CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Commercial success!? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8402)

Higher_Desire 01-13-2005 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
First of all, you know that engineers can do wonders with technology to make your voice sound good on an album... so a voice isn't an issue. Stapp can sound good on an album. It's the live performance that I question.

Yeah, just look at Blink 182. Their albums sound awesome yet they suck live. Albums make Mark Hoppus sound a lot less monotone. (IMO)

H-D :pimp:

Mulletman 01-13-2005 02:04 PM

Exactly, look at Blink. Proves that you can be completely devoid of all talent and still make it rich.

Unforgiven Fan 01-13-2005 02:17 PM

both will not be a big seller...probably make 1 to 3 albums and that is it...that is my prediction anyway....

titan9 01-13-2005 02:19 PM

Like I've said, I think Stapp still has it. Maybe he's not the same vocalist as he was in Creed(based on the live stuff I've heard from him before he had all those vocal problems, he was an awesome vocalist live just like he was on the albums) but I still think he's good. I don't think that's the studios and their technology. I think it's Stapp. Now I do think it's the studios and their technology that make Ashlee Simpson's vocals on the albums acceptable, but that's a whole other story.:laugh:

Higher_Desire 01-13-2005 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulletman
Exactly, look at Blink. Proves that you can be completely devoid of all talent and still make it rich.

Which means there's still hope for me :D lol.

H-D :pimp:

Ana4Stapp 01-22-2005 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Like I've said, I think Stapp still has it. Maybe he's not the same vocalist as he was in Creed(based on the live stuff I've heard from him before he had all those vocal problems, he was an awesome vocalist live just like he was on the albums) but I still think he's good. I don't think that's the studios and their technology. I think it's Stapp. Now I do think it's the studios and their technology that make Ashlee Simpson's vocals on the albums acceptable, but that's a whole other story.:laugh:

You're right: it's Stapp. He's good.:)

Torn Daredevil 01-23-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
You're right: it's Stapp. He's good.:)

No, his voice sucks now. But no doubt it could be made to sound decent on an album. I just don't think his album is ever gonna come out...

PrtytilImPurple 03-28-2005 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil
No, his voice sucks now. But no doubt it could be made to sound decent on an album. I just don't think his album is ever gonna come out...

Oh. I think it will. His album I mean.

tremonti4life04 03-29-2005 12:36 AM

I honestly think that AB will make it further. I wouldnt exactly count stapp out yet, but most people who didnt like creed, didnt like them because of stapp. I think that alter bridge has yet to throw a song out there that will launch them, and i also believe that the song that would get them out there is One Day Remains, because its extremely catchy, and has an uplifting feel to it. Stapp might skyrocket tho, you never know, but i believe that Alter Bridge realllllly needs to get ODR out on the radio so that more people can experience the epic side of alter bridge. Its my opinion that ODR would put them that much further ahead of stapp if it came down to it.

titan9 03-29-2005 09:58 AM

I dunno, but I still see Stapp having more commercial success, that is if he ever releases his solo album. I just think his music is going to be alot more pop radio friendly and, thus, will get more airplay than AB on those stations. Even if people hated Creed 'cause of Stapp, it doesn't really matter. Lots of people hate Britney Spears and Ashlee Simpson, yet they still get alot of airplay on pop radio. So, honestly, I don't see the hatred of Stapp/Creed being a problem for Stapp when it comes to pop radio airplay, which I think he'll get plenty of. But, on the other hand, I do see it being a problem on Rock stations. I can't see Stapp being successful on Rock stations, especially if his music is on the lighter side, which I expect it to be.(that isn't a bad thing, though)

PrtytilImPurple 03-29-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

I can't see Stapp being successful on Rock stations, especially if his music is on the lighter side, which I expect it to be.(that isn't a bad thing, though)

I don't really get why people are assuming it will be pop music. From what I have read Stapp is a big fan of classic rock. The record has a rock producer, and I've heard goneblind. They aren't a pop band. Sure Stapp's stuff will be more radio friendly, but that doesn't automatically translate into Pop music. Creed's stuff was radio friendly and it certainly wasn't Pop music. I actually think that some people are going to be very surprised. Especially those who are just waiting for the guy to fail miserably. I just don't think that's going to happen.

Ann Allusion 03-29-2005 10:21 PM

Quote:

I don't really get why people are assuming it will be pop music.

Nor do I...but the key word here is ASSUMING... ;)

Quote:

From what I have read Stapp is a big fan of classic rock. The record has a rock producer, and I've heard goneblind. They aren't a pop band. Sure Stapp's stuff will be more radio friendly, but that doesn't automatically translate into Pop music. Creed's stuff was radio friendly and it certainly wasn't Pop music.

Exactly... :D

Quote:

I actually think that some people are going to be very surprised. Especially those who are just waiting for the guy to fail miserably. I just don't think that's going to happen.

I'm thinking that "surprised" will just be a beginning...I believe that Stapp and Gone Blind are going to blow a lot of people's minds when the album is done. Good things worth waiting for...and my feeling is, this is going to be one of those "Good Things"...:rockon:

titan9 03-30-2005 01:18 PM

See, I never said I think it'll be "pop" music. What I said was that I think it'll be more "pop radio" friendly than whatever Alter Bridge puts out in the future. Never did I say that Stapp's music is going to be pop, or that he is going to be a pop singer. Lots of rock artists get pop radio airplay with their softer songs, you know, the ballads. It happened to Creed, it happened to Staind, it has happened to a lot of artists from the rock genre. I think Scott's music will be more ballad-ish than Alter Bridge's music, thus, I believe he'll be more successful on pop radio than on rock radio. Of course, Stapp could surprise us with no ballads and actually have a real hard sound to his music, perhaps even harder than AB's sound. Who knows. We haven't heard any of the music that will be on his solo album, so we don't know what kind of music he'll put out.

I'm really anxious to hear some of his solo album. I know it's going to be good.

PrtytilImPurple 03-30-2005 09:23 PM

Quote:

Of course, Stapp could surprise us with no ballads and actually have a real hard sound to his music, perhaps even harder than AB's sound.

Damn...I hope not. I think Alter Bridge is okay but they aren't the future of rock music in my opinion. I don't have a pop station where I live. I listen to a classic rock station and a rock station. The rock station plays just about everything you can imagine. I have nothing against ballads. I've heard stuff by goneblind. Stapp is working with a rock band. As long as it isn't too heavy I actually don't care. You never know. Stapp could have written another song like Higher. You know something that would have that kind of effect. Wouldn't that be cool.

PrtytilImPurple 03-30-2005 09:25 PM

Sorry. Double post