CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Political Banter (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Protests planned for Iraq war's third anniversary (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10714)

Ana4Stapp 03-18-2006 08:24 AM

Protests planned for Iraq war's third anniversary

Protests planned for Iraq war's third anniversary

Anti-war demonstrators held rallies across the globe Saturday to protest the war in Iraq as campaigners marked the third anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion with a demand that coalition troops pull out.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/as....ap/index.html

Comments about these demonstrations against the occupation of Iraq?

eusebioCBR 03-18-2006 12:51 PM

Re: Protests planned for Iraq war's third anniversary

I don't know wich is the bigger cliche anymore, the media or the protesters?
I don't believe Pres Bush gives a damn about these protesters. He's going to term out and I would think he'd rather be remembered for staying the course.
I just don't believe he is going to yield to a handful of latter day hippies.(handful compared to the global population)

Ana4Stapp 03-18-2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eusebioCBR
I don't know wich is the bigger cliche anymore, the media or the protesters?
I don't believe Pres Bush gives a damn about these protesters. He's going to term out and I would think he'd rather be remembered for staying the course.
I just don't believe he is going to yield to a handful of latter day hippies.(handful compared to the global population)

I cant believe how you guys are pro-war....:(

So you are saying you are against the protest? Or agaisnt the right that people have to make protests about certain things? This is a democratic and important value we have...

And I m sorry that Bush doesnt pay attention to this ...

eusebioCBR 03-18-2006 01:26 PM

I made no pro war statement. I think protest is good, but everybody is well aware of their(protesters) position.

Chase 03-18-2006 03:19 PM

I do, however, think that people should protest the protesters.

http://protestwarrior.com/

Watch some of the videos.

Chase 03-18-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
I cant believe how you guys are pro-war....:(

So you are saying you are against the protest? Or agaisnt the right that people have to make protests about certain things? This is a democratic and important value we have...

And I m sorry that Bush doesnt pay attention to this ...

A lot of these protesters don't even know what they're protesting. They're just doing it because it's trendy. I'm only pro-war against people who enjoy denying natural freedoms to their fellow man. Both Osama and Saddam fall under that category.

Ana4Stapp 03-18-2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase
A lot of these protesters don't even know what they're protesting. They're just doing it because it's trendy. I'm only pro-war against people who enjoy denying natural freedoms to their fellow man. Both Osama and Saddam fall under that category.

Wow!:eek: I think you should try to live under a dictatorship where you CANT protest about anything...:rolleyes:

Its amazing how you are pro-war, Chase...without going to a war ...its easy...isnt it?

eusebioCBR 03-18-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Chase is right, I've seen video interviews of people in these crowds. Some of them aren't sure what's being protested, but they are there because they HATE Pres Bush or they're anti America.
I'm not saying all them, but they are there.

Ana4Stapp 03-18-2006 03:33 PM

Quote:

Chase is right, I've seen video interviews of people in these crowds. Some of them aren't sure what's being protested, but they are there because they HATE Pres Bush or they're anti America.
I'm not saying all them, but they are there.

So I think you could join with Chase to live under a dictatorship...:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp 03-18-2006 03:46 PM

Quote:

I do, however, think that people should protest the protesters.

http://protestwarrior.com/

Watch some of the videos.

Now I know where your discourses come from...:rolleyes:

leftist gangs? LOL!!!!!!

eusebioCBR 03-18-2006 03:48 PM

Quote:

What exactly do you mean? I understand freedom is precious, but history has proven that dictatorships only respond to agression.
That's not my opinion, that's life.

Ana4Stapp 03-18-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

What exactly do you mean? I understand freedom is precious, but history has proven that dictatorships only respond to agression.
That's not my opinion, that's life.

WHAT?:eek: I mean...besides war...are you advocating dictatorship as a solution?

I was pointing that you and Chase seem to agree that protest are unessentials, and I suggested that you two could try a dictatorial experience...because theres no permission to protest in this situation...so you'll probably enjoy this kind of governement

Chase 03-18-2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

What are you talking about? Our men and women in the military are protecting the rights of these people to protest. It's true though... A LOT of them are protesting because it's trendy. Maybe you would enjoy watching Hitler take over Europe without resistance... or Japan take over Asia without resistance... but most people with some sense of sanity recognize that war is a possibility when having to deal with rogue regimes.

Chase 03-18-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Now I know where your discourses come from...:rolleyes:

leftist gangs? LOL!!!!!!

