CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed reunion opinion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10374)

Braddsn 01-23-2006 11:23 PM

Creed reunion opinion

I am 31 so I tend to think about things alot more than when I was younger. I have given this a lot of thought, and here is what I think about a Creed reunion.. It's going to happen.. just a matter of time. Here is why..
1. MOST "big" bands that have broken up have reunited at some point, for several reasons. Money being a big one of course. IF you are a music fan, you can easily think of 20 "big" bands that have broken up because of HUGE riffs, and reunited a decade later or so.
2. Alter Bridge rocks no doubt. Stapp's stuff is good too. There is no way that either of them will ever be anywhere close to Creed status. Im sure some of you might argue that and be mad at me about that comment. Argue if you must, but lets face it, it is impossible. A band like Creed only happens if a million things simultaneously take place at just the right time. That being said, all that were involved with Creed will eventually want that kind of stardom again. To be at the top again. Any human would. Its natural. And they all know that in the blink of an eye (a new album and reunion tour), they would be on top again. So when the pride wears off..........

3. They have age going for them. If this was a band consisting of 50 year old guys, that would be different. These guys are barely 30! They have YEARS and YEARS to forgive and forget.
4. Stapp had a lot of problems, most of which ended Creed. But he went through all of this at a relatively young age. My guess is that with the lessons he has learned, and the maturing that he has done, he is going to wake up and clean up. He already has a significant amount from what I have read. So, I imagine a sober Stapp would be something Tremonti and the boys would be very interested in!
5. Tremonti says to forget about a reunion. Well, of course he does. He is pissed! Will be for a while probably. But, time heals. And, Stapp and Tremonti started out as friends BEFORE they were a band. So, I imagine they will return to being friends someday. Its inevitable. Someone will call someone. Its the way life works. Once they get their solo projects out of their system, they will long for what got them where they are in the first place. Creed.
6. I imagine there is a man, somewhere, a big business man, who is going to be damn sure that Creed reunites. Record company exec, or something. Think about it!
Anyways, all of this is just my opinion obviously. But giving it a lot of thought, all of this just made the most sense.
Peace!

Dogstar 01-23-2006 11:45 PM

Re: Creed reunion opinion

Hmm. I disagree. Creed was big, but not for a long-enough period to really have staying power. It's not as if they were Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin. I know plenty of people of who have moved on from Creed's music. My sister is a good example. If she listens at all, she listens to My Own Prison. She thought Human Clay was OK, and she was disappointed with Weathered. They were definitely past their peak with Weathered, IMO.

Ten years from now, we might hear WAWO, Higher or MOP on the radio. I mean, look at Pearl Jam or Alice In Chains or Soundgarden or Metallica. Their stuff still gets played on the radio more than a decade after it came out, and it's two decades for Metallica.

Ana4Stapp 01-24-2006 01:10 AM

People: Creed is over.Theres no possibility of reunion. Period.

geletmote 01-24-2006 02:06 AM

BRADD I agree, time heals everything and they will reunite, ANNA ur simply one eyed AB fan by the looks of it, uve dissed creed quite easily which is dissapointing.

RoffeDH 01-24-2006 04:59 AM

I'm with Anna, Creed is over, even if they were to get a reunion they wouldn't get as much status as before, we the fans would buy them and that would give them some amount of money, charts etc. but they wont be as big as they were. Plus I don't think that Brian and Stapp is going to be close ever since (just the way I look at it) they never were and they wont be friends again I belive.
The guys from Creed are happy in AB, they don't have anyone telling them not to do this or that as Stapp would in Creed, Mark gets to write what he wants without anyone changing as Stapp would and Myles is a better singer witch gives Mark the ability to play the way he wants. Myles can play the guitar and that gives Mark the chans to solo, and he always wanted to solo in creed. He loves to solo, why would he leave that previlige and go back to Creed?
Oh and finaly... BRIAN IS BACK! :D
So no, it wont happen, never I belive, they might be friends again IF Stapp stopps singing Creed songs on tour, but no reunion!

adparaiki 01-24-2006 07:51 AM

ok nothing would make me happier than if creed got back together.

ok and I dissagree with the comment above. Myles is not a better signer than Stapp.

I like alter bridge I went and saw them live at nottingham but Myles didn't really do anything for me to be honest. ok don't get me wrong he seems like a nice guy he sounds good on cd but just didn't seem to have much live.

with the effex on his mic I think I could have sung those songs.
But I have a live cd of creed and even on the cd Stapp just really shone. He was awesome and just had so much passion and so much power.

