CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mark as a guitar hero (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7763)

Metalingus_Jay 10-21-2004 11:26 PM

Mark as a guitar hero

I just kind of had a random thought, and i figured i would share with all of you.. If you look throughout the history of music, and look at most of the guys considered guitar heroes, there arent too many of them out there anymore that lead by example..not just by their music, but by their actions as well.. Now before i get into this, i just wanted to state that in no way, am i'm preaching or anything of that sort. ok, here it goes... Lets look at Slash in the GnR days.. Guns was a band that was all about partying, drugs, alcohol, and girls.. the essentials of every rock band in that time period.. that was their MO... alot of drugs and alcohol.. Now, Zakk Wylde.. a great, GREAT guitar player.. makes great music..one of my favorite guitar players...but whenever he talks, he's talking about drinking, or saying the F word every other word.. as adults, i guess its alright for us to heard this stuff because it usually has little effect on us, but as for young kids who idolize these guys, thats not putting out a good image..and i know that people should never change who they are, no matter what.. i believe in that, but i also think that you can show more courtesy and respect to some people who dont want to hear that stuff.. now, with Mark Tremonti, i feel, is a perfect guitar "hero" for young kids because not only is his talent exceptional, but he stays as humble as he possibly can, lives a good clean life, and appreciates every single one of his fans.. and on top of that, not only does he appeal to kids who like heavier rock, he also has fans who like the softer rock, or more moderate rock so to say. (for those into genre labeling :mad: ) i just think that in the future, Mark is going to be considered into the likes of guys like Stevie Ray, Randy Rhoads, and Eric Clapton. so basically what i'm tryin to accomplish this post, is more of a thank you to Mark for being a very classy person who can make anyone happy with his music. well, i think i'm done with my ranting!!

Torn Daredevil 10-22-2004 01:10 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... I don't think there was anything new in that post, but I agree with you. Mark is my idol!

Higher_Desire 10-22-2004 01:25 AM

Mark rules. Plain and simple. I've even been able to get people who say they hate Creed/Alter Bridge to say Tremonti is a simply amazing guitarist. He's even been voted Best Guitar Player three years in a row by the readers of Guitar World Magazine. Hmmm... maybe Mark would be considered more of a legend if he just drank, did drugs (and groupies), and cussed a bit more. :) Actually, no, I hope he never does that. :D

H-D :pimp:

AndrewFromABRox 10-22-2004 09:02 AM

Yea that's so true, never thought of it, Mark rules though definetly.

cariocawlad 10-22-2004 03:17 PM

...and in my opinion he is now far best than Slash and the Velvet Revolver stuff. :cool:

Trimontana 10-22-2004 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cariocawlad
...and in my opinion he is now far best than Slash and the Velvet Revolver stuff. :cool:

Yeah....i consider Slash a great guitar player but Tremonti makes me shake when he plays...He said once that he is still learning and do different staff; so even lots of péople doesn´t consider Tremonti as a great guitar player,i do and i think he has a great attitude. I admire him!!!! :D :D :D

scrit 10-22-2004 06:25 PM

I wouldnt go as far as to say he a guitar god. He's not as influenial as some of the guitarists that you mentioned, be he is a great guitarist, and from what ive heard a good person

The Lithium 10-22-2004 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
Mark is my idol!

Hurray for Alter Bridge! :D