CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed Needs Another Guitarist (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=430)

Stephen@UK 11-06-2002 03:32 PM

Creed Needs Another Guitarist

I Think Creed Needs Another Guitarist
Mark Tremonti is very good but they need
a better sound than just one guitar
Metalica have a very good sound because the have 2 Guitarists
I Think Creeds Overall Image Would Change Greatly

Unforgiven Fan 11-06-2002 05:05 PM

creed would sound better with a second guitarist....

Bridge of Clay 11-06-2002 05:52 PM

no way!!!

Mark already stated that in the old days of Creed there was a second guitarrist, but it didnīt work it out...

And a second one wouldnīt have the balance that Mark and Stapp have, their chemistry in one in a million!

TeriB19 11-06-2002 09:09 PM

I think Creed sounds fine just the way they are. The only change they need to make is to have a permanent bassist, Brett.

hayley 11-06-2002 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by N30°14'?.7 W84°
no way!!!

Mark already stated that in the old days of Creed there was a second guitarrist, but it didnīt work it out...

And a second one wouldnīt have the balance that Mark and Stapp have, their chemistry in one in a million!

I agree....Mark is brilliant...they don't need another one.

Read JDM 11-06-2002 11:00 PM

You act like having two guitarists is the norm, though, which it's pretty much not. I mean, yeah, there are plenty of 5-member rock bands, and even some with only 3 members (Creed's excluded here because it used to be 4 and will be again someday), but 4 is definitely the most common and it seems to work. I think it would only downplay Mark's talents.

TeriB19 11-06-2002 11:19 PM

Really. Mark has been very capable all these years and adding another guitarist would not only downplay Mark's talent, but it would be hard for the fans to accept another guitar player. It was hard for me to get used to Brett in the beginning but I know they needed a bassist and he is very capable himself. But adding another guitar player is not necessary.

Dogstar 11-06-2002 11:24 PM

Yeah, I think adding a guitarist would affect the band's chemistry. I think it would disrupt the balance of the Tremonti/Stapp writing combo. Besides, he's a wonderful guitarist and I wouldn't want his sound diminished by another player. His sound is one of the main reasons I'm such a fan of Creed.

TeriB19 11-06-2002 11:29 PM

Creed needs another guitarist like a fish needs a bicycle.:D

Dogstar 11-06-2002 11:30 PM

LOL!:D

luvscott4ever 11-06-2002 11:30 PM

exactly!! Creed ROCKS, just the way they are!! :band: :chic:

TeriB19 11-06-2002 11:34 PM

Ok is the dancing chicken suppose to be Scott or is the smilie with the mic suppose to be Scott? Because the dancing chicken bears a striking resemblance to Brett with his new Samurai 'do dancing around the stage.

Bridge of Clay 11-07-2002 10:50 AM

yeah!
and anyway, Scott was playing background guitar too... I mean, at least he was, when the tour began... is he still playing it?

allison 11-07-2002 11:53 AM

Hmmmm, I don't really think so.

JenRN 11-07-2002 01:29 PM

Creed is just great the way they are!!! Actually in early February when I saw them in Washington DC there were a couple of songs Brett ruined with his bass playing it sounded terrible!! Scott even had a real pissed off look on his face during that song, I don't know if Brett was still in his Virgos mode or what, seeing they played right before Creed came out! well I guess Tantric came on right before Creed, Virgos was first! But I do have to say Brett has fixed the problem, he sounds much more compatible with Mark than he was at first. Hey.... It is hard to meet up to Mark's talents!!! Don't you agree?