CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The Stapp problem. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5806)

TeriB19 02-09-2004 11:20 PM

First Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FEREZ1
i'm so glad Mark and Flip have broke free from him so that they can go on and acheive their true potential. Unlike Stapp they seen to be pretty down to earth people, though they will probably never get the respect they deserve because people see them as the same as Stapp.
Mark has the potential to be one of the greatest rock guitarists of modern times!
I adore Creed. They have written some amazing songs The best is yet to come,

Then.........
Quote:

I used to like creed, but then i discovered Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana etc... you know, REAL rock bands, not this watered down, manufactured rubbish you all listen to.
In fifty years time, when these bands are remembered for being the geniuses they are, i guarentee all you idiots will look back and say, "god, that guy was right! i used to listen to some right crap!"
You are probably all pre-pubescent kids who think creed are the shit!! A real rock fan knows that Creed are an embarrassment to the rock scene, and their insults are deserved. You want facts to back that up? Look at all the best albums lists. No creed mate! In fifty years time no one will remember them. They are just a fad, romanticized by naive youngsters who think Stapp is the next Robert Plant. Creed have no respect amongst their peers, because real musicians know who the phonies are! They laugh at them because they see them for the joke they are, and selling millions of records dont make you the bleedin Beatles, just ask Britney Spears.

Hmm, now is it just me, or is this person talking out of both sides of his mouth? I smell a troll.

And yes, I take offense to the yankee crap remark. This is just my opinion, take it for what it's worth, but if it looks like a troll and smells like a troll, chances are......

JulieCitySlicker 02-09-2004 11:24 PM

Darn right Teri ;)

Chris98GT 02-09-2004 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieLovesCreed
Look who's back

[eminem] Back again....

*dances*

:smokin:

JulieCitySlicker 02-09-2004 11:40 PM

:cool:

DangerousDan85 02-09-2004 11:47 PM

damn 755 views, 93 responses, this guy can really stir up shit, lol

DangerousDan85 02-10-2004 12:07 AM

Quote:

You want facts to back that up? Look at all the best albums lists. No creed mate! In fifty years time no one will remember them. They are just a fad, romanticized by naive youngsters who think Stapp is the next Robert Plant. Creed have no respect amongst their peers, because real musicians know who the phonies are!

hmmm, in the past 6 years, Creed has accomplished more than most bands could dream of, "no respect", "just a fad", i think not

Weathered tied The Beatles' Anthology for the most consecutive weeks (8) at Number One on Billboard's Top 200 chart since the beginning of the SoundScan era (1991).

First band with seven consecutive Number One Rock Radio singles.

First band in history to have four Number One Rock Radio singles from a debut album.

First band to have the first three singles from every album released chart simultaneously at the Active Rock format.

"Higher" broke the Active and Mainstream Rock airplay records for the most consecutive weeks at number one, holding the coveted spot for eighteen weeks.

YEAR 2003

AWARDS

People's Choice Awards
-Favorite Musical Group or Band (split with Dixie Chicks)

American Music Awards
-Favorite Band, Duo or Group - Pop or Rock n' Roll Music
-Favorite Artist - Alternative Music

2003 Grammy nomination:
-Best Rock Performance by Duo or Group

BMI Pop Awards
-"With Arms Wide Open" (2nd award)

YEAR 2002

AWARDS

Guitar World - Readers Poll
-Best Rock Guitar Album - Weathered
-Best Rock Guitarist 2002 - Mark Tremonti

Billboard Awards
-Group/Duo of the Year
-Group/Duo Albums Artist of the Year
-Catalog Artist of the Year
-Catalog Album of the Year: Human Clay

VH1 Awards
-Hit Me Baby One More Time (best new album from a hitmaker)

YEAR 2001

AWARDS

2001 Grammy Award for Best Rock Song - "With Arms Wide Open" (Scott Stapp / Mark Tremonti songwriters)

2001 Grammy Nominations:
-Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal - "With Arms Wide Open"
-Songwriters Award - Best Rock Song - "With Arms Wide Open" (Scott Stapp / Mark Tremonti, songwriters)

Billboard Awards
-Catalog Artist of the Year: Creed
-Catalog Album of the Year: Creed, My Own Prison

Blockbuster Awards Nominations:
-Favorite Group of the Year
-Favorite Rock Group
-Favorite CD
-Favorite Single ("Higher")

Juno Awards Nomination (Canada's version of the Grammys)
-Best Selling Album - Human Clay

American Music Awards:
-Favorite Alternative Artist
-Favorite Pop/Rock Album - Human Clay

NARM Convention Awards:
-Best Selling Rock Recording
-Best Selling Chartmaker Recording

