CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Just watched Stapp perform the National Anthem at the Nascar race today (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9984)

titan9 11-20-2005 04:02 PM

Just watched Stapp perform the National Anthem at the Nascar race today

I have to say, he did better with it than I expected. Definitely wasn't as flat with this performance as he was with the one at the World Series in '04. He stayed in a low-pitch voice for most of the song, and only raised it here and there. When he did, he still didn't sound flat. Overall, I'd say he did good with it, considering that the song definitely isn't a perfect choice for baritones(on a side note: can you imagine Myles Kennedy singing it? He'd be perfect for it, lol). For those who didn't feel like sitting through the boring Nascar pre-game show and thus probably didn't catch the performance, PBF(www.passionbreedsfollowers) should have a video of it up fairly shortly, I'd imagine.

Discuss

INDIGOSTEVE 11-20-2005 04:33 PM

this is a hard song for his type of voice he did start out shakey but then turned it around, overall pretty good job. now leno on wed night!

Steve 11-20-2005 05:46 PM

Ya, the beginning was really off. He sounded better as he went on.

Dogstar 11-20-2005 06:31 PM

That song is hard for a lot of people to sing.

Ana4Stapp 11-20-2005 08:01 PM

Is that available on PBF?? I cant find it... :(

Bridge of Clay 11-20-2005 08:22 PM

Sorry, but I thought it was bad: no timing, (minor) cracking voice on the beginning and struggle to raise his range by the end.

It was better than World Series, definately.

But I think the lack of music on the background got in his way, though. It's hard to get the rythim flowing when you're singing a capella.

uncertaindrumer 11-20-2005 08:37 PM

If even you guys thought parts were bad... I'm sure I woulda hated it. A

I'll be off for a couple days. See you guys Friday.

Ana4Stapp 11-20-2005 08:59 PM

^
any doubt about it?
:rolleyes:

titan9 11-20-2005 09:16 PM

It's a tough song to sing, even for tenors WITH backing music. Gotta give Stapp props for doing a good job with it. Granted, he didn't sound as good as a female singer with great range would have, but he still sounded good, imo. I only watched it once, so I didn't listen for any kind of vocal imperfections. ;) I agree, he did start out shaky at first, but I think that is to be expected given all of the pressure/stress involved in performing the National Anthem in front of that many fans. Did anyone else notice how he flubbed toward the end? He said "as" instead of "o'er". After the song was done, you could tell he was a bit embarassed because he goofed it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer

Oh whatever will we do without your blatant Stapp hating for the next 5 days? :laugh: Just kidding, of course. Have a good Thanksgiving.

Bridge of Clay 11-20-2005 09:24 PM

true that!

Man... I have a video that's frickin' funny! It's some sort of hockey game, I'm not sure if it's NHL though. She goes to the center of the ice to sing the national anthem... then she starts singing it and forgets the words, goes back to the entrance to get a paper with the lyrics and when she's heading back to the ice, she falls down!

LMAO! They totally boo'ed her. She ran to the locker room after standing up!

I can upload it if you want!

Ana4Stapp 11-20-2005 09:27 PM

Definitely a hard song to sing.... and a capella... ;)

Quote:

Oh whatever will we do without your blatant Stapp hating for the next 5 days? Just kidding, of course. Have a good Thanksgiving.

LOL!!!!! But one question, Titan...since Stephen didnt see Stapps performing National Anthem dont you think he should go to PBF? :rolleyes:

RMadd 11-21-2005 02:21 AM

Quote:

If even you guys thought parts were bad... I'm sure I woulda hated it. A

have a great Thanksgiving break!

Ana4Stapp 11-21-2005 03:59 AM

Quote:

If even you guys thought parts were bad... I'm sure I woulda hated it.

Bon Voyage! Wishing you a great Thanksgiving ;)

The Lithium 11-21-2005 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay

Yeah, do that! :D

titan9 11-23-2005 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
Man... I have a video that's frickin' funny! It's some sort of hockey game, I'm not sure if it's NHL though. She goes to the center of the ice to sing the national anthem... then she starts singing it and forgets the words, goes back to the entrance to get a paper with the lyrics and when she's heading back to the ice, she falls down!

Heh, I remember that. It was a hockey game last year, I think. They showed it a lot on TV here in the US after it happened. Very funny clip, but you gotta feel for that girl. Afterall, it would be pretty embarrassing to (1) forget the words to the National Anthem and (2) fall on the ice. :laugh: