CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Is it me? or do some of us seem to be divided between Mark and Scott. (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5265)

Creed_Defaultgirl 12-16-2003 10:35 PM

Is it me? or do some of us seem to be divided between Mark and Scott.

Is it just me, or does it seem that like many of the people are specificly Tremonti fans, and others are specificly Stapp fans? To me, that just seems wrong, I mean, they all make up Creed. Y'know, if it was just Mark, without Scott and Flip, it wouldn't be as great. Same with if it was vise versa. If Scott was out in the world by himself without Mark and Flip, he wouldn't be as well. And same with Flip, if there were no Mark and Scott, Flip wouldn't be a far as he is now either. Now, if all the guys went off and did other things, like they pretty much are doing now we think, then they are going to be awesome. They are so talented, I think they can get pretty much do anything they want to do. But when these three talents come together, it is just amazing, like there is no way that any man alone can do anything as great as CREED. These guys' talent's just kinda equal out to one of the greatest things. I can understand that Mark probably drew a lot of us to Creed, and Scott probably drew some of us, and Flip probably brought some of us to CREED also. But do we have to be so divided about who we might think is the better member in the band? These are my opinions, but please share yours. I'm not meaning to offend anyone if I do, I'm sorry. That isn't my intintion, it is to figure out why some of us have become so divided like. Maybe I am only thinking I notice this, and maybe others have also. I don't know, but I'll find out. Just let me know if you guys have or haven't noticed this. Thanks
Please notice that not everyone is that way, I have just noticed some certian posts that are like anti Mark or anti Scott. I'm sure these certian people don't mean it as if they hate Scott or vise versa with Mark, but I don't like it. Like I say earlier, my opinions, no offence meant.

DangerousDan85 12-16-2003 11:07 PM

i like em both

hayley 12-17-2003 12:11 AM

Oooh man

Yes I have noticed tension and siding between Stapp and Tremonti. I personally am not on one side, and battling against the other, I love them both equally and I am going to follow them both in whatever road they both decide to go down.

But yes, I have noticed siding on this board, I don't think it is fair, I don't like it either, but you know I guess that's they way people like to act. I think it's stupid though.

SCOTTSMYMAN 12-17-2003 09:14 AM

I've noticed it alot too! But what are you going to do, it's just the way some people are going to be about it. I'm for the whole band! I try to stay out of the divided debate about it all. I get upset when people bash Scott but then people do the same to Mark. And poor Flip just kinda of gets left out in the cold!

JenRN 12-17-2003 10:16 AM

I don't view it myself as a divided war. I love Stapp, and absolutely love MARK as well. They are incredibly talented and I think whatever happens will be what is good for them. They have rocked me so much and lead me to so many great things and provoked thoughts I have never explored before and to them I will ALWAYS be grateful :)

TeriB19 12-17-2003 10:34 AM

I have definitely noticed the split among some members of this bb. To each his own, I suppose, but Creed, as a whole, made me a fan. Not just one individual member. I'll support them all in whatever they do, but staying together would be the ultimate, in my opinion.

RMadd 12-17-2003 11:33 AM

I don't if people are divided, it's just that some people (myself included) prefer Tremonti over Stapp, while there are others who prefer Stapp over Tremonti. But, at least from my view, both are extremely talented (it's just that I prefer Mark).

luvscott4ever 12-17-2003 02:43 PM

I love them ALL!! I'm with Teri, the ultimate solution for me would be that they stay together!! But I'm behind them all, no matter what path they take in life, and if they split, I sooo hope and pray that the paths they take end up back to Creed as a whole!!

hayley 12-17-2003 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
but Creed, as a whole, made me a fan. Not just one individual member.

Yeah, exactly. That's the way I feel aswell, the whole band made me become a fan, not just Stapp, or Tremo, or Flip.

Wylde-Tremonti 12-17-2003 07:12 PM

I'm A Tremonti Fan... I love guitars... my love of guitars and playing them... and it's because of MARK... scott has amazing lyrics... but... he does seem to have gone a lil off his rocker... i mean... it's not unussual... it happens to the best of us... but mark is my idol guys... i mean.. he's what i want to be when i get older.... scott just can't compare w/ that...

Bridge of Clay 12-17-2003 07:24 PM

I have definitely noticed the split among some members of this bb. To each his own, I suppose, but Creed, as a whole, made me a fan. Not just one individual member. I'll support them all in whatever they do, but staying together would be the ultimate, in my opinion.