Guitar World - Readers Poll
Best Rock Guitarist 2001 - Mark Tremonti

YEAR 2000

AWARDS

2000 MyVH1 Music Awards:
-Group of the Year
-Song of the Year - "Higher"
-Welcome to the Big Time
-2 For 2

2000 Billboard Music Awards:
-Rock Artist of the Year

2000 Radio Music Awards:
-Alternative/Active Rock Song of the Year - "With Arms Wide Open"
-Alternative/Active Rock Group of the Year

BMI Songwriters' Awards
-Pop Award - "Higher" (Scott Stapp / Mark Tremonti songwriters)
-Pop Award - "With Arms Wide Open" (Scott Stapp / Mark Tremonti songwriters)

Album Network
-Artist of the Year
-CD of the year - Human Clay

Guitar One Magazine Best Rock Guitarist - Mark Tremonti

CHARTS

BILLBOARD MONITOR
Active Rock #1 Artist

Mainstream Rock Radio
#1 Artist
#4 Song "Higher"
#5 Song "With Arms Wide Open"

Heritage Rock Radio
#1 Artist
#2 Song "Higher"
#3 Song "With Arms Wide Open"

Top 40 Radio
#4 Artist
#4 Song "Higher"

Modern A/C Radio
#2 Artist
#4 Song "Higher"

Rock Radio
#2 Song "With Arms Wide Open"
#6 Song "Higher"

CHR/Pop Radio
#3 Song "Higher"

ALBUM NETWORK MAGAZINE
Album of the Year - Human Clay
Rock Artist of the Year
#1 Most-Played Rock Album of the Year - Human Clay

My Own Prison spent 33 consecutive weeks at #1 on Billboard's Top 200 Catalog Chart.

VH1's "Behind The Music" on CREED was the 4th highest rated episode for the Emmy nominated program.

Played live in front of over 1 million fans in just 90 dates in the United States.

Between 1998 and 2000, CREED played to more than four million fans worldwide, not including the enormous crowd who witnessed their performance at Woodstock '99

YEAR 1999

Human Clay debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 Charts in the United States
Human Clay debuted at #1 in Canada

1999 Billboard Music Awards
-Rock Artist of the Year
-Rock Song of the Year - "One"

BMI Songwriters' Awards
-Pop Award - "What's This Life For" (Scott Stapp / Mark Tremonti songwriters)
-Pop Award - "One" (Scott Stapp / Mark Tremonti songwriters)

YEAR 1998

1998 Billboard Music Awards:
-Rock Artist of the Year

Album Network
CD of the Year - My Own Prison

BMI Songwriters' Awards
-Pop Award - "My Own Prison" (Scott Stapp / Mark Tremonti songwriters)

My Own Prison was the #1-selling Hard Music album on SoundScan's Hard Music chart

creedlvr 02-10-2004 12:50 AM

You rock, Dan!!!

TeriB19 02-10-2004 06:36 AM

Enough said. Thanks Dan.

JenRN 02-10-2004 07:15 AM

Quote:

Wat u on about, not from the states?! wat has that to do wiv anything? Just because i disagree wiv u don't mean that i'm borin u! I'm from England, u know, that little country that always has to clean up your stupid yankie mess!

That is even worse, you are from England and can't even type good grammer :rolleyes: Go have some tea or something.LOL! It seems the only immature pre-puberty person on here is YOU!!!! Get a grip! If you step into a HOT kettle you should expect to get burned! Go cry to someone who cares what you think!

Ann Allusion 02-10-2004 03:45 PM

FEREZ1...Mulitfast...LOL...these s/n's are quite familiar..altho FEREZ1 has posted under different ones from time to time...the attitude is the same...

No one is going to berate you for you opinions...but it is not a very smart move to come to a bb that is a FAN site and begin TROLLING.

Personally,FEREZ, i don't think i would trust you any further than i could throw you....don't you have anything in your LIFE you can become this angry at that is worth the anger???...Some humanitarian cause or something...

Scott Stapp should not be one of them...you wish to lay the blame somewhere?...then lay it on yourself and all the rest of the people that have decided this HUMAN BEING didn't live up to THEIR expectations....this man owes nothing to anyone but himself...period...what he does is his choice and how he does it is his choice as well.

Go ahead and keep your opinions, FEREZ....no body is going to try and change your mind because it is people with minds like your's that i personally do not choose to associate with...

~Ann~

farmgirl 02-10-2004 04:01 PM

I wasn't going to reply again to this but since it was bumped.

multifast, you made a comment saying you have "no doubt" Scott played a major role in the breakup but follow it up with, "I can't be sure". You have no doubt but can't be sure??? That doesn't make sense so the credibility of your statement leaves alot to be desired.

