CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Since Scott Stapp sings Creed songs, should Alter Bridge? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10171)

alterbridge9 12-13-2005 12:49 AM

Since Scott Stapp sings Creed songs, should Alter Bridge?

Since Scott Stapp plays Creed songs when he performs live should Alter Bridge throw a few in there just to prove a point? I wouldn't mind if they played a few songs from the My Own Prison album just to show that they are far superior to Scott Stapps solo effort. But then again I think it could also ruin their reputation. So should they or no? If they did would you be upset?

Dogstar 12-13-2005 12:53 AM

What point would AB be proving? I personally don't want to hear either of them do Creed songs. I'm not ready to hear them from anyone but them together, and that's not happening any time soon, so no, I don't think AB should play them.

evyllsummer 12-13-2005 12:59 AM

well, I would only want them to do a Creed song or two if they were ALSO going to do a Mayfield Four song or two...in any case, I doubt that Mark is going to do it, as he wants to put Creed as far into the rear view as possible...

RoffeDH 12-13-2005 04:47 AM

I would hate it if they did! I think it would ruin their show toataly! Theye're not Creed, and don't wish to do any covers of their own songs! I would get realy dissapointed if they did...

SummerGirl 12-13-2005 08:49 AM

Did someone mention live Mayfield Four songs? *quivers* :smokin:

uncertaindrumer 12-13-2005 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerGirl
Did someone mention live Mayfield Four songs? *quivers* :smokin:

Same reaction I had... lol

broken_wing 12-13-2005 10:13 AM

I dont think they should, as RoffeDH already said, Alter Bridge are not Creed. When Creed were around there wasnt any other band who i wanted to see live more, but now we have to accept the fact that they arent around anymore and look at what we have as a result of the split; IMO a better band than Creed ever were.

Plus i really think it would bring down the reputation of Alter Bridge's live shows...

Trimontana 12-13-2005 10:57 AM

I would like that they play Mayfield Four songs....it would be wicked!!!! ;)
I have never been insterested about Creed songs....they wont play them anyway and i think is the best option they took. They dont need it anyway...they are AB and not Creed.

GregS 12-13-2005 12:49 PM

Ye , it just wouldnt be right for AB to peform creed songs as mark said in August issue of guitarone " Myles wont be able 2 hit the high notes " lol :D

Trimontana 12-13-2005 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregS
Ye , it just wouldnt be right for AB to peform creed songs as mark said in August issue of guitarone " Myles wont be able 2 hit the high notes " lol :D

I dont think Mark said that seriously about Myles. Myles actually can hit hit notes on Creed songs...after seen him live and how magnificent he sings live i bet he can do it without problems

titan9 12-13-2005 01:11 PM

Like I've said from the beginning, I'm against either of them playing Creed songs. The only way I'd want to hear Creed songs live again is if the band reunites.....which doesn't seem likely at this point.

If Alter Bridge did Creed songs, the vocals would sound very strange.

If Scott does Creed songs(and he will), the backing music probably won't sound the same.

Like Dogstar said, I'm just not ready to see the separate entities performing the songs live again.

GregS 12-13-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trimontana
I dont think Mark said that seriously about Myles. Myles actually can hit hit notes on Creed songs...after seen him live and how magnificent he sings live i bet he can do it without problems

I know he didnt say it seriously , it was a joke

geletmote 12-13-2005 10:15 PM

Well I think that if they were to play a song, it should only be TORN, because wrote that whole song from lyrics to tabs, It would be okay I guess if they jsut did that.

Vliegs 12-13-2005 10:38 PM

It'd be interesting to hear Myles do "Torn"

evyllsummer 12-13-2005 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vliegs
It'd be interesting to hear Myles do "Torn"

well, if only to hear Brian's bass on that song...it's quite good...