TeriB19 12-17-2003 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB
scott has amazing lyrics... but... he does seem to have gone a lil off his rocker... i mean... it's not unussual... it happens to the best of us...

Can you elaborate on that for us Matt? I'm a little confused as to the gone off his rocker part.

Dogstar 12-17-2003 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvscott4ever
I love them ALL!! I'm with Teri, the ultimate solution for me would be that they stay together!! But I'm behind them all, no matter what path they take in life, and if they split, I sooo hope and pray that the paths they take end up back to Creed as a whole!!

What they said!

Wylde-Tremonti 12-17-2003 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Can you elaborate on that for us Matt? I'm a little confused as to the gone off his rocker part.

well... i didn't want to put it like this... be he seems to have become... kinda... weird....?....i mean... ever since the stuff w/ his Ex... he's just seemed different...

creedsister 12-17-2003 07:29 PM

i dont take sides,its not god like to that,,but with long over due respect,,,,,,,,,,,,,STAPPY ROCK ON :jam:

Sheila63 12-17-2003 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvscott4ever

Ditto!!

lifelovesoul 12-17-2003 09:33 PM

I love them all. I pray that they stay together or life as I know it will never be the same. I am so glad for what they have given me. If they do go their seperate ways I am sure I will follow each one of their careers. They are part of my life. Always will be.

CREED ROCKS LIFE !!!

JenRN 12-17-2003 09:57 PM

Quote:

well... i didn't want to put it like this... be he seems to have become... kinda... weird....?....i mean... ever since the stuff w/ his Ex... he's just seemed different...

Well I am going through crap like this now, it has a tendency to mess with your head a little BELIEVE ME! :eek: Yes I think he has had a hard time for sure, but you know I hope he gets better and stonger and heals from it. It is not easy, wish I could sit and chat with him, I am going through similiar things minus the child.

Delirium 12-17-2003 10:17 PM

The whole group made me a fan, but after time went on i started to like tremonti better more and more.

hayley 12-17-2003 10:53 PM

Quote:

I kinda see where you are coming from there. But in my perspective, I don't see Scott as being different to what he used to be. Yes, with all the things he has been going through over the past year, I do think he's acting differently, but ya know we only have so much information to gather and we don't really know what's going on inside his head.

JenRN 12-17-2003 11:13 PM

Some people handle things differently. Mark seems to be more quite and "controlled" a little better. God knows what he has had to deal with tragedy like the death of his mother. But he seems to handle things more smoothly, he is lucky. Some others are intense in a different way and just don't have an outlet that is all positive. I know there are times I handle "life" better than other times. But all in all, they are great guys and I love CREED for CREED. They would not be as great without each individual talent. I truly believe they will be succesful in whatever they do, I just hope they follow thier desires.

Alter Shredder 12-17-2003 11:20 PM

We always tend to lean to one side or the other. It is human nature. We all have different things we are looking for and so division occurs. I know we all love creed. and we will support all of the members as they venture down the path, it is just that each of us will pay a little more attention to one over the others. As long as we can support all of them and each other, I think a little division wont kill anyone.

facelessman 12-18-2003 12:14 AM

im a tremonti fan. he is the reason i started listening to Creed, he is the reason i started listening to rock music, and he is the reason (along with impressing girls) that i started to play the guitar. i love stapp and all, i really really do, but im all about Mark, ya know?

creedsister 12-18-2003 12:28 AM

yeap i know it

creedlvr 12-18-2003 01:25 AM

I definitely agree that some people are clearly taking sides ... and ... I know I am one of the offenders.

Truthfully, I like them all ... together as Creed! Nothing would make me happier than to see this whole thing get worked out. It just breaks my heart to think that this might really be happening.

However, Stapp is absolutely the one who drew me in. Without him, I would still be a fan of the music but I would not feel the same passion as I do now. He just has such an incredible stage presence and charisma that I just can't ignore. I realize that he has made some pretty big mistakes and that he could possibly be the major contributor to some of these riffs. Still, I know that if they go their separate ways, while I will try my best to support all of them, for me it will be all about Scott.

