CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Mother Sues Coors For Son's Death... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6359)

Steve 04-18-2004 11:53 PM

Mother Sues Coors For Son's Death...

Taken from FoxNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,117447,00.html)

RENO, Nev. — The mother of a 19-year-old killed in a traffic accident is suing Coors Brewing Co. (search), claiming that it promotes underage drinking.

Jodie Pisco, of Reno (search), contends Coors has failed in its duty to protect the country's youth from drinking. Her son, Ryan, was killed in 2002 after he drank Coors at a party and drove his girlfriend's car into a light pole at 90 mph, the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Washoe County District Court (search), seeks unspecified damages. It accused Coors of "glorifying a culture of youth, sex and glamour while hiding the dangers of alcohol abuse and addiction."

Laura Sankey, a spokeswoman for Golden, Colo.-based Coors, said that although she could not comment on pending litigation, the company "doesn't want underage consumers — period."

"Tragedies like this further reinforce why the fight against underage drinking and drunk driving must continue," Sankey told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

Also named in the suit were Ryan Pisco's girlfriend and her mother. The lawsuit alleges the girlfriend allowed Pisco, who lacked a valid driver's license, to drive off in her car, which had been given to her by her mother.

----

Is this complete BS or what? Why doesn't this mother stop trying to find someone else to blame for her son's death and blame the one responsible - her son?

RMadd 04-19-2004 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Is this complete BS or what? Why doesn't this mother stop trying to find someone else to blame for her son's death and blame the one responsible - her son?

no kidding! and the girlfriend and her mom are also involved?! god, they're all morons!

facelessman 04-19-2004 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
no kidding! and the girlfriend and her mom are also involved?! god, they're all morons!

i know

Lechium 04-19-2004 01:13 AM

He was drinking shitty beer.
Correction -- he CHOSE to drink shitty beer.
That already show's he's a dumbass... than he decied to drive while drunk... I'd love to see Coors being suied or even banckrupt for making abomination which they call beer, but it was all his fault.

Higher_Desire 04-19-2004 01:40 AM

Although what happened sucks, maybe she should be less concerned about what beer did to her kid and more about how SHE could have prevented it. Alcohol companies do usually have disclaimers about underage drinking (drinking and driving, drink responsibly, etc.) and they cannot control what happens to people who do choose to drink or how old they are. If he was drinking another brand of beer, it still would have happened. Maybe instead of suing Coors, she should sue the people who actually gave him the beer to drink at the party.

H-D :darkdance

Trees of Wisdom 04-19-2004 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
Although what happened sucks, maybe she should be less concerned about what beer did to her kid and more about how SHE could have prevented it. Alcohol companies do usually have disclaimers about underage drinking (drinking and driving, drink responsibly, etc.) and they cannot control what happens to people who do choose to drink or how old they are. If he was drinking another brand of beer, it still would have happened. Maybe instead of suing Coors, she should sue the people who actually gave him the beer to drink at the party.

H-D :darkdance

Werd!

Dogstar 04-19-2004 01:53 AM

Maybe his parents should have done a better job of teaching him about the dangers of drinking and driving. Steve is right. This is complete BS.

Said Eyes 04-19-2004 04:17 AM

Looks like another example of people looking to blame anyone but themselves. Guy who drinks and drives deserves what he gets frankly.

Coors arent entirely blameless after allowing a 19 year old to drink, but they can't be held responsible for things he does after leaving the party, or can they!

aussiecreeder 04-19-2004 04:29 AM

exactly, people should take responsblity for their own actions! it looks like the brewer was not negligent and the retailer didn't sell their product to an underage drinker. the girlfriend's mother could be in a bit of trouble though!

TeriB19 04-19-2004 06:11 AM

Where does the mother's parental responsibility come in to play here? Why didn't she do something to prevent her son from consuming alcohol then getting behind the wheel?? It isn't the responsibility of the Coors Brewing Company to insure she instills in her son the ability to determine right from wrong. I'm sorry for her loss, but her lawsuit is complete bullcrap.

Steve 04-19-2004 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium
That already show's he's a dumbass... than he decied to drive while drunk... I'd love to see Coors being suied or even banckrupt for making abomination which they call beer, but it was all his fault.

Ain't that the fact... I've been to a party that had Coors (because it's usually the cheapest keg heh)... maybe I should start a class action lawsuit against Coors because their product is crap!!! ;)

Higher_Desire 04-19-2004 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Ain't that the fact... I've been to a party that had Coors (because it's usually the cheapest keg heh)... maybe I should start a class action lawsuit against Coors because their product is crap!!! ;)

hahaha. Coors is what a lot of people drink here at school because since it's so cheap, it's all they can afford. Sometimes you'll see some Rolling Rock or Fat Tire, but it's rare.

H-D :naughty:

GoodGodGirl23 04-19-2004 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Said Eyes
Looks like another example of people looking to blame anyone but themselves. Guy who drinks and drives deserves what he gets frankly.

Coors arent entirely blameless after allowing a 19 year old to drink, but they can't be held responsible for things he does after leaving the party, or can they!

Hmmmm, maybe I could have sued the hospital for not watching my son, when he hung himself to death with his bedsheet? Just kidding.... :rolleyes:

RMadd 04-19-2004 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium

got that right! :hammerlol

RMadd 04-19-2004 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
hahaha. Coors is what a lot of people drink here at school because since it's so cheap, it's all they can afford. Sometimes you'll see some Rolling Rock or Fat Tire, but it's rare.[/b] :naughty:

Keystone seems to be fairly prevalent here... it's insanely cheap, but tastes like piss, and it gives you shits like nothing else!