CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Misunderstood Creed Lyrics Of Our Own (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6261)

Creed_Defaultgirl 06-26-2004 01:09 AM

My HC booklet only says.....

Are you ready?
Are you ready?

and it skips the part we seem to be having some confusion over.......

I think it's..... for what's to come. It makes more sense to me.

Redeemer 09-14-2004 11:09 AM

That's going to stump me for the rest of my life. That and "raging/raping innocence". I was so sure it was raping, now Dan just said it was raging, and I'm confuzzled. Damnit. :wtf:
I used to think Scott said "golden streams" in Higher, too...but the funniest thing is the thread-starter: "There's a beast inside your soul..." Wow, that just takes the cake. :D

R U Ready? 09-14-2004 04:49 PM

Can't remember 100% now, but way back when I heard my first Creed song ever on the radio (I think) My Sacrifice, I thought he said "Up above all the ocean(s?)" "Up above the ocean(s?)" or something like that, maybe I left out the "Up."

R U Ready? 09-14-2004 04:52 PM

Sorry for the double post, BTW, is it possible that Scott is saying "raping innocence" because you can't put "raping" in the lyrics book or something like that? I always thought he said raping.

Redeemer 09-15-2004 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R U Ready?
Sorry for the double post, BTW, is it possible that Scott is saying "raping innocence" because you can't put "raping" in the lyrics book or something like that? I always thought he said raping.

Hell, with all that other swill ppl stick in lyrics books, I don't think "raping" would have caused an uproar. Speaking of uproars, does "g-damn" appear in the MOP insert? I don't remember if it does and I don't have the insert to check. Now THAT would be pretty dicey. :rolleyes:

Mr. Prophet Man 09-15-2004 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemer
Hell, with all that other swill ppl stick in lyrics books, I don't think "raping" would have caused an uproar. Speaking of uproars, does "g-damn" appear in the MOP insert? I don't remember if it does and I don't have the insert to check. Now THAT would be pretty dicey. :rolleyes:

GD does not appear in the booklet, otherwise, MOP would've had a PA sticker on it.

Redeemer 09-16-2004 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Prophet Man
GD does not appear in the booklet, otherwise, MOP would've had a PA sticker on it.

Oh, yeah. *smacks herself* You've got a point there. :D

R U Ready? 09-16-2004 05:01 PM

You're right, Redeemer, if some things were left out of lyrics books that are worse than raping, then the book would be empty for some artists. :D

I think Scott says "For what's to come" in "R U Ready?"

R U Ready? 09-16-2004 05:08 PM

Oh, and the store I went in to buy my first Creed CD Weathered (I bought from most recent to less recent for some reason :rolleyes: ) I saw MOP with a PG rating sticker. I had never seen this sticker before, just things like Explicit Lyrics but it didn't have that on it. When I eventually bought MOP another day, it didn't have any stickers or warnings. :confused:

R U Ready? 09-18-2004 11:08 PM

BTW, what does Scott sing in PFAD when it sounds like "sell and sell my pity for a dime and a ????? take my soul?" It comes b/t the chorus a couple of times.

hayley 09-19-2004 05:19 AM

Man I'm sure in Unforgiven it's "raping innocence" Oh well.

Haha this is funny, it's funny to see what peopple come up with. When I first got my ex-friend into Creed, she mistaked some lyrics for Young Grow Old. (This is so funny I will forever laugh at this) Instead of being, "He said he's falling to pieces, fighting the boy and the man, over his shoulder there was freedom, but consciounsness has tied his hands" She thought it was:

"Peices falling to peices, fighting the boy and the man, over his shoulder there was freedom, but consciounsness has dyed his hair" :laugh: :laugh:

There are some others but I can't remember them right now, I never really misundersood many Creed lyrics, because as soon as I got the albums I would follow the booklet with the lyrics, but there were sometimes when I got the occasional word wrong.

There was a funny part in My Sacrifice that X had mistaken, but damn I can't remember now. Oh well.

Dani 09-19-2004 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R U Ready?
BTW, what does Scott sing in PFAD when it sounds like "sell and sell my pity for a dime and a ????? take my soul?" It comes b/t the chorus a couple of times.

This has been bugging me for ages. I would love to know too. Can anyone help us out?

TeriB19 09-19-2004 09:25 AM

I always thought it sounded like "sellin' sellin' my pity for a dime and another man take my soul". At least that's how I sing it when I'm belting it out in the car.

Creed_Defaultgirl 09-21-2004 10:56 PM

Yeah, it is
Selling selling my pity for a dime and another man take my soul.

Makes sense to me......... :)

Dani 09-23-2004 03:15 AM

Thanks so much Teri and Creed_Default Girl. It makes sense now :)