It also seems like since this has happened, a lot more people are jumping on the "Mark bandwagon" then the "Scott bandwagon." I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I tend to stick by the underdog. And in this case, it seems like that person is Scott. I feel like he can use all the support he can get. Now granted ... he very well may have brought this on himself. I'm really not intentionally taking sides, but I have to admit that I find it difficult not to. I just don't like some of the things that people are saying about Scott. It's almost as though people are abandoning him. Please don't think I am lumping everyone in this category ... I know that there are still very many supporters of his on this board.

I do have to admit though, that Mark IS clearly more stable. Scott seems to be a pretty emotional person and doesn't handle tough situations very well. But for me, that just adds to the human side of him ... beyond the musician. It makes him seem more real ... again, just drawing me in deeper. It's like you really feel like you know him. I don't feel that connection with Mark or Flip. Don't get me wrong ... I think they are both great musicians and HUGE assets to Creed as a group. It's just that to me, they are guys in a band ... great guys ... and very talented guys ... but still, just guys. They don't really let you into their personal life. I'm not saying that's a bad thing ... I'm just saying that's why I don't feel the same connection. I do believe that they are vital to Creed (for obvious reasons) and even to Scott for that matter. It seems as though they keep him in check.

Again ... I just hope that it won't come down to anyone having to take sides because they will work this out and remain "Creed" as we know them!

creedlvr 12-18-2003 01:26 AM

Jen - I love your avitar. Is it a recent photo?

hayley 12-18-2003 02:49 AM

Good input there creedlvr

hayley 12-18-2003 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedlvr
I do have to admit though, that Mark IS clearly more stable. Scott seems to be a pretty emotional person and doesn't handle tough situations very well.

Everybody handles different situtaions their own way, and everybody handles different situations the best they possibly can.

I know that because I have learnt that over the last couple of months.

Julbright 12-18-2003 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iced
We always tend to lean to one side or the other. It is human nature. We all have different things we are looking for and so division occurs. I know we all love creed. and we will support all of the members as they venture down the path, it is just that each of us will pay a little more attention to one over the others. As long as we can support all of them and each other, I think a little division wont kill anyone.

I am with you! I love Creed, it is the band as a whole that drew me in, but just like we aren't attracted to every person in the world for a mate etc, we will be drawn to certain people and characteristics over others. I don't know as much about Mark because he isn't as revealed as Stapp - mostly in my mind because Stapp writes the lyrics and there is no real filter there - it is raw and real stuff - especially the older stuff - so those are the things that make me Stapp happy! I think Mark is incredibly talented and very attractive, but I like passionate people and Scott wears his passion on his sleeve. It is merely a preference, I am not "anti-" anybody!

mushroomy2k 12-18-2003 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julbright
I am with you! I love Creed, it is the band as a whole that drew me in, but I like passionate people and Scott wears his passion on his sleeve. It is merely a preference, I am not "anti-" anybody!

ditto i love the whole band and will support what ever they all choose
to do.

janem 12-18-2003 04:27 PM

Quote:

I am with you! I love Creed, it is the band as a whole that drew me in, but just like we aren't attracted to every person in the world for a mate etc, we will be drawn to certain people and characteristics over others. I don't know as much about Mark because he isn't as revealed as Stapp - mostly in my mind because Stapp writes the lyrics and there is no real filter there - it is raw and real stuff - especially the older stuff - so those are the things that make me Stapp happy! I think Mark is incredibly talented and very attractive, but I like passionate people and Scott wears his passion on his sleeve. It is merely a preference, I am not "anti-" anybody!

Now give Mark credit, he writes lyrics too as in he wrote the whole song, TORN. and he writes just about all the music. Mark is very personable and genuine (met/know the the guy), as far as Mr. Stapp... I've always felt was was very disconnected from everyone and in his own little world. He's not very well adjusted. I hope he finds his way. ;)

creedlvr 12-18-2003 06:09 PM

Quote:

Exactly!!

creedlvr 12-18-2003 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janem
... as far as Mr. Stapp... I've always felt was was very disconnected from everyone and in his own little world.

:confused:

WeatheredWoman 12-18-2003 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
Yeah, exactly. That's the way I feel aswell, the whole band made me become a fan, not just Stapp, or Tremo, or Flip.

Then why didn't u call yourself "addicted2creed" ??? ;)

The same thing counts for "Creedsmymen" ;)

...."luvcreedforever" ...."CreedWanaB" etc. etc. hahahahaha and look at the Avatars :D

There's nothing wrong for lovin' Flip,Tremonti or Stapp more!!!! We all know that it's the whole band that brought us each one of them!!! CREED is very precious 2 me.. but what's wrong with lovin' Stappy just a little bit more????

