CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hurricane! Is everyone alright? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9580)

JulieCitySlicker 09-02-2005 07:34 AM

I know,gas here is supposed to go up to atleast $4.00! I'm lucky I don't drive,lol. I'll be donating some money to, when I get paid today.

aussiecreeder 09-02-2005 07:58 AM

80% of homes in new orleans is underwater i read this morning. :(
this may sound bad or weird but its one thing when terrible events happen in some poor third country. it seems somehow more real to me when its london or the u.s even if those countries are on the other side of the world. don't know if anyone else feels the same way as me......

hotforscott 09-02-2005 09:14 AM

I have heard that there are people with FEMA that will spend the rest of their careers, 15-20 years doing nothing BUT re-building New Orleans. It is a very emotional time for a lot of people. Being that it's just weeks away from the 9-11 anniversary, probably even more so, because they both have had such an impact on society. I saw that 109,000 had been raised here in Central Arkansas at this point, and I hope that number continues to rise. My heart really goes out to the victims of this tragic catastrophe.

creedsister 09-02-2005 10:00 AM

Now We Got Fire Folks

Down in new orleans its a sight my prayers are with those poor casulties down there, last i heared i think Bush was planing on dropping in and stopping by :D how wonderful

Dogstar 09-02-2005 01:31 PM

Yeah, Bush was just answering reporters' questions about why the relief effort is moving so slowly.

Bridge of Clay 09-02-2005 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yeah, Bush was just answering reporters' questions about why the relief effort is moving so slowly.

They knew it was coming, why they didn't do nothing before???

Maybe Bush was busy in his ranch...

Dogstar 09-02-2005 04:47 PM

Heh, I'm trying to keep the politics out of it because if I start on Bush, there will be no stopping me. :mad:

hotforscott 09-02-2005 05:00 PM

Quote:

Heh, I'm trying to keep the politics out of it because if I start on Bush, there will be no stopping me. :mad:

LOL, Past threads have shown that there have been some pretty heated debates in this department. I am the same way.

Bridge of Clay 09-02-2005 05:09 PM

Quote:

hehehe I couldn't resist! sorry

JulieCitySlicker 09-02-2005 06:54 PM

The thing that I don't get is this,and my boss was saying the same thing today to. We have so many airliners in our country alone,why can't they send some planes over there and get those people OUT! Its been over 4 days now and all of those poeple are still trapt in New Orleans with nothing to do besides wait for help to come and food/water. I think more could be done to rescue those people.

Dogstar 09-02-2005 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
hehehe I couldn't resist! sorry

Hehehe :D

JulieCitySlicker 09-03-2005 07:00 PM

Still no word from my friend :(

Xterminator27 09-04-2005 05:52 AM

It will be interesting to see what they do with New Atlantis, it would be dumb to rebuild it, as the same thing is most likely to happen eventually.

Too bad for the people stuck there :(

creedsister 09-04-2005 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27
It will be interesting to see what they do with New Atlantis, it would be dumb to rebuild it, as the same thing is most likely to happen eventually.

Too bad for the people stuck there :(

it would be mommies upset about berboun street because thats where she wanted her ashes when she dies i told her she needs to think about another location now

Dogstar 09-04-2005 10:47 PM

It's unreal to see all that history just washed away. I can't imagine trying to get your bearings in a place that basically no longer exists. That's just so weird.