CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Breaking News: Terri Schiavo passes away (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8888)

Higher_Desire 03-31-2005 10:40 AM

Breaking News: Terri Schiavo passes away

She died only minutes ago. The following story is from MSNBC. You can click the link for more.

Courtesy of MSNBC News

PINELLAS PARK, Fla. - Nearly two weeks after a court ordered her feeding tube removed, and after multiple attempts by her parents to get the order lifted, Terri Schiavo passed away on Thursday at the age of 41.

Schiavo died at the Pinellas Park hospice where she lay for years while her husband and her parents fought over her fate in the nation’s longest, most bitter right-to-die dispute.

The family battle over whether to keep her alive galvanized the nation over the last month, with even President Bush and Congress weighing in.

The case had spent seven years winding its way through the courts, with Terri Schiavo's parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, repeatedly on the losing end.

They have been at odds with their son-in-law, Michael Schiavo, who consistently won legal battles by arguing that his wife would not have wanted to live in her condition.

Denied access
Brother Paul O’Donnell, an adviser to Schiavo’s parents, said the parents and their two other children “were denied access at the moment of her death. They’ve been requesting, as you know, for the last hour to try to be in there and they were denied access by Michael Schiavo. They are in there now, praying at her bedside.”

The U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday declined to intervene for the sixth time. Hours earlier in an 9-2 ruling, the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta declined to grant a new hearing in the case — the fourth time since last week that it ruled against the Schindlers.

--------------------------

H-D :pimp:

creedsister 03-31-2005 11:41 AM

Amen Now Shes Out Of Her Misery... :jam: I Pray She Made It On Home...Away It From All, Thanks For The Info, H~D I Have,nt Turned On The News Today....

JulieCitySlicker 03-31-2005 11:56 AM

I don't know much about all of this,just bits and pieces. What I was wondering is,What the hell happened to her in the first place that she became the way she was and in hospice :confused: I haven't watched the news for a while,so I never heard about this untill people started posting about it on the boards.

Bridge of Clay 03-31-2005 12:24 PM

Julie, she had a heart attack 15 YEARS AGO that left her that condition, probably due lack of potassium (someone correct me if I'm wrong) on her system coz she was under a diet.

Finally she's resting. This whole thing went way out of proportion. It's even one of the main topics of our local press...

Higher_Desire 03-31-2005 01:05 PM

It wasn't exactly a heart-attack, Marcos. Her heart actually stopped beating for a period of time (I think about 7 minutes), and it was caused by a chemical imbalance. We've been told that she did have an eating disorder (exactly what it was, I haven't heard) but doctors believe that the eating disorder is what caused the chemical imbalance. Because her heart was stopped for so long, her brain was massivly affected, killing off most of her brain cells. She was also taking medication because of it, I think in an effort to come out of the eating disorder.

Her husband, Michael, sued the drug company that manufactured the medication and won the lawsuit. I haven't heard exactly how much they got for it, but it was to be used specifically for her care. That's how she ended up in the Hospice with the feeding tubes and all that. The only things that indicated she was even still "alive" was that she could blink, could kind of make "nnnnnggghghhh" type sounds, and her heart was beating.

That's just kind of a brief (very brief) overview of the story. All major news sites are coving the story, like Newsweek, CNN, Fox News, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, NBC/MSNBC, etc. You can visit one of their sites if you'd like more information.

H-D :pimp:

Bridge of Clay 03-31-2005 01:20 PM

right, thanks Colin!

tremonti4life04 03-31-2005 01:54 PM

I think that its sickening that they left that woman live as long as they did in the condition that she was in. They knew for a fact that she had zero chance of recovery, and thats a sad thing to do to someone. I think that michael schaivo was in the right, trying to get the feeding tube pulled. That was wrong of them to keep her alive when she was laying there for the past 15 years in a vegitative state. Shes in a much better place now and I hope that she gains a high standing in heaven for the hell that shes already been through.

JulieCitySlicker 03-31-2005 02:01 PM

Oh ok,thanks for filling me in Marcos and Colin :) That must of been a horrible last 15 years for her :eek: Atleast she isn't suffering anymore.

creedsister 03-31-2005 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tremonti4life04
I think that its sickening that they left that woman live as long as they did in the condition that she was in. They knew for a fact that she had zero chance of recovery, and thats a sad thing to do to someone. I think that michael schaivo was in the right, trying to get the feeding tube pulled. That was wrong of them to keep her alive when she was laying there for the past 15 years in a vegitative state. Shes in a much better place now and I hope that she gains a high standing in heaven for the hell that shes already been through.

I Agree I just caught up on the story

hayley 03-31-2005 04:09 PM

At least she's out of her misery.

goddess_bb 03-31-2005 07:04 PM

May she rest in peace...