CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Dream Theater! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9084)

Wylde-Tremonti 05-07-2005 11:44 AM

Dream Theater!

Dream Theater Fans Asseble!!

Dream Theater have completed work on their 8th full length studio album entitled "OCTAVARIUM" which is tentatively set for release through Atlantic Records on June 7th, 2005.

The track listing is as follows:

The Root Of All Evil
The Answer Lies Within
These Walls
I Walk Beside You
Panic Attack
Never Enough
Sacrificed Sons
Octavarium

Dream Theater's 2005/2006 World Tour will kick off on June 10th in Sweden with a leg of European Festivals and select headlining shows which will then be followed by a North American leg throughout July/August as part of a "package" tour with several other bands TBA very soon.....

:D :D :D :D

RMadd 05-07-2005 12:40 PM

that means, June 7th, if I'm in town I'll walk into Best Buy, grab my GTA: San Andreas for PC and DT's Octavium.... ohhhh yeahhhhhhh

Wylde-Tremonti 05-07-2005 12:55 PM

Damn this has been a good year for Music!!!Steve vai came out with a CD... Paul Gilbert came out with a CD... Zakk Wylde and BLS came out with a CD... And Now Dream Theater!!! I have some major music to catch up on!

aussiecreeder 05-07-2005 08:12 PM

only just really got into this band and really love train of thought particulary "endless sacrifice". images and words is also preddy good and james labrie's solo album is preddy sweet. wylde do you have any idea the sound this album will take?

Wylde-Tremonti 05-07-2005 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
only just really got into this band and really love train of thought particulary "endless sacrifice". images and words is also preddy good and james labrie's solo album is preddy sweet. wylde do you have any idea the sound this album will take?

No Idea... but whatever direction takes... you know it's gonna be awesome!

aussiecreeder 05-12-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
No Idea... but whatever direction takes... you know it's gonna be awesome!

I had a bit of a read on DT's message board cause I wanted to know what to expect from the album. The goss (which has being confirmed btw) is that the last track "octavarium" is a 24 minute long epic. the other tracks range inbetween 5-8 minutes and its 74 odd minutes long in total. there were some 30 second samples posted on the site (which have since being taken down on request from mike portnoy) but the people who downloaded them are having wet dreams over them. it sounds like its going to be heavy but more melodic and not as dark as train of thought.

Wylde-Tremonti 05-12-2005 06:08 PM

Octavarium is long... but it's not as long as "Changing Seasons" That MoFo is 29:30 Min Long!!!

aussiecreeder 05-12-2005 08:52 PM

Quote:

Octavarium is long... but it's not as long as "Changing Seasons" That MoFo is 29:30 Min Long!!!

i haven't got it (yet) but isn't disc 1 of six degrees of inner turbelence one massive song?

Wylde-Tremonti 05-12-2005 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
i haven't got it (yet) but isn't disc 1 of six degrees of inner turbelence one massive song?

I have no idea bro... lol i don't have any of their CDs... lol

aussiecreeder 05-13-2005 10:12 AM

Quote:

and yet you start this thread? oh i see i won't tell the RIAA anything! ;)

Sincirr 05-13-2005 12:08 PM

Quote:

Well U have some money to spend dont ya!:D

Wylde-Tremonti 05-13-2005 06:02 PM

accually... i don't :(

Sincirr 05-14-2005 12:29 AM

:crying:

Wylde-Tremonti 05-14-2005 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sincirr
:crying:

Yeah I Know... There have been a TON of AWESOME CDs that just came out... but i don't have any Money to buy them... Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, and Paul Gilbert all came out with solo CDs in the last few months and i haven't been able to buy any of them... :(

Sincirr 05-14-2005 11:42 AM

Have U heard any of the Paul Gilbert CD? What is he sounding like these days? Is he still shredding heaps or what? I wonder. Is he heaps fusion? I know that Sheehan went fusion, but I wondered where Gilbert would go.