CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   i have to say (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10611)

nagpo 03-02-2006 04:52 PM

i have to say

i am quite looking forward to alter bridges latest album. i didint really like one day remaines but i saw a lot of petentiall the band. any idea of when its comin out?

Drake 03-02-2006 05:01 PM

Re: i have to say

I think it's coming out in this summer, but I don't think there is a official release date.

nagpo 03-02-2006 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake
I think it's coming out in this summer, but I don't think there is a official release date.

cool

Agent D 03-02-2006 05:21 PM

I was just thinking about starting a thread about their next album. I loved ODR and I'm absolutely starved for new Alter Bridge.

GregS 03-02-2006 05:54 PM

Yeah i think its a august or september release. Cant wait!

ABYanks 03-02-2006 06:30 PM

I'm looking to see how they handle this one, because the marketing on ODR sucked. Its frustrating when great bands can't get back on top. Seems to be the similar cry of each right now. Also sophmore CDs tend to be more succesful,(this is only based on what ive observed)

RoffeDH 03-03-2006 05:10 AM

They'll go in to the studio this summer if everything goes well...
The reason they haven't gotten that much of promotion is becouse Screw-Up is doing what they're doing... Screwing up! The guys must leav them and hopefully they'll start their own record lable!...

Finaldecision 03-03-2006 09:58 AM

As far as I heard, they are already recording the second album.

RoffeDH 03-03-2006 10:35 AM

No, they're taking the time off... If they were recording it they would probobly say it... Plus I haven't heared anything bout them leaving Screw-Up yet... And I'm still waiting for it...

Agent D 03-03-2006 05:06 PM

Yeah, I was waiting for them to leave Wind-Up too. At this point, it seems kind of moot.

Torn Daredevil 03-04-2006 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoffeDH
No, they're taking the time off... If they were recording it they would probobly say it... Plus I haven't heared anything bout them leaving Screw-Up yet... And I'm still waiting for it...

Ummmm, no. They are in the studio right now, tracking (recording) the album. It was confirmed on abb.net earlier this week. The reason it wasn't made public is that Michael, the person that would normally keep us up to date, is still recovering from his accident.

So there ya go. We should have an album this summer/fall.

Robin101 03-04-2006 06:05 PM

I think their next album will be far superior. I like ODR, it took awhile, but I like it.

You have to remember that this is the first time Alter Bridge will be writing the material as a 'group'. In very much the same way Creed was Tremonti-Stapp music, this is going to be the first Tremonti-Kennedy album.

Mark has stated that he had most of the lyrics written for ODR remains before Creed officially seperated - he didn't even know who the lead singer was going to be.

Now Mark and Myles can write the material to emphasize Myles insane voice -in very much the same way Mark built the music for Creed around Stapp's vocals. With Myles (hopefully) writing a majority of the lyrics this will allow Mark to concentrate on doing what he does best.

IMO, their next album will be heavier with Myles displaying an even better range than in ODR. It will be very different from ODR.

RoffeDH 03-04-2006 10:00 PM

Yeah... I'm with you on everything exept that Myles will show a better range on the next album... They have said that Myles will take it down a notch, so it'll be heavier... And oh so sweet! :D

guitardude1985 03-04-2006 11:19 PM

Not a day goes by I don't think of what will be of the second album. I hope mark further shows off his newly found scredding abilities. Also, more bass from brian.

Agent D 03-04-2006 11:22 PM

I just hope it comes out soon. I'm seriously dying for some new music from them.