Yes he isn't as good as he was but the passion is still their and he seems to be getting better since the radio tour in 05 so hopefully will keep on doing so. But I still think Scott is better than Myles NOW.

I will go and see Stapp live and be front row. and yes he will do a UK tour (despite what some people keep saying on this board)

Ana4Stapp 01-24-2006 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geletmote
BRADD I agree, time heals everything and they will reunite, ANNA ur simply one eyed AB fan by the looks of it, uve dissed creed quite easily which is dissapointing.

??? Peter do you need more time to face the true? well... okay, but Im a realistic person, and the real life says Creed is over. And just to you know I still love Creed , so ur disappointment is in vain...

Ana4Stapp 01-24-2006 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoffeDH
I'm with Anna, Creed is over, even if they were to get a reunion they wouldn't get as much status as before, we the fans would buy them and that would give them some amount of money, charts etc. but they wont be as big as they were. Plus I don't think that Brian and Stapp is going to be close ever since (just the way I look at it) they never were and they wont be friends again I belive.
The guys from Creed are happy in AB, they don't have anyone telling them not to do this or that as Stapp would in Creed, Mark gets to write what he wants without anyone changing as Stapp would and Myles is a better singer witch gives Mark the ability to play the way he wants. Myles can play the guitar and that gives Mark the chans to solo, and he always wanted to solo in creed. He loves to solo, why would he leave that previlige and go back to Creed?
Oh and finaly... BRIAN IS BACK! :D
So no, it wont happen, never I belive, they might be friends again IF Stapp stopps singing Creed songs on tour, but no reunion!

This is one of the reasons I really dont believe Creed will reunite in the future.

TeriB19 01-24-2006 01:48 PM

Personally I don't see it happening at all. Considering the history between Stapp and Marshall, then figure in that Marshall is now playing with AB, I don't see Mark and Flip saying "Let's dump Brian and get back together with Stapp after all." Nothing is written in stone, but I think there is very very little chance of it happening.

The Lithium 01-24-2006 01:54 PM

I'm telling you... Even if AB breaks up. There is NO way Creed is getting back together, Mark have made that so obviously clear! Accept it people!

Unforgiven Fan 01-24-2006 02:34 PM

it is not only that mark has made it clear, I believe Stapp has burned a lot of bridges because of or with the media and the fans that Creed had cannot go back together unless there is a fundemental shift in peoples thinking and that mostly likely will not happen

nagpo 01-24-2006 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
This is one of the reasons I really dont believe Creed will reunite in the future.

they'll be happy untill they get dropped by WU.

Robin101 01-24-2006 05:12 PM

I doubt that Creed would reunite to create new music.

However, a reunion for a world tour in 5-10 years wouldn't surprise me - it would just depend on the situation.

Would people be interested? I'll answer that with another question - How many people on this board would go to one, if not more, of their shows?

I think a majority of Creed fans would - that's a lot of fans! Like I said it would just depend on the situation.

Take Care

The Lithium 01-24-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin101
I doubt that Creed would reunite to create new music.

However, a reunion for a world tour in 5-10 years wouldn't surprise me - it would just depend on the situation.

Actually I think Mark would rather go into the studio with Stapp again, than to tour with him again!

Robin101 01-24-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Actually I think Mark would rather go into the studio with Stapp again, than to tour with him again!

Yeah, I can imagine Stapp being a pain in the ass - with him, Jagger (maybe another kid), his wife (maybe a third!) and his sobriety coach (I hope he doesn't need one by then) it would get pretty crowded on the tour!

I don't know if Mark would go into the studio with Stapp again. It may seem like a good idea at some stage to him but after 5 minutes he'd be thinking 'Now I remember why we split...' - I bet they'd be bickering like a married couple!:D

Take Care

Dogstar 01-24-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Personally I don't see it happening at all. Considering the history between Stapp and Marshall, then figure in that Marshall is now playing with AB, I don't see Mark and Flip saying "Let's dump Brian and get back together with Stapp after all." Nothing is written in stone, but I think there is very very little chance of it happening.

I agree. Too much bad blood there.

titan9 01-24-2006 10:39 PM

I don't think you can ever say never. Stranger things have happened than a possible Creed reunion. However, I highly doubt that it'll happen. Still, it could happen in the future, and if it did, I'd definitely go to any show on the reunion tour. I just wish that the four guys(Stapp, Flip, Mark and Brian) were at least on friendly terms. That is more important to me than any kind of possible reunion. Hopefully these four eventually reconcile, although even that seems highly unlikely right now.

Agent D 01-24-2006 10:45 PM

Why would anyone want Creed to reunite? For what purpose? They're not going to sound like what they once did. They're not going to write any new music. What's done is done and we're all better off.