FEREZ1, in your initial post you claim you adore Creed, then in a follow-up post, you call them "watered down manufactured rubbish". Again, like multi-fast, you are contradicting yourself.

Most of us here are NOT pre-pubescent kids so that comment is just not worth even responding to. Alot of us here are parents and still love Creed.
Creed has one of the widest range of ages for their fans that I know of.

As far as Creed not being in the top album lists, have you seen what is actually in them? Christ, Britney was voted in one of them, what does that say about the importance of those lists? Nothing.

RMadd 02-10-2004 04:34 PM

Quote:

Wat u on about, not from the states?! wat has that to do wiv anything? Just because i disagree wiv u don't mean that i'm borin u! I'm from England, u know, that little country that always has to clean up your stupid yankie mess!

Wow, if that's not the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard from a non-politician! I'm not sure I know where to begin! Let's see, there's WWI, WWII, so on and so forth.

multifast1 02-10-2004 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmgirl
I wasn't going to reply again to this but since it was bumped.

multifast, you made a comment saying you have "no doubt" Scott played a major role in the breakup but follow it up with, "I can't be sure". You have no doubt but can't be sure??? That doesn't make sense so the credibility of your statement leaves alot to be desired.

WOW. Guess I picked the wrong thread to make my first post in!! LOL. Please don't confuse me with Ferez1.. I'm not even close and also pretty offended by some of the things he said, particularly the stuff after my post. And I don't agree with everything he said either... just the sentiment about Stapp having some personal problems is all.

Let me clarify a bit, please. And just in case anyone is wondering, I AM a longtime Creed fan and follower... always will be. The only reason I commented here at all is because I think that some of the negativity about Stapp is not as uncommon in Creedfanland or in mainstream thought as most of you would think. It's my impression from being on several Creed related sites over the past five or so years and from following the music industry, that lots of people have similar thoughts about Stapp and this person who also posted for their first time shouldn't have been shouted down like he was.

Now, from seeing many of his following posts and the way he handled himself after inital attacks.. he was more than likely just trying to start chit.

Anyway, about my "contradicting myself" ... and therefore have no credibility.. LMFAO. First off, I don't consider it a contradiction. I have no doubt in my own mind that his attitude was a major factor in the break-up... but I know there were other factors and I'm not sure how big a factor it played. Maybe I didn't state it clearly and for that I'm sorry. See, that's exactly why I grimiced when you someone asked for an item by item listing of specific things that brought Ferez to his ideas... It's soooooooo easy to pick one line out of an entire arguemnt and then discount the whole thing because you find fault in one sentence.

Again, I'm sorry if my few paragraphs of my one and only post here made you think I was a hater or something. Not here to cause trouble at all. In fact, I've enjoyed this site for years with all the Creed info it has. By far one of the best fan sites around. I've just never posted here for some reason... and picked a bad one to drop in on I guess....

RMadd 02-10-2004 04:38 PM

Quote:

MY insults have only come as a result of being unneccessarily attacked by those who disagree. I never said it was fact, i just gave an opinion. If i dont like stapp, i wont sit and say how much i love him. Your hostility to me right from the start was uncalled for. If you read my original post you will find no insults to fellow creed fans, just a short opinion from myself. Th response was hurtful, i meant no disrespect to anyone, i wanted your opinions on the STAPP ISSUE!! Responding with things like die, or get lost is not an opinion on the content of my post. You all took it personally and attacked me as a person because you thought i was an idiot. Re-read my first post again! Did it warrant the torrent of abuse that came my way?

Let's see here, you came to a site used by fans of the band, and bashed one of the members (the most visible member, nonetheless) in one of your very first posts. Then you make ignorant comments about the UK cleaning up our messes (see my previous post). Why are we not allowed to be hostile towards you and your opinion, eh? You're hostile towards those of us who think you're full of shit b/c you claim we're attacking you. But aren't you doing the same, attacking us and something we hold dear to ourselves (namely, that Scott isn't an arrogant, egotistical bastard, etc.). Plus, as I've seen, many of your "facts" are actually quite unfactual. In response to your final question quoted above, yes!

Mr.Anderson 02-10-2004 04:55 PM

Wow, theres a lot going on in here. Anyways I'm going to add my two cents. I don't really know the whole story of stapp and if he really is a an ass or what, but throughout the history of rock music the lead singer has pretty much always been the center of trouble for a band. Take any band you'll find that the singer is usually to blame for everything. Why is this, who knows. Does this make Stapp guilty of all of the shit he is accused of? Probably not, but it doesn't make him innocent either. None of us will probably never know the truth behind all of the BS Stapp is getting. So its probably better off to just drop the whole fight considering there is like no proof for anything.