CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Michael, I need your help (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6422)

tremonti4life04 04-24-2004 01:44 PM

Michael, I need your help

Ok, this question has been bugging me for the longest time, because i may not have heard how fast tremonti really is on guitar. I was wondering michael, when it comes to speed on guitar, what guitarist is Mark most comparable to. Is he mind numbingly fast, doing sweeps and stuff like Steve Vai, or is he more comparable to dimebagg darrels speed? This has been bugging me for a long time simply because i dont know if ive heard him at his fastest. I know hes doing a solo on a Michael Angelo Batio album, and Batio is mind numbingly fast, but is mark that fast?

hide 04-25-2004 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tremonti4life04
Ok, this question has been bugging me for the longest time, because i may not have heard how fast tremonti really is on guitar. I was wondering michael, when it comes to speed on guitar, what guitarist is Mark most comparable to. Is he mind numbingly fast, doing sweeps and stuff like Steve Vai, or is he more comparable to dimebagg darrels speed? This has been bugging me for a long time simply because i dont know if ive heard him at his fastest. I know hes doing a solo on a Michael Angelo Batio album, and Batio is mind numbingly fast, but is mark that fast?

i'm not Michael but I seem to recall Troy Stetina saying something like "i've never seen anyone quicker then Mark" Mark is a great guitar player but I think he is a great songwriter who can play guitar at an awesome level rather then a virtuoso.

hide 04-25-2004 09:42 AM

hey Michal I can see you lurking, start posting buddy! :D ( i hope i don't scare him off) :(

hide 04-25-2004 09:52 AM

oh man he got bored, he was on and no-one was here to get him to stick around! come on people lift up your games, get away from that tele! :D

Gabriel 04-25-2004 11:11 AM

To be honest I don't know too much about guitar playing. I know that Bill Peck has told me that Mark has one of the faster right hands he's seen.

Michael

aussiecreeder 04-25-2004 11:17 AM

it would be i imagine so difficult to become some sort of virtuso and still be a top songwriter. the amount of time it would take with practice would mean you wouldn't have time to devote to the craft of songwriting that has to be no.1 IMO.

tremonti4life04 04-26-2004 03:22 AM

Hey, thanks for the feedback. See, I'm a really really big guitar nut, I follow bands whos guitarists attract me (force of habit) and I know that tremonti is good, but Ive been wondering who he's comparable to. Thanks for the info michael, its a big help because right hand speed/coordination is a big big big big part of playin guitar fast. I just hope that someday i can get my band out there and get stuff goin because im not really liking the music scene right now and i would like to jump in and try to correct it :D . Im really thankful for the info tho michael, you and ur brother are my heros.

titanguy9 04-26-2004 07:13 AM

god the music scene is terrible, im surprised the darkness is making it. All these punk bands are get straighten by Darkness kick @$$ solos

The Lithium 04-26-2004 08:59 AM

Mark is my fav guitarist for a reason... He's the best! And he's DEAD fast!!

aussiecreeder 04-26-2004 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titanguy9
god the music scene is terrible, im surprised the darkness is making it. All these punk bands are get straighten by Darkness kick @$$ solos

The Darkness have great solos but Hawkin's falsetto annoys the crap out of me.

The Lithium 05-03-2004 11:55 AM

Yeah, but guess what!! Creed have great solos, and Scott Stapp's voice is just amazing!!

aussiecreeder 05-03-2004 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM
Yeah, but guess what!! Creed have great solos, and Scott Stapp's voice is just amazing!!

ummm well stapp's voice is better then hawkins can't argue with that! :) they play those 80 style solos which is cool, just that the singing is crap as i said before.

facelessman 05-04-2004 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM
Mark is my fav guitarist for a reason... He's the best! And he's DEAD fast!!

you would say something like that, haha

Dogstar 05-04-2004 01:54 PM

Yeah, Hawkins' voice is annoying!

tremonti4life04 05-05-2004 12:06 AM

id sell my soul to be able to hit hawkins notes tho