CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New A Perfect Circle album! Not just the remix! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7065)

Dogstar 07-14-2004 01:00 AM

New A Perfect Circle album! Not just the remix!

This is from aperfectcircle.net, posted today on the news page:

"OK, I'd really rather sit on this one until I have all the details nailed down, but I have to let you guys know that I might have been wrong to call the new album rumors bullshit. Virgin has basically confirmed that, despite logic, a genuine new album by A Perfect Circle is to be released November 2nd, along with a remix album and the live DVD. I have no idea how this is possible, but the more I look into it, the more it seems like it's somehow true. Maynard and Billy are both contractually obligated for one more APC record under Virgin, but Maynard is hard at work recording with Tool, and Billy already has a lot of work planned for this summer, personally and professionally. I expect some hardcore speculation as this news circulates, but I'll do all that i can to separate fact from fiction and keep you all informed. More on this to come."

I'm wondering if this is unreleased material or something because I can't really see how they would have time for recording new stuff with what the members are doing now. This may be their way of settling their three-record contract with Virgin, as rumor has it they want out of that label.

aussiecreeder 07-14-2004 06:05 AM

how is this possible? the only thing that makes sense is a b-sides and rarities album.

Dogstar 07-14-2004 11:22 AM

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's got to be stuff that is already recorded because I can't imagine they would have any time to record new stuff. Maynard's working with Tool, Billy's doing his solo stuff and Jeordie is supposedly playing with the Burning Brides (gag)...

aussiecreeder 07-14-2004 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's got to be stuff that is already recorded because I can't imagine they would have any time to record new stuff. Maynard's working with Tool, Billy's doing his solo stuff and Jeordie is supposedly playing with the Burning Brides (gag)...

gag..:D

they've being playing live and now billy and maynard have being off so they couldn't have recorded new material. this could be to get out of their contract i guess, release the stuff that didn't make their albums thus far. if we get this, a remix album (hit and miss i guess) and a live DVD that will carry me over for a little while. :)

Dogstar 07-14-2004 10:38 PM

Yeah, exactly. I was happy the DVD was coming out. I'm not a big fan of remixes, so I'll probably get it just to have it in the collection. The the unreleased stuff should be interesting. There was quite a bit of creative squabbling between Maynard and Billy on Thirteenth Step, so I'm curious to hear what didn't make the cut.

Heh, the Burning Brides just plain suck. I can't believe they were on Conan last night...MAJOR GAG. Blech

aussiecreeder 07-14-2004 10:46 PM

Quote:

Yeah, exactly. I was happy the DVD was coming out. I'm not a big fan of remixes, so I'll probably get it just to have it in the collection. The the unreleased stuff should be interesting. There was quite a bit of creative squabbling between Maynard and Billy on Thirteenth Step, so I'm curious to hear what didn't make the cut.

Heh, the Burning Brides just plain suck. I can't believe they were on Conan last night...MAJOR GAG. Blech

and maynard loves the brides doesn't he? he's a weird one but a genius all the same! :) remixes are hit and miss but if they can get massive attack to do one or two and i guess like danny lohner and kevin andrews will do one or two as well. some will be great and others will be trainwrecks but the DVD should be great. their first album was the best and that was because it was billy's baby IMO.

Dogstar 07-14-2004 10:49 PM

Hahahah, he does love them. He even let Dmitri (guitar and vocals) play during an APC song...blahhhh....I have seen them four times and they have sucked every time. Yeah Lohner is supposed to be good, so we'll see...I see what you mean about MDN vs. Thirteenth Step, but I really have a hard time picking a favorite out of those two. Some days I like MDN better, and other days it's Thirteenth Step. I will be really interested to hear Billy's solo stuff.

SCOTTSMYMAN 07-17-2004 10:44 AM

Interesting!!?? :confused: It will be interesting to see what this album is all about. I'm not going to get into everything you all have said but most likely it's exactly what you've been saying it's gonna be. It will keep me sane from APC withdrawl but I'm also looking forward to some new TOOL. Whatever Billy does is definitely drawing my interest as well!! Just as long as I get Maynard in some shape or form I'm good. :naughty: Now I can't wait till November!!! :dancing:

BTW: Hi , Kerri!! :hugs: Thanks for the info.

Also have to agree with you about the Burning Brides. :vomit: I actually fell asleep at Camden listening to them.

MDN, I have to admit is my favorite album. I love Thirteenth Step too but much more enjoy the first album!!!!

Dogstar 07-18-2004 02:17 AM

Hi, Kris!!! :D...Yeah, I hear ya. I want some Maynard, too :D

luvscott4ever 07-18-2004 02:29 PM

Hey Guys!!! Long time no see!!
I agree, too, of course, I'll take Maynard ANYWAY I can get him!! ;)
The one thing I am hoping for with this remix version, is that they re-do The Nurse Who Loved Me, the way they performed it live....When I first heard the song on the cd, I was like....ewww, definately NOT one of my favs, but....after seeing/hearing it LIVE...ohhhh myyy, kinda like it now!! lol...Also, I too much preferred MDN when 13th Step came out, but now after hearing it waaayyy toooo many times to count (and still loving it) and of course after hearing them all live 7 times, I love them both EQUALLY!!! I can't pick a fav anymore!! I just LOVE MAYNARD!! :luv:

Dogstar 07-18-2004 03:45 PM

Luvscott!! Nice to see ya!

And here's yet another spin, supposedly from Maynard, but with him, you never know, LOL...

This is from tangyzizzle at the apc.org board:

"Went to the Axis of Justice concert last night, where Maynard confirmed that there will be a new APC album come November. Just before singing an acapella version of Joni Mitchell's "The Fiddle and the Drum", Maynard announced to the audience that he is currently recording a "collection of political song" with A Perfect Circle that he hopes to have out in November. What isn't clear is whether this is going to be covers or original music. An added note from apc.net is that Paz will be in on this one to play piano and violin.

So there ya have it...."

aussiecreeder 07-18-2004 09:25 PM

just about to post that....perhaps it will be a mixture of unreleased stuff and covers that are political as i can't imagine a full album of new stuff already.

Dogstar 07-18-2004 10:26 PM

Me, either. Either way, it's Maynard and Billy and I'm interested! :D

Said Eyes 07-22-2004 04:42 AM

Quote:

"An added note from apc.net is that Paz will be in on this one to play piano and violin."

<3

The whole cd is great news, but that one sentance made my week.

aussiecreeder 07-22-2004 07:59 AM

bring back paz....eye candy! :D