CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Don't you wish you lived in/near Seattle??? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8597)

Steve 02-05-2005 11:56 PM

Don't you wish you lived in/near Seattle???

Former Alice In Chains Members Reunite For Benefit Show

The surviving members of Alice In Chains will perform together for the first time since 1996 at a KRQI "K-Rock"/Seattle tsunami benefit concert. The "K-Rock Tsunami Continued Care Relief Concert" will be held on February 18 at the Premiere Nightclub in Seattle. Guitarist/singer Jerry Cantrell, drummer Sean Kinney, and bassist Mike Inez will make their first public appearance together since the death of singer Layne Staley in April 2002.

Last year, Cantrell told LAUNCH.com that he would perform again with Kinney and Inez at some point. "I'm sure at some point not too far in the future, we'll end up doing something like that, and, you know, just take it a step at a time," Cantrell said. "You know, we're still all healing up from the loss of Layne [Staley] and the final chapter of the band, so to speak, and so we're just taking things slow. But I would say that most definitely a hundred percent chance of us playing in the future is imminent."

The ex-AIC members are not the only Grunge greats on the bill for the concert, as former Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic will also be performing that night. Also performing are Ann Wilson of Heart, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Chris DeGarmo of Queensryche and members of World Music group Children Of A Revolution. Proceeds will go to the international humanitarian organization CARE.

Dogstar 02-06-2005 12:04 AM

I can't tell you how badly I want to go to this :(. It's been the talk of the Cantrell board for a few days now. I'm hoping they tape this thing and sell it on DVD a la Pearl Jam or something, seeing as it's a benefit. Sometimes, I really hate living on the East Coast.

aussiecreeder 02-06-2005 12:14 AM

So who was the guest singer?

TeriB19 02-06-2005 12:17 AM

Sir Mix-A-Lot will be there? Baby Got Back!! Sounds like an awesome show, except for him.

Dogstar 02-06-2005 12:22 AM

LOL, yeah, right now it's Patrick Lachman from Damageplan and other guests, but they aren't saying who. I'm hoping Cornell or Vedder is on the list :D

aussiecreeder 02-06-2005 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
LOL, yeah, right now it's Patrick Lachman from Damageplan and other guests, but they aren't saying who. I'm hoping Cornell or Vedder is on the list :D

yeah that was rumoured although if they got sully from godsmack all hell would break loose! LOL

Dogstar 02-06-2005 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
yeah that was rumoured although if they got sully from godsmack all hell would break loose! LOL

Good God!! There are big-time debates already going on with all the Layne fans pretty pissed off. Bringing Sully up would send them all over the edge :D

aussiecreeder 02-06-2005 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Good God!! There are big-time debates already going on with all the Layne fans pretty pissed off. Bringing Sully up would send them all over the edge :D

It would almost be better than Eddie being replaced by Stapp or Dave and Krist replacing Kurt with the guy from Puddle of Mudd! LOL Got to give Sully credit though....that guy can pound those skins like nothing else.

Dogstar 02-06-2005 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
It would almost be better than Eddie being replaced by Stapp or Dave and Krist replacing Kurt with the guy from Puddle of Mudd! LOL Got to Sully credit though....that guy can pound those skins like nothing else.

LOL, Ok, I'll give him some credit for the drums, but I'm not really a Godsmack fan :D. I did see them with Metallica and the dueling drum solo they do was pretty cool.

aussiecreeder 02-06-2005 12:51 AM

If they did bring Sully out it would make the GNR riot look like a scout meeting! lol

Dogstar 02-06-2005 01:41 AM

Hahah, yeah for real!

Higher_Desire 02-06-2005 02:10 PM

I DO LIVE NEAR SEATTLE! Except for right now when I'm at school... otherwise I'm only an hour and a half away from there. :( It's cool their getting all those Seattle musicians together for a show (or one's that at least live there now). Too bad I'll be getting ready to go to Mexico on that day.

H-D :pimp:

DekWannaBFlea 02-07-2005 02:06 AM

Bleh. AIC is decent but not nearly good enough for me to drive/fly half across country to see them.

aussiecreeder 02-07-2005 02:09 AM

hey they're better than the peppers! lol too far from here though..... :(

DekWannaBFlea 02-07-2005 02:11 AM

Don't get me started on that again.