CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Lent? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5954)

PaulMcCoygirl 02-25-2004 11:17 PM

Lent?

Did any of you give up anything for Lent?

I gave up sweets, and talking about people. It has been so hard today not to do that. My friends aren't helping much either :rolleyes: , but I survived today. :D Only 39 more to go!

TeriB19 02-25-2004 11:42 PM

I gave up crack and prostituting myself. I know it's tough but I think I can make it. :D

SCOTTSMYMAN 02-26-2004 09:59 AM

:laugh: :roll: funny Teri!

TeriB19 02-26-2004 11:28 AM

:smokin: Oh well.

:flasher: :godown: That didn't last long.

Sheila63 02-26-2004 12:17 PM

I gave up chocolate for lent. Good Luck, with giving up sweets and talking about people, Alisha. :)

luvscott4ever 02-26-2004 02:43 PM

Teri, you are just waaaayyy toooo funny!!! Your such a nut!!

PaulMcCoygirl 02-27-2004 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
I gave up crack and prostituting myself. I know it's tough but I think I can make it. :D

:eek: LOL!!!

RMadd 02-27-2004 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19

:hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol :hammerlol
well, so much for me giving up the wacktarded smilies

Rune 02-27-2004 11:27 PM

i tried to give up school for 40 days, but for some reason my parents didn't like that idea...

I next tried to give up getting a haircut for 40 days (and had already done so for the last 3 months). Needless to say, the day after lent i went into the bathroom, ran my hands through my hair and noticed i had an afro, so i shaved my head lol.

I'm trying to think of something good to give up, but most of what i do is school, music, and my personal life, so i don't have much of anything i can give up.

On a lighter note, my friend said he was giving up cursing for the 40 days. Just an FYI for you all, i have an incredible talent of getting under people's skin, and naturally i had him saying the F word about 4 times before the end of 3rd period lol

PaulMcCoygirl 02-29-2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune
On a lighter note, my friend said he was giving up cursing for the 40 days. Just an FYI for you all, i have an incredible talent of getting under people's skin, and naturally i had him saying the F word about 4 times before the end of 3rd period lol

:lolsign:

Luke4488 03-07-2004 08:21 PM

I didnt give anything up for lent. But I respect u guys who do, that takes a lot of dedication. :bow: I never practiced it because i was always taught that lent wasnt necessary.

:think: But.....maybe my parents would buy me giving up chores for lent :dunno:

SCOTTSMYMAN 03-12-2004 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke4488
I didnt give anything up for lent. But I respect u guys who do, that takes a lot of dedication. :bow: I never practiced it because i was always taught that lent wasnt necessary.

:think: But.....maybe my parents would buy me giving up chores for lent :dunno:

I tried that once and it didn't work :laugh:

I didn't give anything up either! The only thing I'm addicted to is being here and I am not giving CF up!! Sorry!!

Mulletman 03-12-2004 12:15 PM

Yea, I took up smoking and then gave that up for lent. ;) I didnt give anything up, im not strong enough to. that and im forgetful. personally I think giving up meat is bad enough. Specially in texas. that should be criminal. But for those of you all that gave up something, more power to ya.

The Lithium 04-07-2004 05:00 PM

LOL :D