Watch these videos and see how intolerant and violent some of the "peace-loving" protesters can get. They don't accept other people's voice or opinions... so how can they expect people to accept their's.

Ana4Stapp 03-18-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

What are you talking about? Our men and women in the military are protecting the rights of these people to protest. It's true though... A LOT of them are protesting because it's trendy. Maybe you would enjoy watching Hitler take over Europe without resistance... or Japan take over Asia without resistance... but most people with some sense of sanity recognize that war is a possibility when having to deal with rogue regimes.

Its amazing the way you like changing my words here...when YOU were the one who said that protests are fake ...why? because they are AGAINST your president foreign policy that invaded a COUNTRY three years ago and still doesnt have any solution to Iraq situation...and dont say that you are winning this war...:eek:

Protest is trendy? Or war is trendy? I chose to say that PEACE is trendy!!

eusebioCBR 03-18-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

WHAT?:eek: I mean...besides war...are you advocating dictatorship as a solution?

I was pointing that you and Chase seem to agree that protest are unessentials, and I suggested that you two could try a dictatorial experience...because theres no permission to protest in this situation...so you'll probably enjoy this kind of governement

Oh, yes protest should be honored. My point is that these protesters are playing the same old song.
The general public can get tired of the same protest no matter how legitimate there point might be.

Ana4Stapp 03-18-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

Watch these videos and see how intolerant and violent some of the "peace-loving" protesters can get. They don't accept other people's voice or opinions... so how can they expect people to accept their's.

in the same way that you the radical conservative guys dont accept other opinions..:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp 03-18-2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Oh, yes protest should be honored. My point is that these protesters are playing the same old song.
The general public can get tired of the same protest no matter how legitimate there point might be.

maybe one of these days someone pay attention to this ...

Chase 03-18-2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Its amazing the way you like changing my words here...when YOU were the one who said that protests are fake ...why? because they are AGAINST your president foreign policy that invaded a COUNTRY three years ago and still doesnt have any solution to Iraq situation...and dont say that you are winning this war...:eek:

Protest is trendy? Or war is trendy? I chose to say that PEACE is trendy!!

I never said that these "protests are fake." I merely said that a lot of people involved in them don't know why they're protesting and are doing it just because it's a trendy thing to do. When you start comparing Americans to Nazis... you lose all legitimacy. I mean... just because you're upset that Saddam Hussein is sitting in a prison cell and is being tried by the same Iraqis that he persecuted doesn't mean that you should be upset at me.

Ana4Stapp 03-18-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

I never said that these "protests are fake." I merely said that a lot of people involved in them don't know why they're protesting and are doing it just because it's a trendy thing to do. When you start comparing Americans to Nazis... you lose all legitimacy. I mean... just because you're upset that Saddam Hussein is sitting in a prison cell and is being tried by the same Iraqis that he persecuted doesn't mean that you should be upset at me.

Again you are accusing me in defending Saddam? Again? You could at least change your words ...try something new...lol

Seriously I can recognize that few people can participate in a protest without enough knowledge of the issue...but its not even a reason to despise protest...
Anyway you were the one who defended the freedom of speech about cartoons ...so why are u condening the people who are expressing their opinion about war?

And believe me: Im not upset at you...;)
lol

Ana4Stapp 03-19-2006 11:34 AM

Some (sad) numbers from IBC (Iraq Body Count) about violent deaths (average) in Iraq since the beginning of the war:

year 1- 20
year 2- 31
year 3- 36

By the way who said that situation in Iraq is stable now that Saddam Hussein is in a prison cell? :rolleyes:

Chase 03-19-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Some (sad) numbers from IBC (Iraq Body Count) about violent deaths (average) in Iraq since the beginning of the war:

year 1- 20
year 2- 31
year 3- 36

By the way who said that situation in Iraq is stable now that Saddam Hussein is in a prison cell? :rolleyes:

I never said that Iraq was stable... but I do recognize that you can't fix Iraq overnight. I'm optimistic and I believe that it's wrong to think that Iraqis are better off in the hands of a man who brutally abused them in every way.

Ana4Stapp 03-19-2006 04:49 PM

Quote:

I never said that Iraq was stable... but I do recognize that you can't fix Iraq overnight. I'm optimistic and I believe that it's wrong to think that Iraqis are better off in the hands of a man who brutally abused them in every way.

