CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   are these the top 10 albums ever? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8992)

aussiecreeder 04-19-2005 09:40 AM

are these the top 10 albums ever?

The Radiohead album "OK Computer" has topped an English poll as being the best album of all time.

The band beat U2, Nirvana and The Beatles to the top spot, with over 400,000 people voting in the poll.

REM's Michael Stipe says of "OK Computer": ""OK Computer" is Radiohead really stretching and pushing the boundaries of what they think they're capable of doing and what their audience thinks they're capable of doing and it is a classic, brilliant record."

The top 10 are as follows:

1 Radiohead "OK Computer"
2 U2 "The Joshua Tree"
3 Nirvana "Nevermind"
4 Michael Jackson "Thriller"
5 Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon"
6 Oasis "Definitely Maybe"
7 The Beatles "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
8 Madonna "Like a Prayer"
9 Guns n' Roses "Appetite for Destruction"
10 The Beatles "The White Album"

my opinion was while ok computer is very good it was not the best album ever made and would probably struggle to make my top ten. the full list i haven't being able to locate but if someone could post that it would be great.

RMadd 04-19-2005 12:07 PM

i can't believe Led Zeppelin I or IV didn't make the list!!!! that's a crime, a horrible, horrible crime!

JulieCitySlicker 04-19-2005 12:26 PM

That list sucks :moon2:

Dogstar 04-19-2005 12:41 PM

Hmmm, depends on the ages of the voters, I guess, and what the criteria were for top albums of all time. Sales, critical acclaim, influence?

Oasis...:vomit:

RMadd 04-19-2005 12:58 PM

while i agree that british/english artists, esp. w/ regard to older brands of rock (most of the really good stuff), i don't agree w/ those listed. Madonna? Radiohead? Oasis? ugh. IMO, The Joshua Tree belongs on the list, along w/ Floyd's DSotM, GN'R's Appetite, and either one of (or, if necessary, both) The Beatles' albums. Nirvana should be stricken from the list as well; i'm not a huge fan of theirs, as some of you may well know. every time i hear Smells Like Teen Spirit on the radio, i can't help but change the station.
The list is missing the likes of Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath... my personal list just keeps going

Higher_Desire 04-19-2005 01:36 PM

There's definetly some classic albums on the list, but this is my top 10.

10. Kid Rock -- Devil Without A Cause
09. Aerosmith -- A Little South of Sanity
08. Beatles -- Yellow Submarine
07. Pink Floyd -- Dark Side of the Moon
06. Ozzy Osbourne -- Diary of a Madman
05. KISS -- Psycho Circus
04. Nirvana -- Nevermind
03. Moody Blues -- The Other Side of Life
02. Creed -- Human Clay
01. Metallica -- ...And Justice For All

H-D :pimp:

Ed Wood 04-19-2005 07:25 PM

Kid Rock??? You're kidding, right?

Ed Wood 04-19-2005 07:27 PM

Oh well, I guess you're entitled to like Kid Rock.

aussiecreeder 04-19-2005 08:14 PM

Kid Rock? :eek: dude.....and Kerri nothing wrong with Oasis! :)
There should be some Led Zep there amongst a heap of other bands. I'm not surprised that Radiohead and Oasis are there but I don't think OK Computer deserves a top 10 spot, yet alone the top spot. Kid Rock??????????

Wylde-Tremonti 04-19-2005 10:21 PM

Um NO...
(in no particular order)
Metallica- Ride The Lightning
Ozzy-Blizzard of Ozz
Black Sabbath- Paranoid
Metallica- And Justice For All
Black Label Society- Sonic Brew
Pantera-Cowboys From Hell
Zakk Wylde-Book of Shadows
Alice In Chains- Alice In Chains
Creed- My Own Prison
Metallica- Master of Puppets

Ed Wood 04-20-2005 12:24 AM

I can't really do a full top 10 list, but I think Soundgarden's "Superunknown" definitely belongs. Might be the best rock album of the last 20 years.

jango 04-21-2005 10:45 PM

o·pin·ion
A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
The prevailing view: public opinion.
Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.

Ed Wood 04-21-2005 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jango
o·pin·ion
A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
The prevailing view: public opinion.
Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.

No shit.

RMadd 04-22-2005 12:53 AM

i tell ya what, Jango's a flippin' genius. i wish i had access to a dictionary, yo

fluttergirl 04-22-2005 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Wood
I can't really do a full top 10 list, but I think Soundgarden's "Superunknown" definitely belongs. Might be the best rock album of the last 20 years.

have my children.
or i will have yours.
i dont know how that works if its the girl saying it.
as for the original list-just-no.
no.
lol.