CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What If There Was No Tomorrow? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=906)

hayley 12-13-2002 10:36 PM

What If There Was No Tomorrow?

I know that this made Marlsy sad, but i think it would be a good and very interesting conversation.

What would you do, if you knew that there would be no tomorrow?

What would you do, for a whole day, knowing that there would be no tomorrow?

:P

Very interesting.....

hotforscott 12-13-2002 10:46 PM

It's like that poem for kids called "A prayer for a child". The message is to let you know that you should let the little things slide, like dishes, and laundry and spend time with your child. I will post it. It's really sweet.

Here it is:

Just for this morning, I am going to smile when I see your face and laugh when I feel like crying. Just for this morning, I will let you choose what you want to wear, and smile and say how perfect it is.
Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry, and pick you up and take you to the park to play.
Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put that puzzle of yours together.

Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the telephone, keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and blow bubbles.

Just for this afternoon, I will not yell once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream and whine for the ice cream truck, and I will buy you one if he comes by.

Just for this afternoon, I will not worry about what you are going to be when you grow up, or second-guess every decision I have made where you are concerned.

Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I will not stand over you trying to fix them.

Just for this afternoon, I will take us both to McDonald's and buy us both a Happy Meal so we can have both toys.

Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you a story about how you were born and how much I love you.

Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry.

Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all the stars.

Just for this evening, I will snuggle beside you for hours, and miss my favorite TV shows.

Just for this evening when I run my finger through your hair as you pray, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever given.

I will think about the mothers and fathers who are searching for their missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting their children's graves instead of their bedrooms, and the mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly, and screaming inside they can't handle it anymore.

And when I kiss you goodnight, I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then, that I will thank God for you, and ask him for nothing, except one more day.

hayley 12-13-2002 10:52 PM

wow that was beautiful.

TeriB19 12-13-2002 10:57 PM

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read. Thank you so much, Carrie, for sharing that with us. I need to follow that much more often than I do.

marlsy 12-13-2002 11:19 PM

Wow, that really is beautiful!! I need to do just that more often. If there was no tomorrow, I would spend every single minute of today with my girls.

hayley 12-13-2002 11:21 PM

yes and seeing that i don't have any children,;) then i would spend the day with faceless kiwi.:P Cauze he means the world to me:D and family of course.

Mulletman 12-13-2002 11:38 PM

time to load up on ammo and weapons...... for the people that pissed me off all my life.....

i'll be damned if im going peacefully

souldancer 12-13-2002 11:38 PM

I think that is a valuable question and a beautiful poem - thanks.
I would start the day by greeting the sunrise with a nice cup of coffee and scone at the river; go for a walk and create my last day's tight intinerary; tell special people those important things and forgive a couple that I still have trouble with; brush my cat, sort through and deystroy some private journals; drive to the Berkely Marina and fly a kite. Have some clam chowder and write my 'last letter about life'; headbang to Santana and Creed on the pier; Stop at 4th street and have some midafternoon tea and chocolate-make a list of gratitudes. Drive west to Bodega Bay, take the long route through SF to see the city. Stop by the wharf and pick up a bottle of nice red wine and some sour French bread. Head to the picnic table. Make some other phone calls and share unsaid words. Listen to some oldies,,,,Crosby Stills and Nash, Van Morrison, Credence,CR Eagle, Fleetwood, Beatles,,,Feed the gulls. Meet some friends and go for a walk on the beach - talk about life, cry, laugh, dance and watch the sun set. Let the night unfold with contentment.

TeriB19 12-13-2002 11:43 PM

See Mullet, there were no weapons in that day at all!!!

That sounds like a great day.

souldancer 12-13-2002 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mulletman
time to load up on ammo and weapons...... for the people that pissed me off all my life.....

...and what do you have planned for the others?

* * runs quickly away so as not to piss him off * *

DangerousDan85 12-13-2002 11:56 PM

I would have lived a sad, painful, and pointless life

hayley 12-13-2002 11:57 PM

bullshit lol

DangerousDan85 12-14-2002 12:01 AM

and sometimes humorous

hayley 12-14-2002 12:02 AM

lol yeah that's better:P

DangerousDan85 12-14-2002 12:03 AM

:lol: