CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Brett Hestla (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4552)

musicmind226 10-05-2003 09:30 PM

Brett Hestla

So, what is everybody's opoion in him here?

hide 10-05-2003 09:54 PM

i'm a little dissapointed to read at tremonti.net whether its true or not that Brett won't be involved in the next record as Mark will be handling bass. I think Brett could add a lot to the studio, allow Mark to concentrate on guitar, Brett can sing back-up and play guitar and violin as well.

Dogstar 10-05-2003 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hide
i'm a little dissapointed to read at tremonti.net whether its true or not that Brett won't be involved in the next record as Mark will be handling bass.  I think Brett could add a lot to the studio, allow Mark to concentrate on guitar, Brett can sing back-up and play guitar and violin as well.

I'm with you, especially after what he put into the tour. I wish they would find a permanent bassist so that Mark could concentrate on what he's best at -- the guitar.

PaulMcCoygirl 10-05-2003 11:23 PM

I say let Brett be in the band. He did an excellent job on tour with them! I think he would do an awesome job on Creed's next record too!

Dogstar 10-05-2003 11:32 PM

Nice avie, Alisha!

PaulMcCoygirl 10-05-2003 11:34 PM

Thanks!! I made it a few minutes ago. He's my honey. lol! I wish! :D

facelessman 10-05-2003 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hide
i'm a little dissapointed to read at tremonti.net whether its true or not that Brett won't be involved in the next record as Mark will be handling bass.  I think Brett could add a lot to the studio, allow Mark to concentrate on guitar, Brett can sing back-up and play guitar and violin as well.

yeah

musicmind226 10-06-2003 05:31 PM

Here's the deal, an a opioion of mine, some may dissagree but I try not to put it so bluntly.

Mark sucks on bass, yes....indeed he most certainly does. He is not 1/3rd the bass player that brian marshall was, and most likely will never be. If mark was 1/3rd the bass player brian was, creed would not need a bass player. The bass lines on weathered were

-rushed
-un-varried
-could barely hear them

However, I give little credit to mark as any kind of a bass player. As a guitar player, well thats a whole hell of a different story. He is the closest guy if NOT THEE last guitar god we have today in a world of somewhat bleak guitarists. The man is amazing, and this is coming from a guitar player.

With brian marshall the bass lines were vibrant, and really cool to listen to. But with mark, sorry to say that element on weatherd lack tremendously. Why creed could not of hired a studio bassist is beyond me.

So, like I have said before, I view brett as a member of the band pretty much and I'm still hopeing creed will re-comsider. However, it's also entirely brett's choice.

hide 10-06-2003 10:39 PM

Seems like it was the band's decision Stapp has said that he didn't notice any difference and Mark obviously felt he did a good job. I belive the bass is not as noticable in Weathered because they were going for a cleaner sound and when you turn it up (like you should) the bass is quite noticeable.

However I do agree the bass lines were rushed in Weathered and I hope Mark takes as much time doing these as the guitar lines and a bass solo or two would be nice. Hopefully Brett does come into the studio though.

musicmind226 10-06-2003 10:49 PM

The thing is as well, as I have also stressed, if that creed does not seem like a complete band w/o a bassist, when they began as a four peice band, not a three peice.

We can only hope:cool:

hide 10-06-2003 10:56 PM

That is true but live they are a four peice and as long as the studio work in the bass department is improved then we won't notice any difference. Mark is an incredible guitarist and will be able to pick up suffiecent bass skills up to the level of Brian.

musicmind226 10-06-2003 11:05 PM

I don't know man, hopefully, but I think it would be better for creed musically if they just got a dam bassist.

I have already considered brett an ambiguous member of the band for 3 years now, and he's been touring with them, accepting awards and such he may as well as join. I remember talking to somebody on another creed board and they asked brett if he would join and he said yes if creed wanted to.

On something different,

sevendust will be on rockline 11:30 eastern time, and I'm not sure what time zone that is for you.

hide 10-06-2003 11:25 PM

well I am in Australia so we are about half a day ahead of you I think it is 13:24 pm on Tuesday right now. I too consider Brett to be part of the band but it seems he's part of the band in live appearances only. Virgos seems in limbo so it must be frustrating for him.

HESTLA'S HONEY 10-07-2003 06:47 AM

Hello, :D

I agree with all of you. Creed needs a bassists and Brett is good and will only get better!

I certainly hope he becomes part a permanant addition to Creed.

~Honey~:)

musicmind226 10-07-2003 06:13 PM

I have seen brett, and he IS good, but not quite like marshall.