I never said that that person was you...:rolleyes: but anyway...recognize that US didnt expect that this war could take so much time ...the allies lost the control in Iraq...theres a civil war right now...prove that you are intelligent and admit this...

and I wont comment the final part of your post cause I said it LOTS of times...

Chase 03-19-2006 06:57 PM

Quote:

I never said that that person was you...:rolleyes: but anyway...recognize that US didnt expect that this war could take so much time ...the allies lost the control in Iraq...theres a civil war right now...prove that you are intelligent and admit this...

and I wont comment the final part of your post cause I said it LOTS of times...

If these people never wanted to live together, you can't force them too. Look at the Czechs and Slovaks and all of the ethnic states in the former Yugoslavia. If the Kurds want their own country... they have every right to pursue that avenue. Look, to be honest... I'm not a nihilist like you. I chose to be optimistic and I believe that these people will end up happier than when they were under the rule of Saddam Hussein. If each ethnic faction wants their own independent state... they have every right to go that route. I think the worst thing to do is to force these people live together if they refuse to live in peace with one and aother. At least allow them to separate themselves before their discrimination turns into bloody anarchy.

Chase 03-19-2006 06:59 PM

Quote:

Again you are accusing me in defending Saddam? Again? You could at least change your words ...try something new...lol

Seriously I can recognize that few people can participate in a protest without enough knowledge of the issue...but its not even a reason to despise protest...
Anyway you were the one who defended the freedom of speech about cartoons ...so why are u condening the people who are expressing their opinion about war?

And believe me: Im not upset at you...;)
lol

I never said I was against protests. That's part of a free and democratic society. That's one thing Iraqis were never allowed to do. They would be executed if they protested Saddam Hussein. I just think it's funny to protest something you know nothing about.

Ana4Stapp 03-19-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

If these people never wanted to live together, you can't force them too. Look at the Czechs and Slovaks and all of the ethnic states in the former Yugoslavia. If the Kurds want their own country... they have every right to pursue that avenue. Look, to be honest... I'm not a nihilist like you. I chose to be optimistic and I believe that these people will end up happier than when they were under the rule of Saddam Hussein. If each ethnic faction wants their own independent state... they have every right to go that route. I think the worst thing to do is to force these people live together if they refuse to live in peace with one and aother. At least allow them to separate themselves before their discrimination turns into bloody anarchy.

Well...its your country that is forcing them to live together...not mine (so you dont need to convince me of this.)and while your president and his allies dont recognize this necessity and consequently keep trying to hide the real situation in Iraq, the civil war will get worse and worse...the allies simply lost the control in Iraq's territory...

and ...Im not a nihilist...:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp 03-19-2006 07:42 PM

Quote:

I never said I was against protests. That's part of a free and democratic society. That's one thing Iraqis were never allowed to do. They would be executed if they protested Saddam Hussein. I just think it's funny to protest something you know nothing about.

So why 'protest the protesters' as you said before in your first post here? :rolleyes:

Chase 03-19-2006 10:40 PM

Quote:

So why 'protest the protesters' as you said before in your first post here? :rolleyes:

Because I have every right to protest their position.

Chase 03-19-2006 10:49 PM

Quote:

Well...its your country that is forcing them to live together...not mine (so you dont need to convince me of this.)and while your president and his allies dont recognize this necessity and consequently keep trying to hide the real situation in Iraq, the civil war will get worse and worse...the allies simply lost the control in Iraq's territory...

and ...Im not a nihilist...:rolleyes:

You sound like a nihilist. Nothing optimistic ever comes out of your mouth regarding any issue that deals with America. We're not forcing them to stay together. It's probably still better overall for them to be a united country. I mean, the United Kingdom is a stronger country than Ireland... is it not? Nobody is trying to "hide the real situation." Anyone with half a brain can see what's going on in Iraq.

Ana4Stapp 03-20-2006 12:18 AM

Quote:

You sound like a nihilist. Nothing optimistic ever comes out of your mouth regarding any issue that deals with America. We're not forcing them to stay together. It's probably still better overall for them to be a united country. I mean, the United Kingdom is a stronger country than Ireland... is it not? Nobody is trying to "hide the real situation." Anyone with half a brain can see what's going on in Iraq.

