CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hurricane! Is everyone alright? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9580)

JulieCitySlicker 09-05-2005 07:36 AM

I just got word from the other board that my friend is and her famiily is safe and ok :D
Thanks for your prayers everyone!

hotforscott 09-05-2005 10:46 AM

That's great news, Julie. I am so glad to hear that.

Dogstar 09-05-2005 02:39 PM

Woooooooo-hoooooooooooooooooooooo, that's great news, Julie!!!! :hugs:

JulieCitySlicker 09-05-2005 05:30 PM

Thanks Carrie and Kerri,lol :) I know,I so happy that she is alrighjt :D

Dogstar 09-05-2005 06:01 PM

Our company has a newspaper in Biloxi and so far, all but 8 of the 240 employees have checked in. We are having a fund at work to help them because most of them are now homeless :(. And they are still trying to put out the paper, mostly online, but we've been getting daily updates on how they are doing. It's really something to see them pull together and help each other out. They are also helping whoever they can in the area. The scary part is, they have to have guards at the door to keep the looters out. They still only have sporadic power and all and the sanitary situation is dicey, but people are working together. We have two people from our paper down there helping, too.

JulieCitySlicker 09-05-2005 06:10 PM

I hope that more of them check in soon Kerri :hugs: Its great to hear about people working together during times of need to. If only we could all learn to do that all the time instead of only when there is a crisis.

Dogstar 09-05-2005 06:19 PM

I know. I was just watching the news and there is a guy donating the use of an 18-wheeler that they are going to fill up with clothes and medical supplies. It's going to a church outside Baton Rouge and they are going to give it to the people there.

JulieCitySlicker 09-05-2005 06:22 PM

Thats great Kerri ;)

Dogstar 09-05-2005 06:27 PM

Yes, this makes me a little happier to see. I have felt so awful for all the people who lost their families and homes and all. I just hope they rescue whoever is still trapped.

JulieCitySlicker 09-05-2005 06:30 PM

I just wonder how and why people are still trapt there? What the hell are the rescuers doing? Those people should have all been taken out of there by now! That pisses me off that there are still people that need rescued :mad:

Dogstar 09-05-2005 06:33 PM

I know. I think FEMA and the administration just didn't move fast enough. The floodwaters didn't help, either. I just hope they find everybody who's still alive.

JulieCitySlicker 09-05-2005 06:34 PM

Me to girl!

hotforscott 09-06-2005 09:41 AM

That's great news to hear about the 18- wheeler being loaded up. I have seen a church each day, when I drive down JFK Blvd that loads up a number of donations on the side of the road. Clothes, water, furniture, all kind of stuff, and they are driving it down there once full. Clear Channel Metroplex got 42 18 wheelers sent down there, and raised 200,000. I heard that on the radio. They have been taking donations 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, since it happened. I just hope that the support continues to grow, and in 2 months people don't just move onto something else. I hope people realize how much this had affected people's lives.

Dogstar 09-06-2005 06:24 PM

Yeah, I hear you. I probably will make a regular Red Cross donation as much as I can. They are going to need help for years. I'm also making some baby blankets (crocheted). I saw a little news item on the Times-Picayune web site about some local woman who wants seamstresses to make blankets for babies and small children. I don't sew a lot, but I do crochet. I've been trying to call the number to see where I can send mine, if they want them, but I haven't been able to get through. I figure I'll just make them and even if she doesn't want them, I can donate them to the Salvation Army or something or the Red Cross. There are supposedly families coming to Philadelphia, so maybe I can give them to them. I just feel like doing something more than donating cash.

hotforscott 09-06-2005 08:11 PM

I know what you mean. I donated cash, and brought some items by to load on one of the 18-wheelers. I heard on the news tonight that it will take 3 weeks to clear out the water, 3 weeks to clear out the debris, and 8 weeks to get electricity back. This really is a sad deal. That's cool that you are making a blanket. That's a good idea. I hope you get through to someone who can tell you where to send it. If I could sew, I would do that also, but I wouldn't even know where to begin.