CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   authorship of Torn? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5560)

hide 01-17-2004 06:45 AM

authorship of Torn?

I had always thought that this was soley a Tremonti tune but in the HOB version so graciously supplied by Jez Stapp saids something akin to "I always set aside some time each day to feel the way I did when we wrote this song". I guess basically every Creed song is a partnership between the two and even though some songs are more Tremonti then Stapp and vice versa there are not songs that are only written by one or the other!

Jez 01-17-2004 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide
I had always thought that this was soley a Tremonti tune but in the HOB version so graciously supplied by Jez Stapp saids something akin to "I always set aside some time each day to feel the way I did when we wrote this song". I guess basically every Creed song is a partnership between the two and even though some songs are more Tremonti then Stapp and vice versa there are not songs that are only written by one or the other!

Hey Hide.....would you mind adding a comma between my name and Stapp's so people don't think that I am calling myself Jez Stapp? LOL!!

Mulletman 01-17-2004 11:36 AM

yea he says that a lot. Mark wrote the entire lyrics to the song about his ex. I'm guessing that he means when they composed the entire song...

Creed_Defaultgirl 01-17-2004 01:04 PM

I heard that it was Stapp. Because on the behind the music or whatever it was on vh1, Scott was saying he woke up in the middle of the night and just felt like writing. I think I have that on tape, somewhere. :dunno:

Mulletman 01-17-2004 01:35 PM

yea i know what you were talking about, they even show the lyrics writen out on a piece of paper.

Gabriel 01-17-2004 06:11 PM

Mark wrote all of Torn, music, lyrics and melodys.

Michael

Bridge of Clay 01-17-2004 06:37 PM

a-ham!!!!!!! nice! thanks, Michael! :)

What other lyrics he wrote?

Gabriel 01-17-2004 07:05 PM

On the MOP album? The first verse and chorus for Whats This Life For. Chorus for Pity For a Dime. Chorus for My Own Prison(the part he sings). I think thats about it on that cd. Scott handled 90% of the lyrics on that cd. Until recently Mark was more of the melody guy than a lyricist.

Michael

Bridge of Clay 01-17-2004 07:17 PM

sweet!!!

Would I be abbusing of your goodwill if I asked about the other albums as well? :p :)

hide 01-17-2004 09:49 PM

thanks heaps Mick (can I call you that LOL) I was hoping you would see my thread and let us know. I guess its just how Scott worded his little intro at HOB that confused me because I had heard interviews where Mark claims the authorship and obviously rightly so. Good to know what parts he wrote during MOP although it would be great to know what he wrote in the other 2 albums as well. I realise Hide is one that you are not sure of and that is cool.

Can't wait to see what lyrics Mr. Tremontized comes up with this new group, some great ones he has done so far including "We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one

creedsister 01-17-2004 09:59 PM

``````]]]]]]]]]

hayley 01-17-2004 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel
On the MOP album? The first verse and chorus for Whats This Life For. Chorus for Pity For a Dime. Chorus for My Own Prison(the part he sings). I think thats about it on that cd. Scott handled 90% of the lyrics on that cd. Until recently Mark was more of the melody guy than a lyricist.

Michael

Wow, there's something I didn't know. Thanks for that, Michael. :D

JulieCitySlicker 01-17-2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel

Michael

Cool :cool: Thanks for the info man :)

hide 01-17-2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
Wow, there's something I didn't know. Thanks for that, Michael. :D

i knew basically all that Michael told us but i had no idea about Pity for a Dime!

Gabriel 01-17-2004 10:31 PM

Well we were just talking lyrics so on Pity all Mark wrote was "sell my pity for a dime, just one dime." The only reason I even know that was because before Creed started Mark had that song and sang that part all the damn time and hummed the rest of it.

Michael