CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Torrent search engines? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11049)

RMadd 06-08-2006 01:38 PM

Torrent search engines?

Anybody have any favorite search engines they use for torrents? I've already come across isoHunt and Torrentz, but they don't seem all that comprehensive....

metalchris25 06-10-2006 04:32 AM

Re: Torrent search engines?

whats a torrent?
(forgive my ignorance)

Sincirr 06-10-2006 04:51 AM

i think its sorta like limewire but better. u can find heaps more on it.

The Lithium 06-10-2006 05:35 AM

www.thepiratebay.com & www.demonoid.com

bilal 06-10-2006 11:46 AM

i was also wondering what a torrent is?.......but i dont think it can be a p2p if its a website....may be it only searches servers and websites.......aint sure....

titan9 06-10-2006 07:28 PM

torrentspy.com is my favorite for music. Dimeadozen.org is my favorite for bootlegs. Also, there's thetradersden.org, which has bootlegs of the highest quality.

Dogstar 06-10-2006 09:33 PM

Dimedozen rocks for bootlegs. I find a lot of stuff there. Demonoid is good, too, for all kinds of stuff.
Torrents are another p2p file distribution method. Typically, though, the files are higher quality (i.e. less compressed) and are in lossless format. The files are a lot larger than say, mp3, but the sound quality is usually better. At least that is what I have found. Dimeadozen doesn't allow anything in lossy format (mp3, m4a, etc.), only lossless, like .flac or .shn.

RMadd 06-13-2006 01:57 AM

i've found that they're generally an easier way to download larger files more consistently... for example, i started downloading the GTA-San Andreas Soundtrack this afternoon, about 10 or 11 hours ago, and it's now about 1/2 way done (the whole thing is about 740 Mb).

titan9 06-19-2006 10:30 PM

^ Yeah, but the only thing with torrents is that you gotta watch the seeds(number of people distributing the torrent). If there aren't enough seeders, downloads will of course be slow. Additionally, some of the torrent sites are quite limited, particularly when it comes to less known music such as Christian Rock etc. It's why I have alternatives like DC++, plus a couple of Christian Download sites(which have tons of full albums) in case I can't find what I'm looking for at any of the torrent sites I visit.

Torrents are absolutely great for large downloads(like RMadd mentioned) such as TV shows, movies(though I don't download them) and high quality albums. DC++ is great for downloading individual MP3s, plus harder to find stuff. Limewire is also quite good.