The Lithium 01-25-2006 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin101
Yeah, I can imagine Stapp being a pain in the ass - with him, Jagger (maybe another kid), his wife (maybe a third!) and his sobriety coach (I hope he doesn't need one by then) it would get pretty crowded on the tour!

I think the reason why Mark wouldn't want to tour with Stapp is because Stapp was an asshole on the last tour. Mark have made it pretty clear that it was a nightmare he never want to relive... Ever again!

GregS 01-25-2006 08:15 AM

Ye i personally dont see a Creed reunion.
1. Mark , Brian , Flip are happy in AB and LOVE IT.
2. Brian & Stapp hate one another.
3. Stapp is already peforming Creed songs live which Mark hates.. I think thats the closest we'll ever get to hearing Creed again..
I know theres alot of other reasons of why there wont be a reunion but imo they some of the 3 main points.

marlsy 01-25-2006 09:59 AM

Hey all, I thought I would pop in here to let you all know I saw and talked to Mark at the NAMM show last Saturday, I asked him if there was ever a chance of him working with Scott again and he said, " No way, NEVER." I said well I guess it's true you guys hate eachother and he said "yep!"
It was really great to see and meet him in person! I was star struck!!! He is so cute and soft spoken. He has such a baby face!!
I have to say I am sad to think Creed will never be again. I miss them soooooooo much.
I had a great time at the Namm show and I have lots of pics of my 16 year old daughter meeting a bunch of rock stars if anyone wants to see. I also have pics with my daughter and I meeting mark!!

IamFilthy 01-25-2006 11:33 AM

In my opinion,..Creed will reunite for somewhat of a 'farewell tour" one last time. It may be 10 or 15 years down the road, but I assure everyone that it will happen. No matter what Mark says now, b/c time heals all wounds and I believe that their paths will cross again.But,....thats just my opinion.....

Dogstar 01-25-2006 01:33 PM

Time may heal wounds, but it doesn't mean they will work together again.

TeriB19 01-25-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlsy
Hey all, I thought I would pop in here to let you all know I saw and talked to Mark at the NAMM show last Saturday, I asked him if there was ever a chance of him working with Scott again and he said, " No way, NEVER." I said well I guess it's true you guys hate eachother and he said "yep!"
It was really great to see and meet him in person! I was star struck!!! He is so cute and soft spoken. He has such a baby face!!
I have to say I am sad to think Creed will never be again. I miss them soooooooo much.
I had a great time at the Namm show and I have lots of pics of my 16 year old daughter meeting a bunch of rock stars if anyone wants to see. I also have pics with my daughter and I meeting mark!!

MARLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy cow, now there's a blast from the past!!!! Hope you are well!! Please do share the pics with us!!!

Ana4Stapp 01-25-2006 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlsy

:rolleyes: Enough?

marlsy 01-25-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
MARLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy cow, now there's a blast from the past!!!! Hope you are well!! Please do share the pics with us!!!

Hi Terri!!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing very well thank you, how are you doing!!! I hope all is well with you and all the oldtimers that remember me!!! (and everyone else of course too)!!!! ;) I havnt been on here in forever!!! I was so majorly bummed when Creed broke up that I just kinda stopped coming here. When I saw Mark at NAMM I thought of you guys and decided to stop by and say hey!!!! I will post my pics for you, where should I post em? Here or in chatorama or what??? I will post them when I get home from picking my daughter up from school. See ya soon, Marlsy

Dogstar 01-25-2006 05:26 PM

MARLSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!

Braddsn 01-25-2006 05:35 PM

This was the response I assumed this post would spawn. :D But I am going to humbly stick to my guns, I truly believe there will be a reunion. I have been blessed with being able to play music on the road for many years, and have even played under a label for a while (drummed for Terry Mike Jefferey for 2 years). I have seen and been a part of entertainment dynamics for many years, and I know how these things work. I have seen bands with MUCH bigger problems than Creed did, get back together after a decade or so and do reunion tours. Creed is nothing compared to some of the stuff that went on in bands like Motley Crue, G n R, and especially Fleetwood Mac. Band dynamics are very complex, and so is the entertainment industry. But here is the bottom line (unfortunately)... MONEY. After a band reaches Creed status, everyone involved is FILTHY rich... and I dont just mean millions. I mean hundred millions. Creed has sold over 20 million albums thus far if I remember correctly. So for the boys in the band, money is not going to be a problem for a LONG time. But it seems like almost every time, 'somehow' people run out of money and want to make a few more million. I am not saying that will happen, but it lends possibility.
Someone mentioned earlier that they felt like Creed had passed their peak after My Own Prison. Well, that is purely opinion, as is all of this that I am writing. My sister is not a big fan of MOP but LOVES Weathered. (Personally I cannot imagine someone listening to "stand here with me" and think they were past their peak). Anyhow, hopefully everyone will just have fun with the post and not start bickering with each other.. because lets face it.. NONE of us know squat about what really goes on behind the scenes. My opinion is only coming from the said "average".. in other words, what "usually" happens with bands like Creed. By the way, im not stuck on Creed.. I don't worship them or anything. I like the band, and mostly I think that it is amazing what they did in such short time. I do in fact like the music and hope they come back and write new stuff. Dogstar said it in another post.. "They caught lightning in a bottle". I hope they do it again!!
-Peace ;)

