CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What dou guys think? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7100)

Shadow 07-21-2004 01:22 AM

It's not that they "can't touch" the songs. All songs are Tremonti/Stapp (even WAWO). For example - if Scott said he wanted to play the songs, I think he would need Mark's approval and visa versa. That's a poor explanation. What it comes down to is, it's their songs and they can play them. I don't think either one would mind the other doing it. At least, I would hope not.

Although I don't think Mark would feel comfortable with someone else singing them. I don't know. It's late, I'm tired, I'm babbling........

Dogstar 07-21-2004 01:24 AM

I agree, hide. I don't think Scott has any more of a right to perform Creed songs than Mark does with Alter Bridge.

aussiecreeder 07-21-2004 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I agree, hide. I don't think Scott has any more of a right to perform Creed songs than Mark does with Alter Bridge.

cool no problem at all with scott covering wawo for example as long as royalties are paid and alter bridge doing torn for example if they so choose.

SandMan 07-21-2004 05:49 AM

He has an amazing voice, he could sing anything and be successful. He is going to be fine.

Bridge of Clay 07-21-2004 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
IHowever, I don't want to see AB play Creed's music because I don't think I could watch Myles singing Scott's songs.

Yes, ma'am.

It's on the AB site bio/Q&A (not the 60q's thing). Mark and Flip stated that they won't play Creed stuff simply because they feel it wouldn't be fair to the fans nor to themselves. Something to that extent, later I can edit the post with the quote for those who missed it. :)

And I think even Myles said he wouldn't feel confortable to sing them too.

Shadow 07-21-2004 12:54 PM

Thanks Marcos. That would be great if you could post it. I was on the AB site very briefly this morning. I just really have not had the time to look around over there like I would like to.

WeatheredWoman 07-26-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
It's on the AB site bio/Q&A (not the 60q's thing). Mark and Flip stated that they won't play Creed stuff simply because they feel it wouldn't be fair to the fans nor to themselves. Something to that extent, later I can edit the post with the quote for those who missed it. :)

And I think even Myles said he wouldn't feel confortable to sing them too.

You meant this piece out of AB's bio:

"...Phillips continued, “The most significant things that we are taking from the Creed experience are the lessons that we learned. From the beginning, we decided that it would be unfair to the fans and ourselves if anyone other than Creed were out there playing Creed songs..."

And yes Myles did mention it in a radio-interview as well!