part of yoga is fine, beneficial and all that, but the meditation part, if you are a true master at it and can manage to completely and totally empty your head (and not many can do this completely), then yes it leaves the way open for demons to enter. It doesn't happen very often, and not as much as it used to, but it does happen.