Braddsn 01-25-2006 05:39 PM

Oh and Ana4Stapp, you quoted what marlsy said and then asked "was that enough".. well, no its not enough.. to answer your question.
I have been in fights and arguments with many people, and even after months or years if you asked me if I would ever speak to them again, I would have said "no way". But I find myself friends with them again at some point. Time heals. Just an opinion.

Dogstar 01-25-2006 06:10 PM

Nobody's really bickering :D. We're just stating our opinions as well, and some people disagree with yours. I was the one who said I thought they were past their peak with Weathered. One of the other reasons I didn't like it as much as the previous records was the real lack of a bass presence. Mark did what he could, I guess, but it had no feeling to me and felt almost non-existent. Yes, plenty of big bands have gotten back together for the coin, but it usually takes a few years, sometimes more than a decade. I'm just not sure Creed was big enough for a long-enough period to fit that reunion category. It's been almost a decade since Soundgarden broke up, and they show know signs of getting back together, even though whatever rifts they had among them have been healed.

marlsy 01-25-2006 06:18 PM

I agree that anything can happen in the future. I really really hope someday in the future they do get back together, may be wishfull thinking but, oh well!!! I will wish that forever!! You never know how they will feel in a few years and the bills arn't getting paid. Mark may be a little more forgiving, or I may just be full of shit! LOL anyway, I just like to HOPE that someday it will happen.
I will post my pics of mark in chatorama since I also have pics of other musicians as well in a few minutes.

marlsy 01-25-2006 06:28 PM

well, might take awhile until I figure out how to make my pics less than 100 kb
:confused:

Ana4Stapp 01-25-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braddsn
Oh and Ana4Stapp, you quoted what marlsy said and then asked "was that enough".. well, no its not enough.. to answer your question.
I have been in fights and arguments with many people, and even after months or years if you asked me if I would ever speak to them again, I would have said "no way". But I find myself friends with them again at some point. Time heals. Just an opinion.

Well Brad in MY opinion we wont see a Creed reunion... ;)

bobben 01-25-2006 07:19 PM

If Mark can't take Stapp's apologize, then Mark's a big jerk! They were best friends and just ended it because one part of the friendship hit the wall and stayed down. Stapp's apologized to Mark a million times allready and he has showed everyone that he wants to get clean and healthy again! So why can't Mark just forgive Stapp!? If he does and they become friends again, I will say that it'a at least a small possibility for a reunion.

shiver 01-25-2006 08:16 PM

There will be no reunion. I hope there is no reunion. As much as I liked Creed, the music was going downhill. Now the guys in AB have freedom to make some music, and stapp has his chance to be a star, without having to fight for control. GET OVER IT PEOPLE!
They are done. Fin. That's all folks. Close thread. Now. Hasta la vista. No mas. Gone. Like Al Pacino's cash. Nothin' last in this world.

Braddsn 01-25-2006 11:32 PM

Shiver, we are over it. I don't think anyone said specifically that they were not over it. Also, I can't help but notice the negativity spewing from your soul.. hehe.. you are on creedfeed.com, posting, yet you said "I hope there is no reunion". ???? At minimum I am confuzzzed! Lighten up dude! Fact is, there are many past great bands that I would like to see more music from. And im sure others would too. Example, Led Zeppelin. I would love to have them back, but for obvious reasons thats impossible! I am over it though. This whole post came from me watching some music videos that I have on my hard drive that I have collected over the years. First, I watched some Alter Bridge videos that I found.. live and on the Alter Bridge site. Absolutely awesome band. Top notch in my opinion, one of my favorite at this time. Also, I watched some Stapp stuff that I have found and collected. Pretty good too! Not as good as AB in my opinion, but still Stapp.
THEN I sat back and watched all of my Creed collection. DAMN!!!! No comparison. What a band! I have some old bootleg stuff from the MOP days, all the way up to some live stuff right before they broke up. They were at the top for good reason. Incredible. I saw them live maybe 5 times or so. I just remember how blown away I was, one of the best acts I have seen live and I have seen hundreds. Stapp, Tremonti, and Phillips will be back at it again someday. ;)