In the end it's still the band that counts... :crest:

WeatheredWoman 12-18-2003 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedlvr
I definitely agree that some people are clearly taking sides ... and ... I know I am one of the offenders.

Truthfully, I like them all ... together as Creed! Nothing would make me happier than to see this whole thing get worked out. It just breaks my heart to think that this might really be happening.

However, Stapp is absolutely the one who drew me in. Without him, I would still be a fan of the music but I would not feel the same passion as I do now. He just has such an incredible stage presence and charisma that I just can't ignore. I realize that he has made some pretty big mistakes and that he could possibly be the major contributor to some of these riffs. Still, I know that if they go their separate ways, while I will try my best to support all of them, for me it will be all about Scott.

It also seems like since this has happened, a lot more people are jumping on the "Mark bandwagon" then the "Scott bandwagon." I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I tend to stick by the underdog. And in this case, it seems like that person is Scott. I feel like he can use all the support he can get. Now granted ... he very well may have brought this on himself. I'm really not intentionally taking sides, but I have to admit that I find it difficult not to. I just don't like some of the things that people are saying about Scott. It's almost as though people are abandoning him. Please don't think I am lumping everyone in this category ... I know that there are still very many supporters of his on this board.

I do have to admit though, that Mark IS clearly more stable. Scott seems to be a pretty emotional person and doesn't handle tough situations very well. But for me, that just adds to the human side of him ... beyond the musician. It makes him seem more real ... again, just drawing me in deeper. It's like you really feel like you know him. I don't feel that connection with Mark or Flip. Don't get me wrong ... I think they are both great musicians and HUGE assets to Creed as a group. It's just that to me, they are guys in a band ... great guys ... and very talented guys ... but still, just guys. They don't really let you into their personal life. I'm not saying that's a bad thing ... I'm just saying that's why I don't feel the same connection. I do believe that they are vital to Creed (for obvious reasons) and even to Scott for that matter. It seems as though they keep him in check.

Again ... I just hope that it won't come down to anyone having to take sides because they will work this out and remain "Creed" as we know them!

Very well said ! ! ! :thumbsup:

Creed_Defaultgirl 12-18-2003 07:46 PM

Now, I think that Scott does have some emotional stress. I hope that doesn't cause him to be unhealthy, or do stupid things. I really do hope that he doesn't do anything that would hurt, most importantly, Jagger, or himself, the other bandmembers, or his career. Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone always will. Mark, I love him, he is such a great guitarist. Although I've never met him, from what I hear, he is an awesome person. I love them all, and y'know, it is hard to love them all exactly the same. Like someone else said, it's human nature. Sometimes, like when Scott is going through a bad time, I just want to reach out and give him a big hug. Same with Mark, and Flip. I do love them close to the same, but I would probably be lying if I said exactly. I'm not trying to critisize anyone who does pick sides, like Tremontiwannab, I understand how you feel. Mark is your rolemodel, and that's great! Mark is a great rolemodel! I sort of look up to Flip. He seems to be a real nice guy. Scott, I also look up to him, because from the story we all heard.....he seemed to be into the drugs a little, and bad habits, and he turned around. He had his mind set to making his living in a band, and did an awesome job at it too! It is possible if Scott hadn't been so pushy, CREED may not have made it this far. Mark, I really don't know that much about. I don't know anything about the guitar except it rocks, and nothing bout the drums, except they rock too! Mark is a great song writer, and he adds so much to CREED. That is some of my feeling toward this.

PaulMcCoygirl 12-18-2003 08:00 PM

I like 'em all! I agree that they all make up Creed. I think that they are all very talented and I'll support them in whatever career choice they make. :)

creedsister 12-18-2003 08:12 PM

there will always be sides taken that just the way it is and the way that it goes,,So when it all comes out in the whash,,if they br seprate or together,,all i can say come what may the show must go on,,and to each and every member of creed its the music whats that its importan not whos better than who and may the thunder roar from both sides,,and all i can say come what may ROCK ON ROCK ON AND ROCK ON :)

WeatheredWoman 12-18-2003 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
may the thunder roar from both sides

Love that quote sistah!! :smokin:

creedsister 12-18-2003 08:25 PM

:smokin: straight up