CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno - Friday 4/23 (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=13091)

Dark_Knight 04-20-2010 01:44 AM

Creed on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno - Friday 4/23

Most likely will be "A Thousand Faces"

http://www.winduprecords.com/press.html

Quote:

Following their long-awaited Full Circle 2009 reunion tour, Creed announces "The 20-10 Tour," to stand up against rising concert costs with tickets specially priced at $20 and $10. The first 2,010 reserved seats are $20 all-in, meaning fans pay a flat rate with no added service charges. The remaining seats will be priced at either $20 or $10, plus applicable ticketing fees. "The 20-10 Tour" kicks off on July 28th in Washington D.C. at Jiffy Lube Live, and continues nationally through September 4th at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion in Houston, but fans can get an early taste when Creed appears on NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Friday, April 23rd.

ERock:

Quote:

"Creed will be playing The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno this Friday!!! Tune in!!"

nagpo 04-20-2010 04:25 AM

Re: Creed on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno - Friday 4/23

I will! thanks DK

Buried And Gone 04-20-2010 06:21 PM

Thanks again for the hook up bro!!

TheGreatDivide 04-21-2010 08:57 AM

I was just wondering if they would go on. Maybe they could do SNL again... I hope Scott's voice is par

Buried And Gone 04-21-2010 10:03 AM

Scott sang the national anthem a couple of weeks ago and it sounded amazing. far better than any 09 or his 08 anthem performance. But we'll see if he can do it soon enough i guess. I just hope people understand that tonight show performances are usually bad and it may not be Stapp's fault.

nagpo 04-21-2010 10:31 AM

Last time they performed on one of these shows they were extremely rushed. Hopefully they take their time.

Agent D 04-21-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
Last time they performed on one of these shows they were extremely rushed. Hopefully they take their time.

Seems like most bands' songs are too long to play given the short amount of time the Tonight Show allows them.

Dark_Knight 04-21-2010 05:48 PM

I hate admitting it but their last late night performance was down right horrible.

nagpo 04-23-2010 09:37 PM

BUMP, don't forget this guys.

Dark_Knight 04-23-2010 10:21 PM

Well it looks like they played "Higher" but I've been informed that they sounded great... here's an update from Stapp:

Quote:

"What's up?? A lot to catch up on! Played Tonight Show w/Jay Leno. Tune in tonight and CHECK IT OUT! I miss you all!!"

http://img52.yfrog.com/img52/3234/zb7.jpg

Leno looks like a total moron haha.

WHATSTHISLIFE4 04-23-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Knight
Well it looks like they played "Higher" but I've been informed that they sounded great... here's an update from Stapp:

http://img52.yfrog.com/img52/3234/zb7.jpg

Leno looks like a total moron haha.

Is it just me or does Scott Stapp look slightly different in this picture?

Buried And Gone 04-24-2010 12:34 AM

They played Higher. Way too fast but Stapp did a good job.

nagpo 04-24-2010 01:12 AM

So in promotion for their latest album...they played a song that was on their second album.

Genius.

Dark_Knight 04-24-2010 01:18 AM

My thoughts... Imho. this confirms it STAPP IS BACK! not perfect but a step in the right direction...great control & his pitch is finally back... & like the National Anthem performance he was using vibrato like he used to, there were only a few shaky moments. So overall a great job other than it was the wrong move to do an old song imo. but I'm definitely satisfied!

On the negative side the mix was pretty bad & the timing issues are still there but ah well... here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6jllpI1pxY

rabidgopher04 04-24-2010 04:12 AM

Why are they still playing Higher? I know they are trying to connect with old fans, but seriously, play something new.

BSC 04-24-2010 04:45 AM

First off, Higher? Why?

Now the positives, Stapp did well! I'm now looking forward to what else he can do nd it's so good seeing the guys today together again.

Also.. Was that Erock or Myles Kennedy?!? They look so damn alike, I'm also liking Stapp's hair.

P.S I know it was actually Erock if anyone is wondering..