And you sound like a blind patriot that thinks that everybody who thinks different from your point of view hate America. I never said that...please stop try putting these kind of word in my mouth...:mad:

I really dont understand you because you seem to have two conflitant opinions here:

in the first post you said its better to Iraq numerous ethnics groups to split up:

Quote:

If each ethnic faction wants their own independent state... they have every right to go that route. I think the worst thing to do is to force these people live together if they refuse to live in peace with one and aother.

And now you said that is better to keep it together:

Quote:

It's probably still better overall for them to be a united country. ..

So... whats your real position? I didnt know that your ideas could change so fast...:rolleyes:

Ana4Stapp 03-20-2006 12:24 AM

Quote:

Nobody is trying to "hide the real situation." Anyone with half a brain can see what's going on in Iraq.

Yeah...A CIVIL WAR!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4821618.stm

Iraq in civil war, says former PM

Ana4Stapp 03-20-2006 12:27 AM

Quote:

Because I have every right to protest their position.

:rolleyes:

Well... so I hope you arent protesting it just because its trendy....:D

Chase 03-20-2006 03:35 AM

Quote:

:rolleyes:

Well... so I hope you arent protesting it just because its trendy....:D

It's not trendy if you know why you're protesting.

Chase 03-20-2006 03:36 AM

Quote:

Yeah...A CIVIL WAR!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4821618.stm

Iraq in civil war, says former PM

Holy hell, if people were trying to hide that... it would be extremely hard for you to get that information.

Ana4Stapp 03-20-2006 07:03 AM

Quote:

Holy hell, if people were trying to hide that... it would be extremely hard for you to get that information.

Your president is trying to hide this:

The Bush administration says Iraq is not in a civil war

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/me...ary/index.html

Chase 03-20-2006 03:28 PM

A major reason why they're saying that Iraq isn't in a civil war yet is because much of the attacks are still in a centralized part of the country. It isn't that widespread. For there to be a civil war... they believe that you would full scale fighting and attacks in the Kurdish region, the Shiite region, and the Sunni region. It's just the centralized larger cities in the center of the country where it's densely populated... which is a big reason why these terrorists are attacking there. In addition, for it to be an actual civil war... you would have more internal fighting amongst the Iraqis of different ethnicities. Instead what you have is a coalition of occupying forces trying to rebuild the country and maintain the peace and foreign terrorists who are being funded by foreign governments or terror organizations. A very significant number of the insurgency is composed of foreign fighters. In fact, the most wanted terrorist in Iraq is Jordanian. Yes, Iraq is a war zone... is it strictly civil war? I don't think so. The only glimpses of a civil war are when the Iraqi military or police combat strictly Iraqi militant groups. Other than that, one should be able to recognize that this is bigger than the nation of Iraq when you have so much funding being sent in from foreign sources.

Ana4Stapp 03-20-2006 05:20 PM

Quote:

A major reason why they're saying that Iraq isn't in a civil war yet is because much of the attacks are still in a centralized part of the country. It isn't that widespread. For there to be a civil war... they believe that you would full scale fighting and attacks in the Kurdish region, the Shiite region, and the Sunni region. It's just the centralized larger cities in the center of the country where it's densely populated... which is a big reason why these terrorists are attacking there. In addition, for it to be an actual civil war... you would have more internal fighting amongst the Iraqis of different ethnicities. Instead what you have is a coalition of occupying forces trying to rebuild the country and maintain the peace and foreign terrorists who are being funded by foreign governments or terror organizations. A very significant number of the insurgency is composed of foreign fighters. In fact, the most wanted terrorist in Iraq is Jordanian. Yes, Iraq is a war zone... is it strictly civil war? I don't think so. The only glimpses of a civil war are when the Iraqi military or police combat strictly Iraqi militant groups. Other than that, one should be able to recognize that this is bigger than the nation of Iraq when you have so much funding being sent in from foreign sources.

What more is necessary to recognize its a civil war? Allies are losing the control in Iraq...its obvious.

Ana4Stapp 03-20-2006 05:25 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4826754.stm

Bush says that Iraqis in some areas still face "savage" acts of violence...but isnt a civil war, right?

Ana4Stapp 03-20-2006 08:59 PM

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS...raq/index.html

He also sees signs of 'progress'...anyone else??? :rolleyes:

uncertaindrumer 03-21-2006 12:34 AM

Ya know, I am quite agaisnt this war, but sometimes I wish I wasn't, because I am so sick of people using it to paint America as a devil. I'm sure France would have loved it if we kept our devils out of Normandy in 1944. Sure Germany would have too.