CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   rollingstone AB review (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7293)

aussiecreeder 08-27-2004 01:45 AM

rollingstone AB review

does this confuse anyone else, read on i'm sure it will;

One Day Remains Two Star Ranking

Three-quarters of Creed coldier on without Scott Stapp

You can't kill Creed, even if you try. Anyone hoping that the departure of Scott Stapp would end an era of evangelical grunge would be advised to skip the debut from Alter Bridge a.k.a. three-fourths of Creed with a new singer. New frontman Myles Kennedy is a better singer than his one-note predecessor - his upper-octave voice lands him capably between Chris Cornell and Robert Plant - but he's just as prone to hokey religious imagery. There's already talk of an "angel" and a "crown of thorns" on the opening track, "Find The Real", and it's not an isolated theme here. On the other hand, guitarist Mark Tremonti just shreds. His piercing solos on "One Day Remains" and "Metalingus" are positively Slash-like and a hell of a lot better than anything on the Velvet Revolver record. Maybe there's some hope for being reborn after all.

so myles' vocals are somewhat like cornell and plant and the shredding is better than what slash did on contraband and yet the album only deserves two stars? the only negative the author really states is the religious references.

The Lithium 08-27-2004 03:56 AM

What the fuck?? Screw Rolling Stone!!!!!! :mad: :mad2:

Evil_wizzzard 08-27-2004 06:57 AM

So you see... I'm not the only one who thinks that AB is not the best group in town...

The Lithium 08-27-2004 07:41 AM

Shut up, or shut the fuck up!! Your choice!!

farmgirl 08-27-2004 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard
So you see... I'm not the only one who thinks that AB is not the best group in town...

No, you're not the only one. They are ok but certainly not the best group in town. :D

jammy123 08-27-2004 09:01 AM

this review sucks beans.....i read a review which gave ODR 5/5....u cant rely on the reviews....everyone has different opinions

DangerousDan85 08-27-2004 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM
What the fuck?? Screw Rolling Stone!!!!!! :mad: :mad2:

relax... take a deep breath.... everything's gonna be okay young Sebastian

:)

RMadd 08-27-2004 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM
Shut up, or shut the fuck up!! Your choice!!

:hammerlol

aussiecreeder 08-27-2004 12:04 PM

negative reviews suck but that isn't even the issue. the author states the vocals and guitar work is really good and yet the album only deserves two stars? didn't weathered get 3 stars? get a clue rollingstone!

The Lithium 08-27-2004 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85
relax... take a deep breath.... everything's gonna be okay young Sebastian

:)

Mmmkaaaaay, Master!!

DangerousDan85 08-27-2004 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
negative reviews suck but that isn't even the issue. the author states the vocals and guitar work is really good and yet the album only deserves two stars? didn't weathered get 3 stars? get a clue rollingstone!

weathered got 3.5, here's the review

Weathered RS Review

it's funny that in the AB review, they refer to Stapp as the "one note predecessor".

but then they say this about his voice in the Weathered review: "Scott Stapp's gorgeously able tenor-baritone"

i'm guessing that two different people did those reviews :rolleyes:

Riffman544 08-27-2004 01:02 PM

Rolling stone might have given AB a shitty score and review.....But rollingstone also has had nothing but pop music on thier cover for the last...lets see.....well for forever :smokin: And to me (Who is of catholic faith) happen to love lyrics that are spiritual ....and wine too....love my wine! :smokin:

farmgirl 08-27-2004 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riffman544
Rolling stone might have given AB a shitty score and review.....But rollingstone also has had nothing but pop music on thier cover for the last...lets see.....well for forever

Ain't that the truth. I subscribe to that mag but there are so many ads and non-music related crap in there and the music they do cover, isn't worth listening to alot of the time. :(

Kimvan 08-27-2004 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85
weathered got 3.5, here's the review

Weathered RS Review

it's funny that in the AB review, they refer to Stapp as the "one note predecessor".

but then they say this about his voice in the Weathered review: "Scott Stapp's gorgeously able tenor-baritone"

i'm guessing that two different people did those reviews :rolleyes:

I'd go with the Weathered review rather than the AB review for a more accurate description of Stapp's voice. I wouldn't call him the 'one note predecessor' at all. Granted, he doesn't hit the same high notes that Myles does, but those high notes are what grate on my nerves the most! Just my humble opinion. :)

Ann Allusion 08-27-2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

the author states the vocals and guitar work is really good and yet the album only deserves two stars?

Basically what i have said all along...great on the technical side...apparently R.S. has issues with the lyrics as well...and well, the author of the piece gave THEIR viewpoint...Besides, i hope people weren't expecting AB to receive nothing but GLOWING reviews...some people just don't like what they hear...that simple.

Once again, personal choice...