JOEINHOUSTON 04-24-2010 11:05 AM

yeah, i was disappointed with the song selection. i don't think they won over anyone that was on the fence about creed. i think 'on my sleeve' or 'a thousand faces' would've been much more beneficial.

Agent D 04-24-2010 02:26 PM

Hahaha wow, they played Higher? Saves me the trouble of tracking down video of the performance at least. What an embarrassment.

bigwebb83 04-24-2010 03:00 PM

I've never even been to this site until now.... I found it last night after I googled "creed leno horrible performance". I was a creed fan back in the day. I thought there sound was awesome and alot of bands since then have been very derivative of them. That being said, the performance last night on Leno was absolutely HORRIBLE. Stapp did horrible singing. It was way below average for a live performance for a rock singer. He was off key and struggling to hit notes that I probably could've done better with. I think some of the fanboys on this site are blinded by the light of creed making a comeback. It wasn't good

Dark_Knight 04-24-2010 03:15 PM

^I'd love to hear what you think of his vocals before this performance then lol no one said it was perfect but he's improving which is a good sign.

Anyway it's up on Hulu:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/144662/the...ri-apr-23-2010

They perform around the 36 minute mark.

Odetolife 04-24-2010 03:27 PM

I think they did awesome. Yeah it was a little fast,but they are pressed for time. And stapp did a hell of alot better, let's not bash him? C'mon he might not have the exact same voice he did back in the day, but he sure has it back in shape. GOD BLESS CREED!

Steve 04-25-2010 02:30 AM

They should have played a song off the new album :(

BSC 04-25-2010 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwebb83
I've never even been to this site until now.... I found it last night after I googled "creed leno horrible performance". I was a creed fan back in the day. I thought there sound was awesome and alot of bands since then have been very derivative of them. That being said, the performance last night on Leno was absolutely HORRIBLE. Stapp did horrible singing. It was way below average for a live performance for a rock singer. He was off key and struggling to hit notes that I probably could've done better with. I think some of the fanboys on this site are blinded by the light of creed making a comeback. It wasn't good

Are you sure you were watching the right peformance?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Blinded by the light of Creed's comeback? This forum has probably been more critical of Stapp than the bloody haters.

If you think that peformance was horrible, then i'm glad you haven't seen any of the older videos from the reunion.

TrulyAmazing 04-25-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odetolife
I think they did awesome. Yeah it was a little fast,but they are pressed for time. And stapp did a hell of alot better, let's not bash him? C'mon he might not have the exact same voice he did back in the day, but he sure has it back in shape. GOD BLESS CREED!

Thank You Its A Blessings Just To Be Wit Fans That Pull Together As One GOD BLESS YOU Peace Be With You

Buried And Gone 04-25-2010 06:32 PM

They probably played higher for the 25-28 year olds that dug that song back when it was new and see the Creed got back together and tickets for the tour are only $20 so they would go. the performance was pretty good. stapp sings much softer now, the growl is gone, hopefully with the mane the growl will return. While I think it's a bit premature to say stapp is back after two songs, I think he's in the best shape since Delray. Mark and Stapp seemed the trade smiles often through the song. I would also like to say that I was the one to say once his hair came back the voice would soon follow. I was right, eat it biotchez.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigwebb83

Haterz gonna hate.

Agent D 04-27-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
They should have played a song off the new album :(

Yeah, it's just stunning that they would go with Higher AGAIN. It's humiliating, far more than Stapp's deteriotating voice. This new album has been out since October and how many times have they actually performed any of the new songs on live tv? It just reinforces the perception that they're an old, one-trick pony.

Creed009 04-27-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
Yeah, it's just stunning that they would go with Higher AGAIN. It's humiliating, far more than Stapp's deteriotating voice. This new album has been out since October and how many times have they actually performed any of the new songs on live tv? It just reinforces the perception that they're an old, one-trick pony.