TeriB19 01-25-2006 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobben
If Mark can't take Stapp's apologize, then Mark's a big jerk! They were best friends and just ended it because one part of the friendship hit the wall and stayed down. Stapp's apologized to Mark a million times allready and he has showed everyone that he wants to get clean and healthy again! So why can't Mark just forgive Stapp!? If he does and they become friends again, I will say that it'a at least a small possibility for a reunion.

Before you continue name calling, consider that you have NO idea what really happened between them and behind closed doors. Mark's a big jerk for not accepting Stapp's apology, Stapp's a big jerk for getting wasted and screwing up the second to last show of the tour. Now they're even. Beyond that we have NO idea of exactly what happened, nor do we have any right to know.

shiver 01-26-2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braddsn
Shiver, we are over it. I don't think anyone said specifically that they were not over it. Also, I can't help but notice the negativity spewing from your soul.. hehe.. you are on creedfeed.com, posting, yet you said "I hope there is no reunion". ???? At minimum I am confuzzzed! Lighten up dude! Fact is, there are many past great bands that I would like to see more music from. And im sure others would too. Example, Led Zeppelin. I would love to have them back, but for obvious reasons thats impossible! I am over it though. This whole post came from me watching some music videos that I have on my hard drive that I have collected over the years. First, I watched some Alter Bridge videos that I found.. live and on the Alter Bridge site. Absolutely awesome band. Top notch in my opinion, one of my favorite at this time. Also, I watched some Stapp stuff that I have found and collected. Pretty good too! Not as good as AB in my opinion, but still Stapp.
THEN I sat back and watched all of my Creed collection. DAMN!!!! No comparison. What a band! I have some old bootleg stuff from the MOP days, all the way up to some live stuff right before they broke up. They were at the top for good reason. Incredible. I saw them live maybe 5 times or so. I just remember how blown away I was, one of the best acts I have seen live and I have seen hundreds. Stapp, Tremonti, and Phillips will be back at it again someday. ;)

First off, their are plenty of people here not over it. That's why this issue always comes up. I apologize for maybe coming off as being in your face, but how many times can we go over this. Creed is dead. I would love to see Zeppelin reunite. They could do it too, obviously with a new drummer, I'm thinking Jason Bonham, but I just wouldn't want Creed to do it. I never was a big fan of stapp, and over the last couple of years I have become a non-fan. I remember seeing them in concert during the Weathered tour. It was stapp out front all night, no real interaction with the band, except when he stole a drumstick from Flip and proceeded to pound the hell out of his cymbal. When I saw Alter Bridge last year, totally different story. These guys were having fun, joking with each other, the fans.
Oh and the negativity ain't spewing from my soul. It's from my mouth.;)
It is well, it is well, in my soul.

Braddsn 01-26-2006 06:57 PM

Shiver, I feel ya! I can see where you are coming from, because as much as I hate to say it, Stapp can really be a tool. I hated Stapp for the last 2 years of Creed. Personally, I feel that Stapp was 99% of the reason that Creed split. (Although nobody really knows). If not for his ego, teamed with the drug/alchohol problems, we would probably still have Creed. I have always been a decent judge of character, and for some reason, even though Stapp can really be an idiot, I do see good in him. Some people are just all bad, period. But I think he is good deep down. And I can only hope he has learned from all of this. IF there ever is the chance of a reunion, then Stapp would have to really adjust his attitude. It seems that he is not as cocky now that Creed is over, and he is maybe seeing some light. But who knows!

By the way, what do you think of the songs "You Stand Here with Me" and "Hide"? Listen to them before you answer. Alot of ppl tend to be hard on the "Weathered" album, but I think there is some good stuff on it.

Later!

Dogstar 01-26-2006 07:24 PM

I like Hide, but not SHWM so much. I don't know, overall that album lacked cohesiveness or something. I like selected tracks, but I typically listen to an album all the way through, and I can't do that with Weathered anymore. It bores me, I guess. I love Who's Got My Back, but I'm not fond of Weathered or Freedom Fighter, but I like Bullets. And I couldn't stand Lullaby. On MOP or HC, I don't skip anything, except maybe WAWO, and not because I don't like the song. I think I just got tired of hearing it so much when I was listening to radio.