CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed in this month's album of Spin Magazine (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12669)

Higher_Desire 09-24-2009 07:50 PM

Creed in this month's album of Spin Magazine

Creed was named to Spin's list of "21 Fall Albums That Matter Most" list. A pretty decent little write-up. Here's the link and, for all you lazies like me (lol), I quoted the article for you beneath. http://www.spin.com/gallery/21-fall-...t?page=14#main

Quote:

CREED
FULL CIRCLE (Wind-up)

Release Date: October 27
Why It Matters: Eight years after their last album, five years after their breakup (following lead singer Scott Stapp's suicidal meltdown), and four years after Stapp got into a bizarre punch-up with members of 311 and their wives in a Baltimore hotel lobby, the oiliest cover boys in SPIN history have reunited to bitchslap Daughtry and all the other bellowing pretenders to their faux-grungy throne. Selling more than 30 million albums has given Creed F-you money, but growling, thunderous, Metallica-esque first single "Overcome" indicates that Stapp and guitarist-songwriting partner Mark Tremonti are more interested in bicep-rock bona fides than pop cash-ins.
Fast Fact: Original bassist Brian Marshall, who actually named the band, played with Creed for the first time in a decade this past June.

Higher_Desire 09-24-2009 07:52 PM

Re: Creed in this month's album of Spin Magazine

I'm such a dumbass. I just noticed I put "album" of Spin magazine. It's supposed to be "issue". I'm such a retard. I need to proofread better. If one of the Admins wants to change it, that would be awesome! Sorry for my stupidity.

alitea 09-24-2009 07:56 PM

LOL it is ok, it happens. Thanks for the ariticle. That is a nice mention for Creed.

nagpo 09-24-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I'm such a dumbass. I just noticed I put "album" of Spin magazine. It's supposed to be "issue". I'm such a retard. I need to proofread better. If one of the Admins wants to change it, that would be awesome! Sorry for my stupidity.

I don't think anybody was going to call you on it and no one here thinks you're stupid. Don't be so hard on yourself.

Good thread, I hope the album does put other bands like daughtry and nicelback in there place and puts creed back on top.

Higher_Desire 09-25-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
I don't think anybody was going to call you on it and no one here thinks you're stupid. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I didn't think anyone would. I'm just able to laugh at myself.

Chris98GT 09-25-2009 01:57 AM

"Metallica-esque first single "Overcome"

WTF?!

Overcome is a good song, but that is laughable. It's not even close.

I guess any slightly heavy riff is Metallica-esque to that writer. Wow.

King Oropher 09-25-2009 10:52 AM

So is that countdown in order? Like does number 1 mean that it is the album everyone is waiting for?

Higher_Desire 09-25-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Oropher
So is that countdown in order? Like does number 1 mean that it is the album everyone is waiting for?

I don't know, but I like how 50 Cent took the #20 AND #21 spots with the same album. lol. I thing it's a misprint on the website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris98GT
"Metallica-esque first single "Overcome"

WTF?!

Overcome is a good song, but that is laughable. It's not even close.

I guess any slightly heavy riff is Metallica-esque to that writer. Wow.

Yeah, I thought that was weird too. Also the part about "Scott Stapp's suicidal meltdown." I never heard it referred to as that nor that (or if) Scott was actually suicidal.

nagpo 09-25-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I don't know, but I like how 50 Cent took the #20 AND #21 spots with the same album. lol. I thing it's a misprint on the website.

Yeah, I thought that was weird too. Also the part about "Scott Stapp's suicidal meltdown." I never heard it referred to as that nor that (or if) Scott was actually suicidal.

Scott was suicidal at one point. He admitted to it in an interview with Rolling Stones.