Read the article below. The Tonight Show producers asked Creed to perform "Higher." It wasn't the band's idea. Also, I'm not sure if you listened to the same performance that the rest of us did, but Stapp's voice sounded great.

http://www.livedaily.com/news/creed-...nti-22025.html

Agent D 04-27-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed009
Read the article below. The Tonight Show producers asked Creed to perform "Higher." It wasn't the band's idea. Also, I'm not sure if you listened to the same performance that the rest of us did, but Stapp's voice sounded great.

http://www.livedaily.com/news/creed-...nti-22025.html

The band should've had the balls to say no. It is not helping their image to perform songs that were popular ten years ago. And my point was that it's irrelevant how good Stapp sounded, his quality performance is negated by the fact that that Higher is old news.

Also, having read the article, I'm horrified at Stapp's comments about only playing five songs off of Full Circle. That's incredible. It's the fricking Full Circle tour and you're only going to do five songs off it? Wow.

nagpo 04-28-2010 12:37 AM

They should play all Full circle songs and some of their previous songs. You'd think people would get tired of hearing Higher. You'd also think Stapp would get tired of people asking him to do WAWO.

BSC 04-28-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
The band should've had the balls to say no. It is not helping their image to perform songs that were popular ten years ago. And my point was that it's irrelevant how good Stapp sounded, his quality performance is negated by the fact that that Higher is old news.

Also, having read the article, I'm horrified at Stapp's comments about only playing five songs off of Full Circle. That's incredible. It's the fricking Full Circle tour and you're only going to do five songs off it? Wow.

Should have had the balls to say no? Well.. Then they would have got kicked off the show.

Stapp's comment?? It was Mark's comment.

Also, he says "We'll cycle through the songs" which means they won't be playing the same 5 songs, it'll just be 5 new songs per night. Which sounds reasonable. They have alot of hits which are must-haves for a setlist.

He also said they'd be dusting off material, which gets me excited.

If you're going to make a post like that, atleast know what you're talking about.

Buried And Gone 04-28-2010 09:11 PM

They're playing at most 18 songs a night and that's being generous. 5 songs from the new album sounds perfect to me. You guys fail to understand that we on here are huge creed fans. The other 10,000 people probably aren't hardcore fans. They want to hear higher and WAWO. Besides, personally I'd rather have them bust out "is this the end", "inside us all", and "TWIMC" then anything from full circle save for ATF or Overcome. But I do hope Fear is a song that they switch in. On my sleeve would be nice too.

Buried And Gone 04-28-2010 09:11 PM

Sorry for the inconsistant grammar. On an iPod and feeling lazy lol.

TrulyAmazing 04-28-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried And Gone
They're playing at most 18 songs a night and that's being generous. 5 songs from the new album sounds perfect to me. You guys fail to understand that we on here are huge creed fans. The other 10,000 people probably aren't hardcore fans. They want to hear higher and WAWO. Besides, personally I'd rather have them bust out "is this the end", "inside us all", and "TWIMC" then anything from full circle save for ATF or Overcome. But I do hope Fear is a song that they switch in. On my sleeve would be nice too.

COME ON..........:rockon:

Agent D 04-29-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buried And Gone

Who's going to these concerts besides hardcore fans? lol They can barely get people to go as it is.

Agent D 04-29-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSC
Should have had the balls to say no? Well.. Then they would have got kicked off the show.

Stapp's comment?? It was Mark's comment.

Also, he says "We'll cycle through the songs" which means they won't be playing the same 5 songs, it'll just be 5 new songs per night. Which sounds reasonable. They have alot of hits which are must-haves for a setlist.

He also said they'd be dusting off material, which gets me excited.

If you're going to make a post like that, atleast know what you're talking about.

Better to be kicked off than pander to that sort of crap. I can already imagine all the eyerolling in the audience, by anyone really, when Creed makes appearances these days. Instead of winning them over with the new songs, they exhasberate the situation by playing Higher. And the band sounded awful too, I might add. Might want to tune back up a few steps, guys.

I thought it was Stapp's quote too. I don't really care whose it was but it's idiotic either way.

And what material can they be "dusting off" if they can barely devote any time to the newest stuff? After all everyone's gotta hear frickin' Higher and WAWO for the umpteenth time.:rolleyes:

nagpo 04-29-2010 12:46 AM

I actually agree with Agent D on this issue. But lets not get to aggressive here guys, lets keep this polite.